I can only set a password on my new Galaxy Note 4. On my iPhone 6, I set a longer password and then still my fingerprint to unlock. Can I not do this on the Note 4?

It's a bit tedious typing in a long password every single time especially as I'm required to mix letters and numbers. I signed into my Google account and it migrated my data from my HTC One (M8), but I'm wondering if that's the reason I have to use a password? I thought with the fingerprint reader it would be easy to have security and convenience, but it turns out this is not the case. On my HTC One, I was able to have encryption on and only use a PIN.
    10-20-2014 11:17 PM
    Go to settings and go to the finger scanner option

Posted via My Note 4
    10-20-2014 11:27 PM
    Settings, Finger Scanner, register your fingerprint, then set it as Screen Lock

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-20-2014 11:33 PM
    Anyone use Exchange with policies with the Note 4?

With SGS5 if you use Exchange account which has a password requirement to unlock the phone you had to use the password and couldn't use fingerprint scanner, is it the same with the Note4?

Not that I would use the fingerprint scanner as it so much worse than the one on the iPhones, but just nice to know.
    10-20-2014 11:37 PM
    My fingerprints are already registered. I can use the scanner for other apps like PayPal (which is useless by the way since it doesn't support 2-factor) or LastPass. In the Screen Lock options I can only choose to use a password. All the other options are grayed out.

I have a hotmail account (but I think it's set up on the phone automatically as an Exchange account). I do use a Google hostd account for my business and have password requirements. I can drop said requirements from the console, can I avoid that?
    10-21-2014 12:03 AM
    Anyone use Exchange with policies with the Note 4?

With SGS5 if you use Exchange account which has a password requirement to unlock the phone you had to use the password and couldn't use fingerprint scanner, is it the same with the Note4?

Not that I would use the fingerprint scanner as it so much worse than the one on the iPhones, but just nice to know.
    What?

Note 4's finger scanner is top notch. No matter how I swipe my thumb, it instantly unlocks my phone on the first swipe.

On top of that, I am using my thumb print for the Private Mode, as well as websites, Paypal, and more.

It is the best fingerprint I have ever used on a phone.

10-21-2014 01:19 AM
    What?

Note 4's finger scanner is top notch. No matter how I swipe my thumb, it instantly unlocks my phone on the first swipe.

On top of that, I am using my thumb print for the Private Mode, as well as websites, Paypal, and more.

It is the best fingerprint I have ever used on a phone.

Well maybe IT is better than on the Galaxy s5 then as it used to useless at least on unlocking the device.

But I still think that if u use exchange with was policies it won't allow the user to use the fingerprint scanner to unlock the screen
    10-21-2014 01:22 AM