Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Wireless charging on the way!

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My $17 Chinese setup runs a lot slower. I think all wireless setups will be slower. It'll be interesting to see if the OEM stuff is fast but I don't need it. I don't like cases and this coil is fast enough for me.

I've been interested in wireless charging but how would it compare to the fast charging on the note 4?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I was about to ask if wireless charging doesn't charge the phone as fast as fast charging then would wireless charging be of any interest? I personally love how fast this thing charges. I had 60% about 30 minutes ago and it's already at 100%.

Be of any interest? Well, you're not using it while your sleeping, so at night just before bed, place it on the wireless charger and go to bed. Wake up in the morning at 100%. The convenience is NOT having to fumble with cables. My desk is cluttered enough.

And yes, it charges much slower. But who cares....your sleeping :)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
My $17 Chinese setup runs a lot slower. I think all wireless setups will be slower. It'll be interesting to see if the OEM stuff is fast but I don't need it. I don't like cases and this coil is fast enough for me.

The OEM charging back for my note 3 charged a little....and I mean a little....faster that 3rd party USB coils I had for it. My bet is the OEM back for the note 4 will be really no different.

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I've got a question for the ones using wireless charging. What advantage does it have if you can plug in the fast charger, besides the obvious (even while your sleeping like you would if you used wireless charging) and it charges to full in a little over an hour..

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've got a question for the ones using wireless charging. What advantage does it have if you can plug in the fast charger, besides the obvious (even while your sleeping like you would if you used wireless charging) and it charges to full in a little over an hour..

With the plug I have to find the plug, flip it the right direction stuff it in some little tiny hole and then wait. With the wireless I just plop it down on the table and turn out the light. Wake up and pick it up and go. The wired I have to fiddle with unplugging the thing then hope the dog doesn't decide to eat the plug while I am at work. If you are sleeping who cares if it takes a couple hours.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Be of any interest? Well, you're not using it while your sleeping, so at night just before bed, place it on the wireless charger and go to bed. Wake up in the morning at 100%. The convenience is NOT having to fumble with cables. My desk is cluttered enough.

And yes, it charges much slower. But who cares....your sleeping :)

I'd rather charge it for 30 minutes when I wake up if it's at like 50% and have it fully charged than have it sit on a charger all night charging. For me it's actually easy to charge it as I use it for my home Wifi connection and charge it then so when I'm ready for bed, it's 100% charged, then when I wake up it's only lost 4-5% of its charge. To each his/her own though.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather charge it for 30 minutes when I wake up if it's at like 50% and have it fully charged than have it sit on a charger all night charging. For me it's actually easy to charge it as I use it for my home Wifi connection and charge it then so when I'm ready for bed, it's 100% charged, then when I wake up it's only lost 4-5% of its charge. To each his/her own though.

It's all subjective and depends on one's needs. I go to bed at 930 - 10pm and get up any where between 3 and 4am. So I get my 100% charge and good to go. I honestly don't know why I like WC so much....I just do.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
It just irritates me to have to fiddle with that little tiny plug every stinking time I want a little juice. I know it is nothing but every single time, especially in the dark I am saying to myself: "Sure hope this plug is not in backwards-SHOVE!". In the two years of owning my Note 2, it didn't get a plug shoved in it's little embouchement more than a handful of times.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It just irritates me to have to fiddle with that little tiny plug every stinking time I want a little juice. I know it is nothing but every single time, especially in the dark I am saying to myself: "Sure hope this plug is not in backwards-SHOVE!". In the two years of owning my Note 2, it didn't get a plug shoved in it's little embouchement more than a handful of times.

In the dark feel the charger a little bit ... They put two grooves on the charging port which is only on the "top" part of the charger... So as long as you feel those two grooves on top you know you're putting the charger in the right way ;).

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Are we still talking about plugging the phone up or something else? th_protect.gif

Blackintuit

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Full retail $70 for the S-view wireless cover black or white. now on amazon but not in stock yet.
The "just the back, thanks" wireless cover at $40 is not yet listed.

No feedback yet on how adaptive charging works with wireless Qi charging and the Note 4.

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

I honestly cannot fathom how anyone can plug in the Note 4 charger backwards. If it doesn't go in, turn it around?

cadcoke5

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
That 3-state illustration is certainly true. The odds of successfully plugging in a USB connector is approximately 1:4 for me.

I am puzzled why the USB folks never specified something about the connector that would allow you to feel the top side. Even a simple bump on the connector would have done it.

-Joe

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Always wondered about that. They must have been in a bad mood when they signed off on it.

That 3-state illustration is certainly true. The odds of successfully plugging in a USB connector is approximately 1:4 for me.

I am puzzled why the USB folks never specified something about the connector that would allow you to feel the top side. Even a simple bump on the connector would have done it.

-Joe

rrspikes

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Received mine today. It's very well made.

It does add a bit of bulk, but I find it fits my hand better now. I don't use a case.

Posted via the Android Central App

ronr9286t

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
When someone gets one of these (view-case with wireless charging) can you report on whether it adds thickness over the standard Samsung view case for the Note 4, and if so, how much?

Ron

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800