Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Anyone having problems with browser connecting?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I use a Firefox variant called Pale Moon. the load indicator icon just keeps circling. No page loads. I have noticed that this tends to happen when I've recently switched connections--changed wi-fi networks or gone to 4g. I haven't tested it as much with other browsers, but it does at the moment seem better with them, so maybe it's Pale Moon. Maybe some combo of Mozilla and N4. Maybe it will get worse with all of them. More troubleshooting ahead. Still...It seems quite reliable on all platforms if on wi-fi and on the original network that I used to install it. After that it acts like I have a slow or non-existent connection even when I don't..

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone having problems with browser connecting?

I hadn't even heard of that browser, but at least on the ones I have on my phone (Chrome and the stock browser, although I always use the first) I have no issues even when switching networks.

When you try to load the page, does it 'hang' just in that browser or on any other one?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone having problems with browser connecting?

I hadn't even heard of that browser, but at least on the ones I have on my phone (Chrome and the stock browser, although I always use the first) I have no issues even when switching networks.

When you try to load the page, does it 'hang' just in that browser or on any other one?

Just hangs--sometimes. Works on my home wifi, it seems. I haven't had enough time to test it carefully on other browsers since obviously I use my default on my default network and didn't realize there was an issue until now, but it seems better on other browsers.

Pale Moon is basically Firefox--it's basically the FF code, etc. It looks similar. Originally, it even used Mozilla's sync server. It's just programmed (by what one might call FF renegades) who got tired of the constant upgrades and changes to the look-and-feel that seemed to be turning FF into a full-time job and Chrome imitator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty