Samsung Galaxy Note 4 HELP! USB/SD Card Issues

BigCrimsonTX

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Everytime I try and access my SD card when I plug my Note 4 into my computer via the USB cable it disconnects. I'm trying to add music and work with the pics I have on the sd card.

This is extremely frustrating to me.

Thanks in advance.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: HELP! USB/SD Card Issues

I am having a similar problem with a Sandisk ultra 64 gig. My card does that after I have about 40 gig of stuff on it.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Try format it in exfat or put the sd card in a camera and format it. I had the same issue. put it in my nikon and formatted, worked like a champ ever since. Good luck.

vitoa

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

I would try installing the SD card in an adapter and plugging it directly into a computer. First, back it up in a folder on your computer.
When you reformat it, you will loose everything that is on it.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site

So I formatted the card in exfat long format. It worked fine until loaded it up with 40 gig of music, videos and books. Now it constantly mounts and un-mounts. Back to sandisk it goes.

BigCrimsonTX

May 15, 2014
Visit site

So I formatted the card in exfat long format. It worked fine until loaded it up with 40 gig of music, videos and books. Now it constantly mounts and un-mounts. Back to sandisk it goes.

So is that the only fix? I want to be able to use all 65 GB of the card.

King Narkysos

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
This is a known issue especially with sandisk. The connect points in the note 4 are different than previous versions and the card doesn't make good contact. Causing read and random unmount issues. Contact sandisk, since they are warrantied for life and they will ask some basic information and replace your current card with an updated one.

Last edited: