Note 4 Private mode...

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Private mode...

Are you rooted? Or did you disable any system apps?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Yes and yes. The system apps I uninstalled/disabled weren't things that shouldve affected this though. I uninstalled the milk (music) app, and the Internet and touch wiz easy mode.

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I have used it since day one. I have photos, videos, an MP3 file, sound recordings, S Pen writings, screenshots and folders of these items all locked and hidden in Private mode.

Amazing, amazing feature. Does any other phone have such a feature? (3rd part apps dont count, they suck and many people lose valuable data because of them).

10/10 on this Samsung, especially since I use my fingerprint to unlock it. A feature like this alone should sell someone if they were considering the N4.

Posted via the Android Central App

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

Yes and yes. The system apps I uninstalled/disabled weren't things that shouldve affected this though. I uninstalled the milk (music) app, and the Internet and touch wiz easy mode.

If your Knox counter is tripped, private mode won't work anymore.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Nice! Thanks I will need to figure out more about this mode tomorrow. I have enabled it using finger print. But need more information about it.

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Ohhhh. Didn't know that. Thanks. Lol. 1 point for Sammy. There are hundreds of apps that did that anyway. Screw Sammy.

Be careful with those apps though. If you lose codes or uninstall while the files are hidden, usually all the files get deleted as well.

This Private Mode is built in, so not only can you not uninstall in, but you cant really lose any hidden data. And its also accessible via USB.

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
But you don't need to root, to use the private mode, do you?

No you do not. Its built in, ready for use as soon as you turn it on for the first time ever. All you have to do is set it's unlock method (fingerprint, pattern, etc).

On the contrary, it (now) seems that rooting will actually disable the Private mode. So dont root if you want to use this feature.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Be careful with those apps though. If you lose codes or uninstall while the files are hidden, usually all the files get deleted as well.

This Private Mode is built in, so not only can you not uninstall in, but you cant really lose any hidden data. And its also accessible via USB.

I have everything backed up on titanium back up. I'm good. Didn't uninstall anything that would mess up the system anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc