Samsung Galaxy Note 4 car Bluetooth issues?

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2012 Outback PZEV and my bofriends Iphone pairs fine.
Not my Note 4, Says it's paired - but wouldn't connect.
I had nothing until I downloaded the "auto connect" app.

Now it works sometimes - and sometimes I hear it ring - won't answer and sends caller directly to voice mail.

If it doesn' t get fixed soon - I've got til 15 Jan to return the phone. I will return it!

The problem is not with your phone, it is with the firmware on your Outback's system. The iPhone uses an older BT codec that is compatible with the system. Your Note 4 does not. Contact your dealer and see if they have a firmware update available for the sound system. You may even need to research this on your own on a Subaru owner's forum, as the dealerships aren't always great about researching small details like that.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2012 Outback PZEV and my bofriends Iphone pairs fine.
Not my Note 4, Says it's paired - but wouldn't connect.
I had nothing until I downloaded the "auto connect" app.

Now it works sometimes - and sometimes I hear it ring - won't answer and sends caller directly to voice mail.

If it doesn' t get fixed soon - I've got til 15 Jan to return the phone. I will return it!
Try deleting it from the deck and re pairing it. That helped for me. The real help was to factory reset my Note 4. It still has BT issues but at least I can auto connect without powering the phone on every time I get in the car...

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the Note 4 and a 2012 Subaru Impreza.

My old HTC One M8 connected flawlessly but the Note 4 requires me to manually connect it most of the time and is generally just inconsistent when connecting, sometimes taking a few seconds to connect while other times taking 20-30 seconds after 1-2 connection attempts. It is very annoying and this is the type of thing that would make me want to return the phone.

Is there any fix in sight?

Tanooki2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2014 BMW X1 and my Note 2 worked perfectly with it. My Note 4 will make and receive calls, but it won't play any music. It shows in the display that it's set up for audio playback, so I'm puzzled. I can't imagine a 2014 car would already need a BT firmware update. I will try unpairing and repairing.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2014 BMW X1 and my Note 2 worked perfectly with it. My Note 4 will make and receive calls, but it won't play any music. It shows in the display that it's set up for audio playback, so I'm puzzled. I can't imagine a 2014 car would already need a BT firmware update. I will try unpairing and repairing.
It's very possible. Even new generation models will sometimes incorporate older generation parts.

My 2011 Jeep had the same radio that was in my wife's 2008 Dodge.

Car manufacturers don't move that quickly in response to technology changes.

calvinrokks

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I finally have information (but not a fix) as to why my Note 4 is having bluetooth connection problems on my 2014 Nissan Altima. The Nissan bluetooth department told me that it's a known Samsung issue that they're working on. Apparently, the Note 4 and Edge all use the newest AVCRP 1.5, which nobody else uses yet. Nissan told me that they were told by Samsung, that in their next update, they're going to revert the phones back to AVCRP 1.3, which is the standard in the industry. I don't know when that will happen, but at least I know why now. I have no idea what AVCRP is, by the way. I'm just relaying the info from bluetooth support.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I finally have information (but not a fix) as to why my Note 4 is having bluetooth connection problems on my 2014 Nissan Altima. The Nissan bluetooth department told me that it's a known Samsung issue that they're working on. Apparently, the Note 4 and Edge all use the newest AVCRP 1.5, which nobody else uses yet. Nissan told me that they were told by Samsung, that in their next update, they're going to revert the phones back to AVCRP 1.3, which is the standard in the industry. I don't know when that will happen, but at least I know why now. I have no idea what AVCRP is, by the way. I'm just relaying the info from bluetooth support.

I'm going to call BS on that line of garbage you got fed. The Note 4 uses BT version 4.1 (which probably encompasses the AVCRP 1.5 codec). Your Altima most likely supports 4.0.

I call shenanigans because I really don't see Samsung "rolling back" to a previous version. They didn't when this occurred when they went from BT 2.0 in the Galaxy S2 to 3.0 in the S3, and 4.0 in the S4. The other manufacturers simply update their firmware to be compatible with the latest BT version.

