Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - Which keyboard do you prefer?

Tanooki2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Which keyboard do you prefer?

This is a dumb question, but is the Swype keyboard the only one that lets you swype? That is my preferred way to type now and I find myself trying to do it on non-swype keyboards because it's so much faster. :confused:

ohbreeeezy

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

This is a dumb question, but is the Swype keyboard the only one that lets you swype? That is my preferred way to type now and I find myself trying to do it on non-swype keyboards because it's so much faster. :confused:

SwiftKey can do that too

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

As I use the pen a lot -> Stock keyboard.

But I like SwiftKey and if they had the pen support would definately use it 100%

MrDioji

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I use TouchPal on my s3 and will probably use it on the Note. Once I got used to swiping up/down for numbers/characters, I can't go back to holding the key or pressing a symbol key.

Posted via the Android Central App

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

google keyboard, liked swift key, loved swype, but google stole my heart, it's good, but basic enough to just work well.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site

I like the stock I use to lave swiftkey back in the day but don't like the idea anymore of giving it access to everything

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site

Swiftkey primarily, but just installed the Google Lollipop keyboard that was pulled from the latest Dev preview of Lollipop. Also just installed Stylus Beta to try out

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Back to stock. I tried Swift key and found it to be even less accurate for me. I did like the customisation,however.

SBarksKY

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

Help the ignorant, please. Do these keyboards automatically come up when you tap "reply" or some other command to type? My first smartphone was an iPhone, and I've had three since then. My Note arrives tomorrow (yeah, Verizon) and I'm finding that there are lots of things that I don't know...

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Help the ignorant, please. Do these keyboards automatically come up when you tap "reply" or some other command to type? My first smartphone was an iPhone, and I've had three since then. My Note arrives tomorrow (yeah, Verizon) and I'm finding that there are lots of things that I don't know...

Yes the keyboard comes up when you hit a "reply" field. Congrats on the new phone coming your way!

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Which keyboard do you prefer?

Stock..but they need an update that let's you use emojis during social networks

I can pull emoji up on the stock keyboard. Long-press the mic button, if you haven't noticed it by now.

I've always been partial to Swiftkey, but the predictions on the stock keyboard are very accurate, so I haven't seen the need to change yet. Anybody know what it's based on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy