Samsung Galaxy Note 4 car Bluetooth issues?

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, on the Lollipop changelog, there are something like 347 references to Bluetooth so I hope there are some much needed updates therein...

jar336

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I have a toyota as well and only music downloaded to the phone appears, pandora and spotify only plays the music but no album info.

Greg P1

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Solved my problem by getting my iPad to "forget device" for the Bluetooth connection to the car. Now my phone connects every time.

marie feliu

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I just change my note 3 for a note 4, note 3 was connecting perfectly on my countryman 2012 mini. yesterday i connect the note 4 BT all fine, for some reason the phone lost BT connection, car start searching and I have to look again on my cars BT library and pair.
No issues with my Note 3, it was connecting automatically without no issues. note 4 BT get lost. does any one have something like this?

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Well I finally got the bluetooth working on my 2011 Toyota Sienna after having a great bluetooth experience with the iPhone 6 and previous note 3. I had to unpair the previous iPhone as it was causing errors with pairing my Note 4. So having another phone keep the note from access the bluetooth system on my stereo (I have the ability to have 4 phones). It either gave me phone access or media access but not both. It was weird bit once I booted the iPhone from the system, all was well and got both phone and music streaming via bluetooth.

emerrow

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a bluetooth issue too. My phone connects just fine, I can make calls via my car's (2013 toyota prius) screen/system and I can see all the music I have on my phone, but I cannot select/start any music over bluetooth. I can pause, resume, and skip tracks with my car's system/steering wheel but I have to choose different artists/albums/songs with my phone.

I'd love to find a fix for this problem.

Greg P1

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
This might be a "car" issue and not a "phone" issue, but as soon as I connect my phone for music on Bluetooth, it starts playing two songs at once, off my phone. I have to go to the music player app, stop the song, start it again, then it's fine, except that it seems to be fast-forwarding by itself. It takes a few touches on the skip-backward button to get it to straighten out. Car: 2012 Prius Plug-in base model.

allanos17

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I had this same issue on my Pioneer head unit (AVH 2400BT), audio would stream but no controls or metadata.

A firmware upgrade is all that will fix this issue on the head unit as I suspect it is due to the new Bluetooth version used. If you have an older head unit you could be out of luck.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, after some testing, I have no idea what's going on, but no MP3 player works *perfectly*. I was using doubleTwist - I get no metadata at all, just 'streaming audio'. I used Google Play Music.. The first track that plays shows the track name and such, but then it never changes (car controls work fine, though).

However, Pandora works like it should. It just seems to be the MP3 players that have issues.

marie feliu

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Might be a combination with the new kitkat 4.4 and the bt.
I come from note 3 all was working fine until i change to note 4 and bt pair with the car but later stop. So samsung have no clue, bmw is waiting for a new compatible software and samsung told me to return the phone. I can't pair none of my bt equipment at home, either my headphones. Something is wrong here.

jar336

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I am currently having the same issue with pandora and spotify. Try starting google play app then exit out start up pandora or whichever music player you like, all album info should be loaded. I tried it this morning and has been working fine since.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I am currently having the same issue with pandora and spotify. Try starting google play app then exit out start up pandora or whichever music player you like, all album info should be loaded. I tried it this morning and has been working fine since.

Are u referring to the Google Play Music app?

kgeier82

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
My Note 4 plays great but I get no album / song info on my car stereo, same goes for my wife's SUV. Worked great with my Note 3 on both vehicles. 2014 Durango ,2012 Mazdaspeed3. :confused: :-\

Same issue, 2011 Mazdaspeed with BOSE.

Pairs fine, songs play fine using google play music app (with occasional flicker), but no song data on display. LG G2 with any firmware worked prior to connecting the Note4. Tried deleting all devices, repairing note 4 with car restarted, etc. Nothing doing. My note is acting like an iphone lol.

:mad:

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I have an aftermarket pioneer deh-x6500bt and I get all the info on there and can control my phone from it via bluetooth.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I've found that music streaming apps will show correct data on first song but no song updates afterwards, but the song length timer works on all songs with Google Play Music.

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I had this same issue on my Pioneer head unit (AVH 2400BT), audio would stream but no controls or metadata.

A firmware upgrade is all that will fix this issue on the head unit as I suspect it is due to the new Bluetooth version used. If you have an older head unit you could be out of luck.

Nice, I have the exact same headunit. Worked like a beauty with the note 3, metadata, track controls, play/pause. Now at best I just stream music from the phone. No controls (play/pause only stops sound from coming out of speakers, but the music continues to play in silence), etc etc. I do hope a firmware update will come out soon for either the phone or the headunit.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth 4.1 is supposed to be 100% backward compatible though so no update should be needed. It is the ROM that is bad and needs updating. Lollipop has hundreds of Bluetooth related fixes, so I think that is our only hope...

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Bluetooth 4.1 is supposed to be 100% backward compatible though so no update should be needed. It is the ROM that is bad and needs updating. Lollipop has hundreds of Bluetooth related fixes, so I think that is our only hope...
It is backwards compatible. But that doesn't mean it will work with an older head unit.

I had similar issues with my S2 when I first got it, pairing to a 2011 Jeep. It took Chrysler releasing a firmware update before it would finally work properly. When I upgraded to the S4, it worked just fine day 1.

Now I'm back to having similar problems with the Note 4. I don't blame the phone's ROM, it is the firmware on the head unit.

W U N F

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
i have a 2011 kia soul and my wife has a 2013 passat and we both were have some bluetooh issue. sometime when i call ehr she cant hear me and i cant hear her. also i had no problems with google now with my note 3 when connected to bluetooth but now with the note 4 google now will not recognize any speech when connected bluetooh in my car.

i am bringing it by the dealership saturday to see if the car needs to be updated or something. annoying

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane