Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Wireless charging on the way!

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thank you lost and luv for the reviews. I am eager to see how it compares to the one I had for the Note 3 which was great. Also to see the difference between the pad that comes with it and the Koolpad I had with the Note 3 which might be better than the pad with this one. Koolpad was great and worked through my Spigen case. Not using a case on the GN4 so far.
Koolpad is $24 on Amazon Prime but it's good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4017528

biggunspaul

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
What is the point of these as you save about 2 seconds to plug over a normal charger and then have to wait hours more for it to charge ?

Posted via the Android Central App

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you lost and luv for the reviews. I am eager to see how it compares to the one I had for the Note 3 which was great. Also to see the difference between the pad that comes with it and the Koolpad I had with the Note 3 which might be better than the pad with this one. Koolpad was great and worked through my Spigen case. Not using a case on the GN4 so far.
Koolpad is $24 on Amazon Prime but it's good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4019635

No problem. My spigen case is easy to take on and off. It will charge on the pad if you get it right, but I noticed that the green charge light on the charging pad will blink green but with the case off it will be a solid green. Even blinking green it will charge but dont know if that means its not at the same mA or not.

What is the point of these as you save about 2 seconds to plug over a normal charger and then have to wait hours more for it to charge ?

your right.. just like the fight with the finger print things. it works most of the time and I like that option but once in a while have issues that **** me off.

The main reason I wanted to try wireless charging was 1) its new to me and cool without wires and 2) the main reason is because my last phone(S4) the connector must have semi got messed up because when plugged in to any pc it would charge but not pop up a folder to TX things over. I spent tons of times trying different things/programs to get it to work and I just came up with it must have been messed up with years of abuse and changing the usb or controller parts for it aint cheap.

Sooooooo.. what to do.. I have found super beam where I can tx filed wireless in my home network so I dont need to connect to that and now charge wireless but it is a pain too. have to take the cover off and power it down to really get a good charge that will still take hours. And in the end your still wasting more electricity then whats going in the phone. haha.. So who knows.. I may ditch it or mix it .

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how that get's you anything, you still have to plug it in the phone's usb.

I have this one on the way.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4019881
Yeah, you lose your USB port but I don't use it for anything anyways, so it's not a big deal because I leave it plugged in and never remove it. If I need to plug it in into my PC, I just unplug it. BUT....I do have it plugged in and the phone seated into a leather wallet case (any case will work) and sandwiched between the case and phone. It's not noticeable in any way and it gives me wireless charging on the cheap till an original Samsung back is released.

I used something similar to what you posted on my Note 3 but it made the back bulge out. Not to bad, but enough to where it left a gap near the camera. How's this one you mentioned?

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You won't know unless you have it. My phone is mostly sitting in my home or office. To never have to plug it is just handy. Charging time is pretty irrelevant to me because it's usually pretty full. I know it isn't the case for everyone but this is one answer. Also, the times aren't that different except when really low.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I for one am not worried about wireless charging. I have a spare so I just swap when needed -- Don't want the phone to charge every time I lay it down.

I could see how for some though it would be useful :).

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, you lose your USB port but I don't use it for anything anyways, so it's not a big deal because I leave it plugged in and never remove it. If I need to plug it in into my PC, I just unplug it. BUT....I do have it plugged in and the phone seated into a leather wallet case (any case will work) and sandwiched between the case and phone. It's not noticeable in any way and it gives me wireless charging on the cheap till an original Samsung back is released.
I used something similar to what you posted on my Note 3 but it made the back bulge out. Not to bad, but enough to where it left a gap near the camera. How's this one you mentioned?

It will be a day or so before I get the one for the Note 4. I had one on my Note 2 and it did bulge out the phone back but I modified the Ballistic case to accommodate the bulge and it was not noticeable in the case. I hope there is some way to make the wireless adapter work with the ZeroLemon super battery I plan on getting when it comes out.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It will be a day or so before I get the one for the Note 4. I had one on my Note 2 and it did bulge out the phone back but I modified the Ballistic case to accommodate the bulge and it was not noticeable in the case. I hope there is some way to make the wireless adapter work with the ZeroLemon super battery I plan on getting when it comes out.
They have the OEM wireless charging back on Samsungs website for 40 bucks.....says coming soon. From the look of it, it's the same size as the original back but I'm doubting that. I'll get it anyways just to see.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I for one am not worried about wireless charging. I have a spare so I just swap when needed -- Don't want the phone to charge every time I lay it down.

I could see how for some though it would be useful :).

It won't charge every time you lay it down....as long as you don't lay it down on the charging pad! :)

It is useful. I just plop it down and go to bed. When I wake up it's fully charged. No muss, no fuss, and absolutely no cursing when you accidentally jam the USB into the phone at an angle....:)

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you have the right contacts. I got mine and the sticker works with both Qi chargers and I can BARELY see it if I hold just right. I haven't seen much over 1000 ma but I was at 85% when I started.

EDIT, Sry lostsoul2...it was you who said to check the contacts so I guess you did. Mine works.

Also, if you don't have Galaxy Charging Current Lite you may want it for all this battery stuff.

Last edited:

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I just want a wireless charging back so I can use my phone naked and not worry about the phone sitting on my camera lens.... Plus, white back and black phone =sex!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It won't charge every time you lay it down....as long as you don't lay it down on the charging pad! :)

It is useful. I just plop it down and go to bed. When I wake up it's fully charged. No muss, no fuss, and absolutely no cursing when you accidentally jam the USB into the phone at an angle....:)

True. I just avoid that by never plugging the phone in .. I just do a battery swap :D.

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been interested in wireless charging but how would it compare to the fast charging on the note 4?

I was about to ask if wireless charging doesn't charge the phone as fast as fast charging then would wireless charging be of any interest? I personally love how fast this thing charges. I had 60% about 30 minutes ago and it's already at 100%.

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I was about to ask if wireless charging doesn't charge the phone as fast as fast charging then would wireless charging be of any interest? I personally love how fast this thing charges. I had 60% about 30 minutes ago and it's already at 100%.

LMAO I relate! I put my Note to charge, took a shower, ate and it was fully charged I love the fast charger but I am dreading to see how it does on a car charger or a regular charger. I may be disappointed at how slow it may be lol. Last time I had it plugged into the car charger I was LOSING battery power slowly but surely, lol.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I really only use the wireless when I am sleeping. I just lay it next to the alarm clock and grab and go in the morning, no wear and tear on the micro usb. During the night if I want to check email or surf the web, no plugging, no cord. Any other time, not to often, I use the quick charger.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
LMAO I relate! I put my Note to charge, took a shower, ate and it was fully charged I love the fast charger but I am dreading to see how it does on a car charger or a regular charger. I may be disappointed at how slow it may be lol. Last time I had it plugged into the car charger I was LOSING battery power slowly but surely, lol.

My charge was via the micro USB that came with my Asus Transformer so I got a good charge even from a basic charger. Might be a good experiment to see what the difference is in charging with a standard Micro USB vs Samsung's "Fast" charger. I know the USB connection in my car doesn't charge as fast, but I almost expect it.