Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Wireless charging on the way!

winpeguy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Wireless charging on the way!

You will probably lose NFC according to the Amazon Technical info. Also note that this is a 1mm receiver, whereas most slim ones are .5mm

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

nice find.. 600mA will take us what? 4-5 hours to charge ='-/

but I think I'm going to do it anyway.. my S4 stopped working as a USB 6 months ago.. it still will charge but I'm afraid of all the different power connectors and plugging in and out messed it up. I dont want to do that to this phone.

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

Also seen this a few minutes ago, S View cases coming with Qi charging built in which is what I'm waiting for...

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Covers :: MobileFun.com

Will this work with at&t? I ask because they are supporting pma (or whatever it is called, lol). When I followed the link and read the description, it didn't mention carrier compatibility that I saw.

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome Note 4

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

Will this work with at&t? I ask because they are supporting pma (or whatever it is called, lol). When I followed the link and read the description, it didn't mention carrier compatibility that I saw.

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome Note 4

I'm also wondering this. I asked the Samsung dude at the experience shop at my local Best Buy and he said it will be Qi and "AT&T can't mess with it" but that's exactly what they did to the LG G3.

damink23

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

I though during the intro of the note 4 they showed off a back cover Qi case. Non s view just the back cover.

No?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Blackintuit

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site

Samsung is producing both a replacement back panel Qi Wireless Charging Cover (retail USD $39.99) in both black and white, and back panel replacement S cover version Qi Wireless Charging Cover (retail USD $59.99) in both black and white

With the Note 3 October 2014 release, these weren't available in the US until end of January 2015, and then became commonly available at half the retail cost by March 2015.

There were some early reports of NFC loss with 3rd party coils. But most N3 owners have not made much use of NFC or S-beam. The main thing people would like to use NFC for --to add local wifi networks/password by swiping a NFC tag --still isn't supported by android.

Last edited:

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Thats what kept me from getting the G3 back in the Summer, AT&T not supporting Qi charging on their cases for it. I think the new S view covers with it built in will work but not 100% at this point. Will have to wait and see.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

The one I had with my Spigen case on the Note 3 is still flawless. It's no longer available but I think it was a lot less than $30 at the time. No sense scaring people off for no good reason...

PThink Ultra-thin 0.5mm Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Card Coil for Samsung Galaxy Note III 3 N9000 N9005 with Full NFC Support

The 3rd party Qi coils I tried with the Note 3 didn't work. But the official case does.

Spending $30 on a coil that may or not work when you can spend $40 and get Samsung's own case with the Qi charger coil built in may be penny wise and pound foolish.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered this. Coil only is $8.99. I figured for $17 for both I have to try it. I thought I got the link in this thread but I don't see it.

Wireless Qi Charger Charging Pad + Receiver Kit For Samsung Galaxy Note4 N9100 4

Just got it in the mail...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a7...oads/25ff0334-9e19-402d-b946-27f03680c6b8.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/lostsoul2525/Mobile Uploads/20141031_092201.jpg

So.. here we go. opened it up and there is no main plug in for it. just the usb, charging pad and coil for back of the phone.. took off coever and had to look at the ebay link again to make sure I put the pins in the right spot. So book mark it. Since the coil pack is thin and flimsy I used 2 very small pieces of tape to hold the damn thing in place while I put the cover back on. Everything does and will fit back on. Of course there will be a little bump but the back cover will close. I had it off the case and used the base with the stock plug. The Qi base has a red and green light to give you status which is cool. I was a 49% @ 9:50am and by 10:30 I was at 57% so its not too fast but of course this was while the phone is on. I took it off the base and thing was pretty hot. it might be a good idea to make something to prop it up a millimeter to get a little air space. but there is not much more before it loses it connection. matter of fact I put my spuigan? case back on and it would not charge. It just kept starting and dropping over and over . I would have thought there would have been more range before it drops but I guess not. maybe there are other bases that will work better then this one.. and still use the same receiver. I want wireless but now I'm looking at removing the case which blows. Right now I took it off the sammy plug and put the usb into my 3.0 on my pc. it doesnt seem to get as hot. I will do more testing, but for now it works ok. we will see how long.

usb 3.0 doesnt give out enough amps so I'm trying with the kindle charger. I also do have my case on and seems to be working but you have to have it on the spot perfectly other cases might not have too much of an issue.. the directions says to remove it and that cases can reduce the charge..

Last edited:

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I will wait for the Samsung wireless back cover which will have both wireless charging and NFC functionality. And I can purchase it in white, black, pink, or gold most likely. Which would provide color mix and match possibilities.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
true, but you can have wireless charging now and for a 1/5 of the cost. (unless it blows everything up and there goes a $900 phone)
Also I'm not into the samsung cases. I need a kickstand.

As for the heat issue I would put a spacer or turn it off(will charge quicker also). Also looks like with the case it will charge but I noticed the green light flashing.. but when the phone is on without a case its solid. maybe the determines what level to charge. Once I drain this thing close to 1% Ill turn it off and see how long it will charge to get to full

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site

beavo451

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, the NFC on the Note 4 seems to be closer to the bottom of the phone. So, if the wireless coils don't extend too far down, it may not be an issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan