Ron Amadeo at Ars Technica - not too thrilled with the Note 4.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: small tweaks to a big device | Ars Technica

David Pierce over at The Verge liked it enough to give it a 8.6 which IMO is a 9.0 or higher by anybody who is not a pseudo Fruit Stand employee.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review | The Verge

So what gives? Personally I am just too disappointed with all the Android offerings this year...
    10-20-2014 06:45 PM
    I think you kind of answered your own question with the "pseudo Fruit Stand employee." These creatures are running rampant in the media and the web and so we get very biased opinions.

Best IMO is go off standardized reviews/tech sheets for important things (battery life, display, dimensions, specs, etc.) not just iOpinions or the #letsbashsamsungbandwagon, then go to the store and try out the phones yourself. That's what ultimately convinced me; everything else seemed to pale in comparison.
    10-20-2014 07:03 PM
    Theirs not much about this phone that's not likable...and this is coming from an previous Apple guy. I watch review videos all day...9/10 love this phone

Posted via the Android Central App
    lazerproof likes this.
    10-20-2014 08:00 PM
    Theirs not much about this phone that's not likable...and this is coming from an previous Apple guy. I watch review videos all day...9/10 love this phone

Agreed. I am also a x apple enthusiast. I would never trust 1 source of information.

10-20-2014 08:07 PM
    Also coming from iPhone.

I thought the ARS Technica "review" was one of the most subjective piles of trash I have read in a long time. When the "Ugly" of the Good, Bad and Ugly is that the N4 is simply not that much of an advance over the N3, you know the reviewer is straining to be critical. Whether it does or does not represent an advance over an N3 is a matter of opinion. That something so irrelevant as that rates an "Ugly" should lose the guy his press credentials. Do not pass go....go directly to lost credibility jail.
    ctk4949 likes this.
    10-20-2014 08:17 PM
    Got to say the Arse review seems to have come from someone's arse. Subjective stank.
    10-20-2014 08:46 PM
    Apple has been spoon feeding "incremental" upgrades for 3yrs and playing catchup. It's never stopped them from categorizing iPhone as one of the best smartphones on the market. To be fair, David Pierce ripped Apple for the 6+ and how they could have done much more with the phone. My guess is he's not a big phone kind of guy.
    10-20-2014 08:57 PM