Runtime mode switch?

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried to change the runtime yet from Dalvik to ART?

I've done so, and haven't really paid much attention to notice any substantial differences, but one thing that I have noticed is that anytime I power off the device or reset it (since I've switched mine to ART) the phone reloads all apps, EVERY time, and it is quite annoying... if this continues then we definitely need a patch to correct that.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Some have changed on the forums but I am not going to mess with. I don't really see any advantage to changing it.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
That's not good. The thing to do then might be to wait for Lollipop, since that will be the default, with Dalvik as the option.

Posted via Android Central App

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I tried it and it is slow. Everything seems to works just fine, just not as fast as i hope for. Maybe not till L. I switched back to dalvik.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I tried it and it is slow. Everything seems to works just fine, just not as fast as i hope for. Maybe not till L. I switched back to dalvik.

ART for anything 4.4.x was/is beta. Until it's actually released with Lollipop, it's considered beta and might not work as intended on some hardware and with some software.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney