09-06-2015 11:52 AM
26 12
tools
    Has anyone tried private mode? When I try to turn mine on, it says failed.
    10-21-2014 10:05 PM
    That's one reason why I got this phone, but I'll not have a chance to try it. Till the 22nd, but if it doesn't work, that'll stink.
    10-21-2014 10:10 PM
    Are you rooted? Or did you disable any system apps?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    10-21-2014 10:21 PM
    Isn't the private mode when you are using a head set.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-21-2014 10:26 PM
    So where is this private mode?
    10-21-2014 10:30 PM
    Are you rooted? Or did you disable any system apps?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    Yes and yes. The system apps I uninstalled/disabled weren't things that shouldve affected this though. I uninstalled the milk (music) app, and the Internet and touch wiz easy mode.
    10-21-2014 10:32 PM
    I have used it since day one. I have photos, videos, an MP3 file, sound recordings, S Pen writings, screenshots and folders of these items all locked and hidden in Private mode.

Amazing, amazing feature. Does any other phone have such a feature? (3rd part apps dont count, they suck and many people lose valuable data because of them).

10/10 on this Samsung, especially since I use my fingerprint to unlock it. A feature like this alone should sell someone if they were considering the N4.

Posted via the Android Central App
    iOSConvert2k14 and Fluffyman like this.
    10-21-2014 10:35 PM
    So where is this private mode?
    Pull down your notification bar, and click on the All Shortcuts button to show all the buttons you can use.

Or go to settings, under Personalization (yellow icons).

swade8 likes this.
    10-21-2014 10:36 PM
    Yes and yes. The system apps I uninstalled/disabled weren't things that shouldve affected this though. I uninstalled the milk (music) app, and the Internet and touch wiz easy mode.
    If your Knox counter is tripped, private mode won't work anymore.
    10-21-2014 10:37 PM
    Does any other phone have such a feature?....
    The S5 has it.
    10-21-2014 10:38 PM
    The S5 has it.
    Well I meant from outside the Samsung Galaxy family lol

10-21-2014 10:45 PM
    Well I meant from outside the Samsung Galaxy family lol

Oh, I thought you were literally asking if any other phone had it.
    10-21-2014 10:47 PM
    Oh, I thought you were literally asking if any other phone had it.
    No problem, thanks though

10-21-2014 10:50 PM
    Nice! Thanks I will need to figure out more about this mode tomorrow. I have enabled it using finger print. But need more information about it.
    10-21-2014 10:52 PM
    Ohhhh. Didn't know that. Thanks. Lol. 1 point for Sammy. There are hundreds of apps that did that anyway. Screw Sammy.
    10-21-2014 10:57 PM
    Ohhhh. Didn't know that. Thanks. Lol. 1 point for Sammy. There are hundreds of apps that did that anyway. Screw Sammy.
    Be careful with those apps though. If you lose codes or uninstall while the files are hidden, usually all the files get deleted as well.

This Private Mode is built in, so not only can you not uninstall in, but you cant really lose any hidden data. And its also accessible via USB.

10-21-2014 11:02 PM
    Never mind, you already answered my question. Thanks
    10-21-2014 11:25 PM
    But you don't need to root, to use the private mode, do you?
    10-21-2014 11:31 PM
    But you don't need to root, to use the private mode, do you?
    No you do not. Its built in, ready for use as soon as you turn it on for the first time ever. All you have to do is set it's unlock method (fingerprint, pattern, etc).

On the contrary, it (now) seems that rooting will actually disable the Private mode. So dont root if you want to use this feature.

swade8 likes this.
    10-21-2014 11:35 PM
    Be careful with those apps though. If you lose codes or uninstall while the files are hidden, usually all the files get deleted as well.

This Private Mode is built in, so not only can you not uninstall in, but you cant really lose any hidden data. And its also accessible via USB.

I have everything backed up on titanium back up. I'm good. Didn't uninstall anything that would mess up the system anyway.
    10-22-2014 12:19 AM
    11-17-2014 11:00 PM
    Little tip I learned the hard way. If you make files on the sd private they are moved to internal private partition.. Be careful if you do a factory reset.. I lost a ton of pictures

03-31-2015 10:31 AM
    First off I must warn you about using PRIVATE mode.
    It is AWESOME when your phone works. What happens when your screen dies? What happens when your phone dies?
    I currently have a NOTE 4 that the screen has cracked on - it cracked in such a way the display does not display anything.
    I have NO way to get into private mode to copy my images and docs that I was saving.

This also happened on my Samsung S5 - the phone just refused to power on. I lost EVERYTHING in my private mode.

This is now the second time I've lost it all in Private mode. I will start doing full backups and never use PRIVATE mode again.
    05-28-2015 07:20 PM
    Interesting, there must be something wrong with my root then. My note 4 is rooted and private mode works well with it rooted and knox is tripped.

My note 4 has android 5.0.1 so maybe that has been fixed in this version. One thing that does bother me is my kids have got note 4 and I would like to lock it out for their safety and my peace of mind. It seems for some reason the monitoring software I have installed (I know spying on kids, tisk, tisk).

Now the problem I am having is it has been excepted in the anti-viral, I allow google to accept unknown software. So question is is it google or android (knox) that has locked it out, or does anyone know a work around?
    06-11-2015 09:57 AM
    Interesting, there must be something wrong with my root then. My note 4 is rooted and private mode works well with it rooted and knox is tripped.

My note 4 has android 5.0.1 so maybe that has been fixed in this version. One thing that does bother me is my kids have got note 4 and I would like to lock it out for their safety and my peace of mind. It seems for some reason the monitoring software I have installed (I know spying on kids, tisk, tisk).

Now the problem I am having is it has been excepted in the anti-viral, I allow google to accept unknown software. So question is is it google or android (knox) that has locked it out, or does anyone know a work around?
    06-11-2015 10:00 AM
26 12