Samsung Galaxy Note 4 car Bluetooth issues?

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I've never had this problem with previous android phones or iPhone before. I can connect the note 4 to the car and listen to audio but I can't control the phone from my steering wheel like I could in the past. I'm also missing song info from my car's display. Anyone have this problem or know of a solution?

Posted via the Android Central App

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: car Bluetooth issues?

I had this issue but not with a steering wheel. Check to see if the car stereo firmware is current and update it if it needs it. Mine worked fine with my Note 3 but was useless with my Note 4 until I did this.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site

I've never had this problem with previous android phones or iPhone before. I can connect the note 4 to the car and listen to audio but I can't control the phone from my steering wheel like I could in the past. I'm also missing song info from my car's display. Anyone have this problem or know of a solution?

Hold the power button on you car stereo with the window switch up pump on your brakes 3 times then let go...
Should reset

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Hold the power button on you car stereo with the window switch up pump on your brakes 3 times then let go...
Should reset

and this works with what brand?! lol

but the problem that I am having is with my 2015 Chrysler 200C, the note 3 every time a song would change the information changes on the entertainment system... but on the note 4, whatever song is playing when the car syncs is the song that it will show until you change media sources like satellite or fm/am, but all controls, steering wheel, knobs, etc, all work fine, just the data isn't updating.

And I have installed the latest firmware version for it, as well as just, today, installed the material google play music app...

oldschool65

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

My Note 4 plays great but I get no album / song info on my car stereo, same goes for my wife's SUV. Worked great with my Note 3 on both vehicles. 2014 Durango ,2012 Mazdaspeed3. :confused: :-\

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site

My Note 4 plays great but I get no album / song info on my car stereo, same goes for my wife's SUV. Worked great with my Note 3 on both vehicles. 2014 Durango ,2012 Mazdaspeed3. :confused: :-\

I am having the same issue. Hopefully they will come out with a fix soon.. I kinda miss the info being displayed on my car.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

-bump-

Anyone figure out a trick to get album info/artwork/song info to show? I un-paried and paired and got my steering wheel controls working, but still no song info. /sigh

phoneluva

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
No issues for me using the note 4. I have been using my Moto 360 along with the car bt no problem. Sounds to me like a car manufacturer software issue.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Goosty

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue with the song info not changing on my camry. Now it works. Wish I could say I did something to fix it but I didnt. Just got lucky I guess. Lol

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
In my 2013 Subaru Impreza I must manually connect to Bluetooth every time I get in the car and every time I change away from Bluetooth, so that means no phone calls unless BT is active... My old Note 3 was fine... but I do get album data ok...

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue with the song info not changing on my camry. Now it works. Wish I could say I did something to fix it but I didnt. Just got lucky I guess. Lol

I have a toyota too. Weird. Like everything else works fine. Except for displaying song data. Kind of annoying.

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Everything works fine on my 2014 Accord hybrid. Just paired it up tonight and get song info and everything.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it worked fine, I had to pair it to Honda Link the first time of course, but every time I start my car since then it automatically pairs my Note 4 and continues playing whatever song I was listening to in Google Music.

Stina Ruiz

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a 2015 Kia Optima. My Samsung Galaxy Mega paired just fine with BT stereo but now my Note 4 will not show song title/ artist info. Any suggestions how to get info to show??? How do I check if firmware is up to date?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1