Hi, all. I just upgraded from an S3 to the Note 4 and my big disappointment is that I am no longer able to choose 4 apps to have as a quick access shortcut on the lockscreen. I am really annoyed by this. The little that I found is that it is no longer possible. If anyone knows differently or if you know of an app that will give you this option (no rooting) please let me know. Why would they remove a feature is beyond me.
    10-20-2014 02:47 PM
    I have been wondering the same thing. I can't think of a single reason they would get rid of shortcuts on the lockscreen. That is the single option I'm missing on this killer phone. I know you said no root but even that isn't helping me. I tried the module on Xposed that fixed the shortcuts on the S5 but it didn't work.

Posted via the Android Central App
    The1Metallian likes this.
    10-21-2014 04:37 PM
    I don't have mine yet, but try this. 🎯
    Settings/Personalisation/Accessibility/Dexterity and interaction/Assistant menu(on)

Posted via Android Central App
    The1Metallian likes this.
    10-21-2014 04:42 PM
    Thanks, I tried but no - that gives you a floating square with Recent, Home, Back, Notification Panel, Cursor, Volume, and more. I used to have a direct access Phone, Kik, Textra...I used to touch the phone once to light up the screen and then swipe up to the app that I wanted. Now I have to touch once to light up, another one to unlock (and if I have set up a password even worse), press the home button if I left the phone with some app open, start swiping through screens until I find the app that I want and then finally!!! open the app. It is so stupid...the closest option is to not setup a passcode, just swipe to unlock and to put in the bottom bar the apps that you used to have in the lockscreen, that way it is - one touch to light up the screen, one to unlock and there at the bottom you'll have your icons. But still sucks because I used to have one set of icons in the lock screen and a different one at the bottom bar after unlocking the phone. Unbelievable.
    10-21-2014 04:55 PM
    10-21-2014 05:08 PM
    Awesome! This is what I was looking for. I searched the Play Store and the Internet and didn't find any of these. I think my search string was "add shortcuts lock screen" or similar. Thanks! I have a few to try out now.
    10-21-2014 06:56 PM