Microsoft Office Mobile - Incompatible with Note 4?

wsrobert

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else seeing this? I'm unable to download Office Mobile from the Play Store as its saying my device is not compatible? This seems super odd.

I've used Office Mobile on my OnePlus, M8, Z1S, etc with no issues.

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't the note 4 come with hancom office 2014. I heard it is a great office tool and keeps all ms office documents in the correct format.

Posted via Android Central App

wsrobert

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Thats what I'm not sure of. I've tweeted at both and gotten no response. As well as followed up with a few other tech bloggers. No response. Would love for AC or someone to cover this. Seems to be a relatively large issue. For those heavy users of Office anyway.

wsrobert

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
It does. But thats not the point. I can use Googles suite of products too. But I use Office everywhere. And I want to use it on my Android device - like I have previously. With all other devices.

I wouldnt be surprised to find out that Hancom is the reason Office is unavailable.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I evidently can't post a perfectly legal and honorable way to use the app I paid for because the moderator removed the link but if you Google things like Office Mobile apk etc, it'll pop right up. Good luck.

And note to moderators... I am in the IP business. I honor agreements. I just don't like it when someone else tries to void my own agreements and licenses.

Can you backup the app and side load it on the N4?

paulunstech

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
You can install it manually by uploading the APK for Office Mobile. Make sure in Security settings, you check off Allow Unknown Sources...

I couldnt attach onto this comment and apparently I don't post enough to post links but just Google it and you can find the APK on the APK 4 Fun website.

paulunstech

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
So what is the story, is it really some conflict with the crappy Office app that is preloaded in the Note 4 that Google won't allow Office Mobile to be installed via Google Play?

Ridiculous. Glad I found the workaround.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
You can install it manually by uploading the APK for Office Mobile. Make sure in Security settings, you check off Allow Unknown Sources...

Be careful with doing this however as it can expose your phone to malicious software. If you do, at least make sure you are running reputable anti virus software.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

cynindesign

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Same here but I read get from play store MaAppsharer to grab from a device where it's working and install it on tablets and phones....works fine on Note 4 and Note Tab 4. I had already traded in my Note 3 (had no issues) ....I resurrected my GNEX and uploaded the apk to Dropbox and installed it on my N4 and NT4....the issue was to be able to obtain the installer....every site I looked at to just download the apk was full of risk.

Others have knocked it's not as robust as other office apps out there, but all I needed to do is share the cloud storage and veiw docs....BTW, if you have the 365 subscription, you now have 10tbs of cloud space

How To Install Microsoft Office Mobile on Unsupported Android Tablets

The apk is free so if anyone needs it message me I'll get the zipped file to you, Cyn

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Funny... I posted almost exactly this last week and it was removed. Even the same link. I don't know why since it is only allowing us to use what we paid for.

Same here but I read get from play store MaAppsharer to grab from a device where it's working and install it on tablets and phones....works fine on Note 4 and Note Tab 4. I had already traded in my Note 3 (had no issues) ....I resurrected my GNEX and uploaded the apk to Dropbox and installed it on my N4 and NT4....the issue was to be able to obtain the installer....every site I looked at to just download the apk was full of risk.

Others have knocked it's not as robust as other office apps out there, but all I needed to do is share the cloud storage and veiw docs....BTW, if you have the 365 subscription, you now have 10tbs of cloud space

The apk is free so if anyone needs it message me I'll get the zipped file to you, Cyn

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

So this only works if you have previously installed Office Mobile on another device?

Posted via the Android Central App

Shakunt Tambe

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I am facing this issue too with my new Note 4.

Just had a chat with Google Play support and they say the incompatibility is because:

"Note 4's screen density is higher than what Microsoft Office Mobile supports"

Looks like we have to just wait for an update for this.

Note 4 (and LG g3 ) is too good for it!

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you read what's here you'll see it works just fine.

I am facing this issue too with my new Note 4.

Just had a chat with Google Play support and they say the incompatibility is because:

"Note 4's screen density is higher than what Microsoft Office Mobile supports"

Looks like we have to just wait for an update for this.

Note 4 (and LG g3 ) is too good for it!

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Boy I would recommend waiting guys. If you can work around to load it and the issue is as described I would bet the device would struggle with that anomaly every time you opened the program. Then again, maybe it is critical for some folks. I will use what is there for now and wait for the developers to catch up. But I could totally understand somebody trying to get it going before it is fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox