Hi folks,

Just realized Android "L" Lolipop revolution in design that could pose problem with all Samsung Galaxy lines.
    Look at the "fixed" recent and back capacitive buttons on the latest Note 4, it's NOT Lolipop Material at all..
    Design Issue to all Samsung Galaxy series updating to Android "L"-samsung.jpg

It is not changeable to my knowledge, and outdated at launch.. what a shame!!!

I got note 4 pre-ordered, and not happy with this!
    10-21-2014 11:23 AM
    Hi folks,

Just realized Android "L" Lolipop revolution in design that could pose problem with all Samsung Galaxy lines.
    Look at the "fixed" recent and back capacitive buttons on the latest Note 4, it's NOT Lolipop Material at all..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	samsung.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	142406

It is not changeable to my knowledge, and outdated at launch.. what a shame!!!

I got note 4 pre-ordered, and not happy with this!
    There are a lot of phones running the same version of Android as the Note 4 right now ... but we don't see this issue. The reason for this is because Samsung removes that part from Android since they have physical buttons for it.

I wouldn't worry about it.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-21-2014 11:25 AM
    If Samsung added it then many people would complain about it too. And really it is redundant
    10-21-2014 11:27 AM
    Manufacturers have had these button mixed and re-mixed for ages and it's never been an issue and it will not be an issue. You can rest assured your coming Note 4 will not be outdated at launch.

Yes, it'll take some coding, but nothing out of the ordinary. It's not like Lollipop will have the on-screen buttons there all the time. They can be coded for hardware buttons like the Samsung ones, and the manufacturer can just change the code each button sends. Easy as re-numbering seats at a table: You just change the number card.
    10-21-2014 11:28 AM
    Manufacturers have had these button mixed and re-mixed for ages and it's never been an issue and it will not be an issue. You can rest assured your coming Note 4 will not be outdated at launch.

Yes, it'll take some coding, but nothing out of the ordinary. It's not like Lollipop will have the on-screen buttons there all the time. They can be coded for hardware buttons like the Samsung ones, and the manufacturer can just change the code each button sends. Easy as re-numbering seats at a table: You just change the number card.
    Exactly. Take the LG G2, for example. On that phone you can reconfigure the bottom buttons to several different options. Plus you can add different buttons like notification tray pull down and quick memo. Lollipop on Samsung simply won't have the onscreen buttons, same as all other Android OS iterations on Sammy devices.
    10-21-2014 11:32 AM
    The soft key removal and configuring the ROM for the capacitive keys is part of the reason why Samsung updates take a while to roll out to the respective devices.
    10-21-2014 11:41 AM
    It's not about changing the functionality of recent / back buttons.. but how to change the icons.. the recent/back button on the Lolipop is so good and streamlined with the overhauled design, but Samsung decided stick with back button and recent button that are not changeable in term of the icon...
    10-21-2014 01:14 PM
    Ooooh, you mean the icons!!! Yeah, manufacturers also tinker with that. The Home button/icon has been different in other phones before. Plus, I pretty much prefer the current icons, even if it's not "Material" design.

And I do prefer hardware buttons over on-screen ones.
    10-21-2014 01:23 PM
    It's not about changing the functionality of recent / back buttons.. but how to change the icons.. the recent/back button on the Lolipop is so good and streamlined with the overhauled design, but Samsung decided stick with back button and recent button that are not changeable in term of the icon...
    Yep. Samsung likes their buttons and I don't see them going away from it. I personally don't mind that much .. As long as it works .
    10-21-2014 01:41 PM
    Yep. Samsung likes their buttons and I don't see them going away from it. I personally don't mind that much .. As long as it works .
    Honestly I like them too.
    10-21-2014 01:48 PM