Does the S-pen leave divot or indentations in the screen protector? Any feedback appreciated.

Chris

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-21-2014 08:42 PM
    Does the S-pen leave divot or indentations in the screen protector? Any feedback appreciated.

Chris

I am using one at the moment, and I love it. I have yet to notice divots or indentations from the S-pen. I do not use the S-pen much though.
    10-21-2014 08:58 PM
    I used the s pen the same day as I got this installed. I shouldn't have. Now I have indentations next day still. Maybe after it dries out will it clear.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-21-2014 11:15 PM
    That's what I was I afraid of.... Guess I will have to go with the tempered glass protector. . I had a seidio on my Note 2 that worked great.... But now I like the UAG case. If the glass protector goes too near the edge it can interfere with the case.... Plus I don't want the halo affect either. Back to the research.

10-22-2014 12:17 AM
    That's what I was I afraid of.... Guess I will have to go with the tempered glass protector. . I had a seidio on my Note 2 that worked great.... But now I like the UAG case. If the glass protector goes too near the edge it can interfere with the case.... Plus I don't want the halo affect either. Back to the research.

Zagg said glass is coming out soon. I'll switch to that

Posted via Android Central App
    10-22-2014 02:29 PM
    I'm using the Zagg Invisible shield tempered glass and it has the halo effect just like all the rest.
    Droidprincess likes this.
    10-22-2014 03:33 PM
    Spigen has there Clear protectors that have been cut to fit any cases. I had mine preordered, they come with 3, but then I got an email saying they have revised the design. Like the new design, fits great and it's as close to glass without being glass. None of that orange peel that Zagg has. I stopped using their stuff after the Galaxy S2 days.
    10-22-2014 03:36 PM
    Yes, but does the Spigen protector show divots and indentations from S-pen use? Zagg glass is out at best buy but I've read like the previous poster that it halos like all the others on the market. . Are there any integrated cases like the seidio ovex that has a glass screen and is dust proof (they only have one out for the note 3? I was hoping the Zagg HDX would resist indents and divots from the s-pen....

10-22-2014 03:58 PM
    any divots/indents on Zagg HDX fade over time - mine disappeared within days on my S4 from keys in my pocket, and they were quite significant. I had planned on going to the store and have them reinstall a new one for me, but when I finally had free time to do so, the divots were gone. I'm planning on getting the HDX specifically because of this good experience with it, they're great.
    10-22-2014 04:05 PM
    Yes, but does the Spigen protector show divots and indentations from S-pen use? Zagg glass is out at best buy but I've read like the previous poster that it halos like all the others on the market. . Are there any integrated cases like the seidio ovex that has a glass screen and is dust proof (they only have one out for the note 3? I was hoping the Zagg HDX would resist indents and divots from the s-pen....

No, it has a hard scale of 3H.

Spigen Galaxy Note 4 Screen Protector Crystal | Spigen

Again, it's not like the Zagg crap.
    10-22-2014 04:25 PM
    What's the point of having Gorilla Glass if you don't use it?
    Why I don’t use screen protectors: An engineer’s perspective | Android and Me
    10-23-2014 09:10 AM
    Is the note 4 gorilla glass?
    10-23-2014 09:42 AM
    Is the note 4 gorilla glass?
    It says Gorilla Glass 3 in places I have looked...
    10-23-2014 10:25 AM
    How does the screen protector fit on the screen? does it have a halo effect due to the phones curve? I am debating between he Zagg HDX and the Crystal Spigen, someone please help me because I need make a decision asap!!!
    10-26-2014 03:38 AM
    Because Gorilla Glass 3 scratches without much effort. Every test done shows how strong it is against items most of us wouldn't leave in our pockets. Its that blasted pocket sand that scratches the display and there is nothing we can do about it.

With that said, I'd go without a screen protector on the Note 4 only because of all the issues with the 2D display. On a flat display, such as my S5, I'll use Zagg Glass any day!

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    10-26-2014 03:53 AM
    I have the Zagg HDX on my Note Edge. I too had stopped using Zagg years ago so I was very resistant to try it, but my options for the Note EDGE were limited.

What led me to try Zagg Invisible shield HDX:
    1) I didn't have to install it myself
    2) their HDX line of screen protectors is one of only two companies (non-tempered glass) for my phone that actually advertise actual "Break Protection" rather than just scratch protection.

