Anyone using the Zagg HDX on their Note 4?

klove4

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Does the S-pen leave divot or indentations in the screen protector? Any feedback appreciated.

Chris

Posted via the Android Central App
I am using one at the moment, and I love it. I have yet to notice divots or indentations from the S-pen. I do not use the S-pen much though.

anon(5503495)

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I used the s pen the same day as I got this installed. I shouldn't have. Now I have indentations next day still. Maybe after it dries out will it clear.

Posted via Android Central App

Cward1138

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
That's what I was I afraid of.... Guess I will have to go with the tempered glass protector. . I had a seidio on my Note 2 that worked great.... But now I like the UAG case. If the glass protector goes too near the edge it can interfere with the case.... Plus I don't want the halo affect either. Back to the research.

anon(5503495)

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
That's what I was I afraid of.... Guess I will have to go with the tempered glass protector. . I had a seidio on my Note 2 that worked great.... But now I like the UAG case. If the glass protector goes too near the edge it can interfere with the case.... Plus I don't want the halo affect either. Back to the research.

Zagg said glass is coming out soon. I'll switch to that

Posted via Android Central App

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Spigen has there Clear protectors that have been cut to fit any cases. I had mine preordered, they come with 3, but then I got an email saying they have revised the design. Like the new design, fits great and it's as close to glass without being glass. None of that orange peel that Zagg has. I stopped using their stuff after the Galaxy S2 days.

Cward1138

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but does the Spigen protector show divots and indentations from S-pen use? Zagg glass is out at best buy but I've read like the previous poster that it halos like all the others on the market. . Are there any integrated cases like the seidio ovex that has a glass screen and is dust proof (they only have one out for the note 3? I was hoping the Zagg HDX would resist indents and divots from the s-pen....

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
any divots/indents on Zagg HDX fade over time - mine disappeared within days on my S4 from keys in my pocket, and they were quite significant. I had planned on going to the store and have them reinstall a new one for me, but when I finally had free time to do so, the divots were gone. I'm planning on getting the HDX specifically because of this good experience with it, they're great.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but does the Spigen protector show divots and indentations from S-pen use? Zagg glass is out at best buy but I've read like the previous poster that it halos like all the others on the market. . Are there any integrated cases like the seidio ovex that has a glass screen and is dust proof (they only have one out for the note 3? I was hoping the Zagg HDX would resist indents and divots from the s-pen....

No, it has a hard scale of 3H.

Spigen Galaxy Note 4 Screen Protector Crystal | Spigen

Again, it's not like the Zagg crap.

Ab Bent

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
How does the screen protector fit on the screen? does it have a halo effect due to the phones curve? I am debating between he Zagg HDX and the Crystal Spigen, someone please help me because I need make a decision asap!!!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Because Gorilla Glass 3 scratches without much effort. Every test done shows how strong it is against items most of us wouldn't leave in our pockets. Its that blasted pocket sand that scratches the display and there is nothing we can do about it.

With that said, I'd go without a screen protector on the Note 4 only because of all the issues with the 2D display. On a flat display, such as my S5, I'll use Zagg Glass any day!

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Derrick Chandler

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the Zagg HDX on my Note Edge. I too had stopped using Zagg years ago so I was very resistant to try it, but my options for the Note EDGE were limited.

What led me to try Zagg Invisible shield HDX:
1) I didn't have to install it myself
2) their HDX line of screen protectors is one of only two companies (non-tempered glass) for my phone that actually advertise actual "Break Protection" rather than just scratch protection.

My experience with Zagg HDX screen protector after 7 weeks:
1) Zagg HDX actually has a dry application, so they do not use a liquid install anymore so it has better clarity.
2) Their HDX product does not have any "Orange Peel" effect or discoloration. I can't speak for any of their other version but HDX is 100% smooth if installed properly.
3) It feels as close to glass as possible. I had my screen side by side my sons tempered glass protector and their really isn't a noticeable difference to nth finger touch and if I didn't know the HDX screen protector was there I honestly would not notice that it wasn't glass.
4) S-Pen - I use my S-Pen very day. I am a large former football player and not very gentle and my HDX protector has "0" noticeable indentations.
5) Compared to the last Zagg I had and actually retuned after days of usage back on my Note 2 this is a completely different and greatly improved product. I think the Zagg product that I tried on my Note 2 was an HD Invisible Shield and it left indentation from the pen after even the first usage. It was also sticky so I didn't like the feel.

Overview - I would recommend trying the "HDX". Its a screen protector and anything other than glass is going to eventually have some issue but as for a glass protector you can't beat this one. Just be sure they are installing an HDX version.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I understand...not trying to convert you. I guess if it happens to me then the $10 a month warranty will finally serve a purpose...

I had Gorilla Glass on my Galaxy S3 and it scratched to pieces after my wife dropped it between the seats of our car on a road trip. Gorilla Glass is RESISTANT to scratches, not scratch-proof. That's why I use a protector.

thetonyclifton

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I had a zagg, the fit was great right to the screen edge for me and given the material it stuck well but there are trade offs. It is more rubbery than most screen protectors (nothing like the older zaggs but noticeable), orange peel is much reduced but it is not super clear like others, it takes marks from the s-pen...a lot which is stupid in my view for a Note screen protector.

I switched to a spigen which came in a 3 pack and it brilliant not edge to edge but not noticeable like the glass protectors are, no regrets.

Zagg wasn't great for me considering the size of the tradeoffs.

furfmonkey

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the Zagg HDX on my Note Edge. I too had stopped using Zagg years ago so I was very resistant to try it, but my options for the Note EDGE were limited.

What led me to try Zagg Invisible shield HDX:
1) I didn't have to install it myself
2) their HDX line of screen protectors is one of only two companies (non-tempered glass) for my phone that actually advertise actual "Break Protection" rather than just scratch protection.

My experience with Zagg HDX screen protector after 7 weeks:
1) Zagg HDX actually has a dry application, so they do not use a liquid install anymore so it has better clarity.
2) Their HDX product does not have any "Orange Peel" effect or discoloration. I can't speak for any of their other version but HDX is 100% smooth if installed properly.
3) It feels as close to glass as possible. I had my screen side by side my sons tempered glass protector and their really isn't a noticeable difference to nth finger touch and if I didn't know the HDX screen protector was there I honestly would not notice that it wasn't glass.
4) S-Pen - I use my S-Pen very day. I am a large former football player and not very gentle and my HDX protector has "0" noticeable indentations.
5) Compared to the last Zagg I had and actually retuned after days of usage back on my Note 2 this is a completely different and greatly improved product. I think the Zagg product that I tried on my Note 2 was an HD Invisible Shield and it left indentation from the pen after even the first usage. It was also sticky so I didn't like the feel.

Overview - I would recommend trying the "HDX". Its a screen protector and anything other than glass is going to eventually have some issue but as for a glass protector you can't beat this one. Just be sure they are installing an HDX version.

edit:i was mistaken its a dry application

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781