11-27-2014 03:16 AM
88 1234
tools
    You won't know unless you have it. My phone is mostly sitting in my home or office. To never have to plug it is just handy. Charging time is pretty irrelevant to me because it's usually pretty full. I know it isn't the case for everyone but this is one answer. Also, the times aren't that different except when really low.

What is the point of these as you save about 2 seconds to plug over a normal charger and then have to wait hours more for it to charge ?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-03-2014 09:18 AM
    I for one am not worried about wireless charging. I have a spare so I just swap when needed -- Don't want the phone to charge every time I lay it down.

I could see how for some though it would be useful .
    11-03-2014 10:18 AM
    Yeah, you lose your USB port but I don't use it for anything anyways, so it's not a big deal because I leave it plugged in and never remove it. If I need to plug it in into my PC, I just unplug it. BUT....I do have it plugged in and the phone seated into a leather wallet case (any case will work) and sandwiched between the case and phone. It's not noticeable in any way and it gives me wireless charging on the cheap till an original Samsung back is released.
    I used something similar to what you posted on my Note 3 but it made the back bulge out. Not to bad, but enough to where it left a gap near the camera. How's this one you mentioned?

It will be a day or so before I get the one for the Note 4. I had one on my Note 2 and it did bulge out the phone back but I modified the Ballistic case to accommodate the bulge and it was not noticeable in the case. I hope there is some way to make the wireless adapter work with the ZeroLemon super battery I plan on getting when it comes out.
    11-03-2014 12:41 PM
    It will be a day or so before I get the one for the Note 4. I had one on my Note 2 and it did bulge out the phone back but I modified the Ballistic case to accommodate the bulge and it was not noticeable in the case. I hope there is some way to make the wireless adapter work with the ZeroLemon super battery I plan on getting when it comes out.
    They have the OEM wireless charging back on Samsungs website for 40 bucks.....says coming soon. From the look of it, it's the same size as the original back but I'm doubting that. I'll get it anyways just to see.
    11-03-2014 04:26 PM
    I for one am not worried about wireless charging. I have a spare so I just swap when needed -- Don't want the phone to charge every time I lay it down.

I could see how for some though it would be useful .
    It won't charge every time you lay it down....as long as you don't lay it down on the charging pad!

It is useful. I just plop it down and go to bed. When I wake up it's fully charged. No muss, no fuss, and absolutely no cursing when you accidentally jam the USB into the phone at an angle....
    kittenphelia likes this.
    11-03-2014 04:29 PM
    Make sure you have the right contacts. I got mine and the sticker works with both Qi chargers and I can BARELY see it if I hold just right. I haven't seen much over 1000 ma but I was at 85% when I started.

EDIT, Sry lostsoul2...it was you who said to check the contacts so I guess you did. Mine works.

Also, if you don't have Galaxy Charging Current Lite you may want it for all this battery stuff.
    11-03-2014 05:24 PM
    I just want a wireless charging back so I can use my phone naked and not worry about the phone sitting on my camera lens.... Plus, white back and black phone =sex!

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-03-2014 05:59 PM
    It won't charge every time you lay it down....as long as you don't lay it down on the charging pad!

It is useful. I just plop it down and go to bed. When I wake up it's fully charged. No muss, no fuss, and absolutely no cursing when you accidentally jam the USB into the phone at an angle....
    True. I just avoid that by never plugging the phone in .. I just do a battery swap .
    11-03-2014 06:38 PM
    11-03-2014 07:05 PM
    Nice. Hopefully samsung makes it available on their accessory page soon. Would be nice to get 50% off
    11-03-2014 07:15 PM
    I've been interested in wireless charging but how would it compare to the fast charging on the note 4?
    11-03-2014 07:49 PM
    I've been interested in wireless charging but how would it compare to the fast charging on the note 4?
    I was about to ask if wireless charging doesn't charge the phone as fast as fast charging then would wireless charging be of any interest? I personally love how fast this thing charges. I had 60% about 30 minutes ago and it's already at 100%.
    11-03-2014 08:45 PM
    I was about to ask if wireless charging doesn't charge the phone as fast as fast charging then would wireless charging be of any interest? I personally love how fast this thing charges. I had 60% about 30 minutes ago and it's already at 100%.
    LMAO I relate! I put my Note to charge, took a shower, ate and it was fully charged I love the fast charger but I am dreading to see how it does on a car charger or a regular charger. I may be disappointed at how slow it may be lol. Last time I had it plugged into the car charger I was LOSING battery power slowly but surely, lol.
    11-03-2014 10:08 PM
    I really only use the wireless when I am sleeping. I just lay it next to the alarm clock and grab and go in the morning, no wear and tear on the micro usb. During the night if I want to check email or surf the web, no plugging, no cord. Any other time, not to often, I use the quick charger.
    11-03-2014 10:26 PM
    LMAO I relate! I put my Note to charge, took a shower, ate and it was fully charged I love the fast charger but I am dreading to see how it does on a car charger or a regular charger. I may be disappointed at how slow it may be lol. Last time I had it plugged into the car charger I was LOSING battery power slowly but surely, lol.
    My charge was via the micro USB that came with my Asus Transformer so I got a good charge even from a basic charger. Might be a good experiment to see what the difference is in charging with a standard Micro USB vs Samsung's "Fast" charger. I know the USB connection in my car doesn't charge as fast, but I almost expect it.
    11-03-2014 10:39 PM
    My $17 Chinese setup runs a lot slower. I think all wireless setups will be slower. It'll be interesting to see if the OEM stuff is fast but I don't need it. I don't like cases and this coil is fast enough for me.

11-04-2014 09:47 AM
    I noticed most them seem to operate in the 600mA range. Quick charge is 2000mA.
    hdhuntr likes this.
    11-04-2014 11:08 AM
    Be of any interest? Well, you're not using it while your sleeping, so at night just before bed, place it on the wireless charger and go to bed. Wake up in the morning at 100%. The convenience is NOT having to fumble with cables. My desk is cluttered enough.

And yes, it charges much slower. But who cares....your sleeping
    stang6790 likes this.
    11-04-2014 05:08 PM
    My $17 Chinese setup runs a lot slower. I think all wireless setups will be slower. It'll be interesting to see if the OEM stuff is fast but I don't need it. I don't like cases and this coil is fast enough for me.
    The OEM charging back for my note 3 charged a little....and I mean a little....faster that 3rd party USB coils I had for it. My bet is the OEM back for the note 4 will be really no different.
    11-04-2014 05:12 PM
    I've got a question for the ones using wireless charging. What advantage does it have if you can plug in the fast charger, besides the obvious (even while your sleeping like you would if you used wireless charging) and it charges to full in a little over an hour..
    11-04-2014 06:41 PM
    I've got a question for the ones using wireless charging. What advantage does it have if you can plug in the fast charger, besides the obvious (even while your sleeping like you would if you used wireless charging) and it charges to full in a little over an hour..
    With the plug I have to find the plug, flip it the right direction stuff it in some little tiny hole and then wait. With the wireless I just plop it down on the table and turn out the light. Wake up and pick it up and go. The wired I have to fiddle with unplugging the thing then hope the dog doesn't decide to eat the plug while I am at work. If you are sleeping who cares if it takes a couple hours.
    hdhuntr likes this.
    11-04-2014 06:51 PM
    Be of any interest? Well, you're not using it while your sleeping, so at night just before bed, place it on the wireless charger and go to bed. Wake up in the morning at 100%. The convenience is NOT having to fumble with cables. My desk is cluttered enough.

And yes, it charges much slower. But who cares....your sleeping
    I'd rather charge it for 30 minutes when I wake up if it's at like 50% and have it fully charged than have it sit on a charger all night charging. For me it's actually easy to charge it as I use it for my home Wifi connection and charge it then so when I'm ready for bed, it's 100% charged, then when I wake up it's only lost 4-5% of its charge. To each his/her own though.
    11-04-2014 07:29 PM
    I'd rather charge it for 30 minutes when I wake up if it's at like 50% and have it fully charged than have it sit on a charger all night charging. For me it's actually easy to charge it as I use it for my home Wifi connection and charge it then so when I'm ready for bed, it's 100% charged, then when I wake up it's only lost 4-5% of its charge. To each his/her own though.
    It's all subjective and depends on one's needs. I go to bed at 930 - 10pm and get up any where between 3 and 4am. So I get my 100% charge and good to go. I honestly don't know why I like WC so much....I just do.
    hdhuntr likes this.
    11-05-2014 05:09 AM
    It just irritates me to have to fiddle with that little tiny plug every stinking time I want a little juice. I know it is nothing but every single time, especially in the dark I am saying to myself: "Sure hope this plug is not in backwards-SHOVE!". In the two years of owning my Note 2, it didn't get a plug shoved in it's little embouchement more than a handful of times.
    hdhuntr likes this.
    11-05-2014 09:42 AM
    It just irritates me to have to fiddle with that little tiny plug every stinking time I want a little juice. I know it is nothing but every single time, especially in the dark I am saying to myself: "Sure hope this plug is not in backwards-SHOVE!". In the two years of owning my Note 2, it didn't get a plug shoved in it's little embouchement more than a handful of times.
    In the dark feel the charger a little bit ... They put two grooves on the charging port which is only on the "top" part of the charger... So as long as you feel those two grooves on top you know you're putting the charger in the right way .
    11-05-2014 01:32 PM
88 1234