My experience with Zagg HDX screen protector after 7 weeks:
    1) Zagg HDX actually has a dry application, so they do not use a liquid install anymore so it has better clarity.
    2) Their HDX product does not have any "Orange Peel" effect or discoloration. I can't speak for any of their other version but HDX is 100% smooth if installed properly.
    3) It feels as close to glass as possible. I had my screen side by side my sons tempered glass protector and their really isn't a noticeable difference to nth finger touch and if I didn't know the HDX screen protector was there I honestly would not notice that it wasn't glass.
    4) S-Pen - I use my S-Pen very day. I am a large former football player and not very gentle and my HDX protector has "0" noticeable indentations.
    5) Compared to the last Zagg I had and actually retuned after days of usage back on my Note 2 this is a completely different and greatly improved product. I think the Zagg product that I tried on my Note 2 was an HD Invisible Shield and it left indentation from the pen after even the first usage. It was also sticky so I didn't like the feel.

Overview - I would recommend trying the "HDX". Its a screen protector and anything other than glass is going to eventually have some issue but as for a glass protector you can't beat this one. Just be sure they are installing an HDX version.
    12-19-2014 01:58 PM
    I had Gorilla Glass on my Galaxy S3 and it scratched to pieces after my wife dropped it between the seats of our car on a road trip. Gorilla Glass is RESISTANT to scratches, not scratch-proof. That's why I use a protector.
    12-19-2014 04:56 PM
    I understand...not trying to convert you. I guess if it happens to me then the $10 a month warranty will finally serve a purpose...

I had Gorilla Glass on my Galaxy S3 and it scratched to pieces after my wife dropped it between the seats of our car on a road trip. Gorilla Glass is RESISTANT to scratches, not scratch-proof. That's why I use a protector.
    12-20-2014 11:25 AM
    I had a zagg, the fit was great right to the screen edge for me and given the material it stuck well but there are trade offs. It is more rubbery than most screen protectors (nothing like the older zaggs but noticeable), orange peel is much reduced but it is not super clear like others, it takes marks from the s-pen...a lot which is stupid in my view for a Note screen protector.

I switched to a spigen which came in a 3 pack and it brilliant not edge to edge but not noticeable like the glass protectors are, no regrets.

Zagg wasn't great for me considering the size of the tradeoffs.
    12-20-2014 02:53 PM
    I have the Zagg HDX on my Note Edge. I too had stopped using Zagg years ago so I was very resistant to try it, but my options for the Note EDGE were limited.

What led me to try Zagg Invisible shield HDX:
    1) I didn't have to install it myself
    2) their HDX line of screen protectors is one of only two companies (non-tempered glass) for my phone that actually advertise actual "Break Protection" rather than just scratch protection.

My experience with Zagg HDX screen protector after 7 weeks:
    1) Zagg HDX actually has a dry application, so they do not use a liquid install anymore so it has better clarity.
    2) Their HDX product does not have any "Orange Peel" effect or discoloration. I can't speak for any of their other version but HDX is 100% smooth if installed properly.
    3) It feels as close to glass as possible. I had my screen side by side my sons tempered glass protector and their really isn't a noticeable difference to nth finger touch and if I didn't know the HDX screen protector was there I honestly would not notice that it wasn't glass.
    4) S-Pen - I use my S-Pen very day. I am a large former football player and not very gentle and my HDX protector has "0" noticeable indentations.
    5) Compared to the last Zagg I had and actually retuned after days of usage back on my Note 2 this is a completely different and greatly improved product. I think the Zagg product that I tried on my Note 2 was an HD Invisible Shield and it left indentation from the pen after even the first usage. It was also sticky so I didn't like the feel.

Overview - I would recommend trying the "HDX". Its a screen protector and anything other than glass is going to eventually have some issue but as for a glass protector you can't beat this one. Just be sure they are installing an HDX version.
    edit:i was mistaken its a dry application
    12-20-2014 05:32 PM

Chris

I bought this screen protector with MUCH hesitation! I didn't think I would be happy with anything but a glass protector. With this HDX, it's like there's NOTHING on your screen!! BTW, I am a HEAVY SPEN user. As a matter of fact, I don't use anything but the spen! And my screen looks & feels like there's nothing on it! Clarity is great & I do not have any type of indentations on the screen. Looks like the day I took it out of the box! Honestly, it's hard to believe that this ISN'T a glass protector!

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!
    12-20-2014 05:55 PM
    I understand...not trying to convert you. I guess if it happens to me then the $10 a month warranty will finally serve a purpose...
    Yeah that's the other option for sure. I just hate the idea of having to send my device in and be without it for a few days, all while spending $240 (if I keep it for the full contract). I just usually pay about $20-45 for a few really good cases, $35 for a top of the line screen protector, and then leave it that way until I re-sell it. But the benefits of going caseless are certainly there. I just don't have the courage.
    12-22-2014 09:55 AM