Note 4 Is there a 1080p and 1440p play option on youtube?

Bowhunter

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: 1080p and 1440p play option on youtube

I am using nova launcher. ...dont know if that makes a difference. ...i also dont have yhe tack on my action memo like everybody else

ZeusAMK

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is there a 1080p and 1440p play option on youtube?

I also have the same situation. It won't let me go above 720p while my LG G3 will at least let me go up to 1080p. I even tried the old YouTube 5.9.0.10apk that use to allow my G3 to view videos up to 1440p but that no longer works on either G3 or Note 4 :( Very disappointing and just got my Note 4 yesterday with no footage to test for a screen comparison... At least the G3 came with stock QHD footage, my Note did not :(

mfamos1

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site

I have the 5.10.3.5, note 4, no higher than 720p

Sent from my awesome Note 4 via Tapatalk

Bimmerz

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

If you ARE rooted, you can remove/uninstall YouTube, and install the APK file forund here:

youtube-5.10.1.5

If you are NOT rooted, you can view YouTube from the Chrome browser, set it to desktop view, then open YouTube from your Chrome browser, and you should be able to view both 1080p, 1440p and 4K (for vids recorded in that mode).

For more info, and where I obtained the info (from XDA), you can view the thread here...

Youtube 2K? | Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

Hope this helps/works for you. =)

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

If you ARE rooted, you can remove/uninstall YouTube, and install the APK file forund here:

youtube-5.10.1.5

If you are NOT rooted, you can view YouTube from the Chrome browser, set it to desktop view, then open YouTube from your Chrome browser, and you should be able to view both 1080p, 1440p and 4K (for vids recorded in that mode).

For more info, and where I obtained the info (from XDA), you can view the thread here...

Youtube 2K? | Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

Hope this helps/works for you. =)
I just tried this and it didn't work well. I was able to choose 1440p but the video playback was not smooth. Video and audio was out of sync. And video quality didn't look any different.

Written by the mighty S-pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

People, the instructions on the link posted above are the exact steps I posted earlier in the link that gets to the same topic over the Galaxy Tab S forum. The only difference is that this new link takes you to download another apk (already outdated) instead of the one on the Play Store.

I don't have a Note 4 so I'm just entering here once a day, so I didn't see until now that some have tried what I suggested and didn't work. Let me tell you, the first couple of times I tried this with the Galaxy Tab S (same resolution options as the Note 4, up to 1440p) it worked like a charm, last time I tried, last month after an update it didn't work at first. I just kept trying and it finally work and it's still working as up today.

I remember that what I did was that after Clearing Cache and data and disable the App I force Stopped it and be sured that it wasn't on the running apps list, I didn't re-enabled again from the App itself and just went directly to Play Store and looked for Youtube, in there you will see the Update and Enable I think I just hit update and it updated and re-enabled it, if is not like that, just enable it there and hit update.

After that I had my 1440p option again, only annoying thing is that everytime you start Youtube, the first video you must go and select the 1440p option and in order to apply it you must restart the video from the same screen,

I must tell you that my brand new Xperia Z3 also had the issue when I got it last week, highest resolution available was 720p, I followed this steps on it, and it also fixed it, only difference is that just after I fixed it there was a new update last week, and for my surprise even after the update it was still showing the 1080p, where my Galaxy Tab S, every time there is an update I need to do this steps again.

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

Because 720p looks "bad" [language] compared 1440p. With your logic don't use 4g lte and use 2g internet. 2k videos look amazing on the note 4 and i wouldnt want to go back in time.

Last edited by a moderator:

canonuevo

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

First time android user and it sucks I have to apply a fix myself that I don't even know how to do to make some that should be already working work.. Hopefully they come up with a permanent fix without having to all these extra steps.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

First time android user and it sucks I have to apply a fix myself that I don't even know how to do to make some that should be already working work.. Hopefully they come up with a permanent fix without having to all these extra steps.

Well technically Google removed it (who know why) so it isn't really a bug or anything. They allowed 1080P before but recently removed it.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

I think google does this on purpose to save their bandwidth for people on mobile devices. Too many people on the planet using it at certain times no matter what you're local connection is gets bogged down. They need more servers and open the throttle. Just my 2 1/2 cents.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
For me, all content looks grainy from chrome. Videos from YouTube or ESPN are not clear. YouTube app is good, but only getting 720p.

Posted via the Android Central App

jokesonme

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
This totally worked for me!!!

"1. uninstall the update of the YouTube
2. disable the YT app from the APPS screen
3. close all the APPS including YT or GooglePlay
4. install again YT from GooglePlay Market by clicking ENABLE then UPDATE"

Then I just turned off auto update :)

g8orballboy

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
This totally worked for me!!!

"1. uninstall the update of the YouTube
2. disable the YT app from the APPS screen
3. close all the APPS including YT or GooglePlay
4. install again YT from GooglePlay Market by clicking ENABLE then UPDATE"

Then I just turned off auto update :)

I've tried this, i've tried all the techniques in the xda forum link provided earlier (applied both APK files 19 times in 19 different ways) and no matter what I do, i'm capped at 720p. Sucks that I just had my network upgraded and i'm getting 50mbits/s and have this beautiful 1440p screen and yet i'm stuck looking at 720p content. Its a bunch of bull

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I just bypass the youtube app, put chrome in desktop mode and then go to youtube that way to see the videos in either 2K or 4K. Those videos look out of this world on a 2K AMOLED screen....wow....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34