Most likely, they've been given a line to repeat that makes it sound like the issue is on Samsung's side, so you won't sit there and gripe at them. Meanwhile, in 3-6 months they will quietly release a firmware update for your head unit that will be compatible with 4.1.

That's how it has rolled out with other car manufacturers and previous versions of BT, I am pretty confident that's how it will continue.

dh321

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
All,

I'm very happy to report with the Sprint Update that rolled out yesterday, all of my data transfer with bluetooth issues are gone. When the song and title change, whether you're using a streaming app or play all works fine now and the screen updates after each song changes.

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
All,
I'm very happy to report with the Sprint Update that rolled out yesterday, all of my data transfer with bluetooth issues are gone. When the song and title change, whether you're using a streaming app or play all works fine now and the screen updates after each song changes.
Glad it is working for you. Good for Sprint for getting this one right as well.
Ron

BizzyB

May 22, 2010
Visit site
After the latest 4.4.4 update on my Note 3, I'm having many issues updating the track info over BT to my UConnect 8.4A with latest firmware (I updated it myself) on a brand new 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. It doesn't want to work consistently, in several apps. The only one that seems to want to work all the time is Samsung's built-in music player, which I never use.

What's odd is if I make a mixed playlist in Google Play Music, it [mostly] updates the track info fine. If I use the same artist and same album, my UConnect display never updates when changing tracks either automatically or manually via steering wheel buttons or touchscreen. If you go to a previous track, the display updates. Sometimes if I got to a different audio source, then back, it updates the track info.

All and all it's extremely annoying with my brand new vehicle. I have full control of the music and audio plays fine, but track info doesn't update on the display consistently.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
All,

That is great. Keeping my fingers crossed that the VZW update fixed this also!

alorlando

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I had a Samsung Galaxy S III and never had a problem. I got the Note 4 and my bluetooth would switch to the phone sound intermittently. The Bluetooth would then show bluetooth setup and phone. I could not click on phone, but I could click on bluetooth setup. I would touch the bluetooth setup and it would go to the next screen. The only option visible was bluetooth off. Nothing would happen if I touched it. Everything else is grayed out. This was an intermittent problem. Sometimes it would work fine, others not at all.

I brought the car in to Toyota and they took a look at the bluetooth and we were unable to get the bluetooth to come on. They said they reset the computer and the bluetooth was working. Again, it was working intermittently. Sometimes it works after shutting the car off and on. However, it shortly reverts back to the phone audio.

I brought the car back to Toyota and they replaced the radio and a bluetooth part. The bluetooth worked fine for 3 days. I got into the car and the bluetooth would not come on. I got to where I was going and when I started the car again, the bluetooth was working, but quickly cut back to the phone audio. I got to where I was going and when I restarted the car the bluetooth was working.

There is definitely something wrong with the car bluetooth and not my phone. The reason I believe this is due to if my phone did not work with the bluetooth, I should still be able to search for other bluetooth devices. The bluetooth in the car is off and does not allow me to add devices. So, even if I had another phone to connect, it would not find it. It is almost like I am in driving mode (even when parked) where I cannot do anything with the phone or bluetooth. The switching on its own to the phone has me completely baffled. Any advice would be helpful!

Al

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: car Bluetooth issues?

My Note 4 plays great but I get no album / song info on my car stereo, same goes for my wife's SUV. Worked great with my Note 3 on both vehicles. 2014 Durango ,2012 Mazdaspeed3. :confused: :-\

I've noticed if I use the Samsung music app via Bluetooth the song and artist info show up on my car screen. But if I use the Google music app to play music via Bluetooth it won't work. Maybe worth a try on your end. I have a 2013 Honda Civic.

Posted via the Android Central App

cvaria

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
The problem is not with your phone, it is with the firmware on your Outback's system. The iPhone uses an older BT codec that is compatible with the system. Your Note 4 does not. Contact your dealer and see if they have a firmware update available for the sound system. You may even need to research this on your own on a Subaru owner's forum, as the dealerships aren't always great about researching small details like that.

I haven't worked my way through here but this was a bad answer. Blaming the car/stereo is bad. And this issue is, in fact, the note 4/edge... it's a known issue. Judging by the age of the original post, thd op knows this by now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay