Boy, am I really liking the new Note. I've been to 2 AT&T stores and a Best Buy to tinker with it for probably a good hour.

However, my brain is telling me no when I see that $825 price. After rebate, that's still $625. Verizon however, offers the phone at $525 with the discount. I know it's strange, but that seems way more reasonable. Or call it being stubborn. Is anyone else finding this expensive pill hard to swallow for the exact same device?

*** Update*** 10/21/2014 IMPORTANT UPDATE BELOW

Interesting enough, I log in to AT&T and decided to chat with someone under the manage features/upgrade section/. Rep said they cannot price match. After chatting a little more, he gets a customer relations rep to call me and he says he can give me a $75 credit on the phone via my account. I told him that price is still not good enough. $100 dollar credit to my account. so $725 for the phone, minus Samsung's credit isn't too shabby. I fell victorious.

***Update 2*** 10/22/2014

First off, I will admit I made a completely boneheaded mistake. In being excited to get my new phone, I ordered the Note 4 phone through the rep on the phone. I completely forgot I needed to trade in my phone at the time of purchase to receive Samsung's additional rebate. So I called and cancelled my order and asked to place a new one with my same discount as the gentlemen prior said I could either pick one up at the store (since I'm just receiving a bill credit) or I can ship one to you.

Not only did the new rep say they see no notations of a discount, they said that I signed up for a 2 year contract and their Next plan. The new rep said the phone is also not available, when the original rep said it was in stock and would ship in 48 hours. I understand that could change in a 24 hour period. The kicker is, I originally told the rep on the phone 5 times I do not want to be on contract and I wanted to buy the phone outright.

And for the finale, the new rep (whom I spoke with this evening) couldn't match the deal I had "received" yesterday. She was $25 short, only offering me a credit if $75. On principle alone I said I spent 2 hours on the phone, and you still want to charge me more than your competitors. Madness. Guess that's the loyalty of a 15 year customer.

I'm usually a cool and collected dude, but I felt like something was up here. Maybe intentional, maybe not, but terrible customer service.
    10-21-2014 10:22 PM
    Boy, am I really liking the new Note. I've been to 2 AT&T stores and a Best Buy to tinker with it for probably a good hour.

However, my brain is telling me no when I see that $825 price. After rebate, that's still $625. Verizon however, offers the phone at $525 with the discount. I know it's strange, but that seems way more reasonable. Or call it being stubborn. Is anyone else finding this expensive pill hard to swallow for the exact same device?
    Anything over $500 dollars is really hard to swallow. Keep in mind you also need to pay taxes and a buy a new case. That is an additional $70 or so. It is getting hard to justify buying a new smartphone every year. Even while trading in the old cell phone.
    10-21-2014 10:26 PM
    Anything over $500 dollars is really hard to swallow. Keep in mind you also need to pay taxes and a buy a new case. That is an additional $70 or so. It is getting hard to justify buying a new smartphone every year. Even while trading in the old cell phone.
    Well, I guess I'm maybe not the norm on here, but I do actually wait about every 2 years to get a phone. My SIII feels like a dog though. I just can't understand the price difference. Seriously considering switching to T-mobile just for the cheaper monthly rate and phone price.
    10-21-2014 10:31 PM
    I love the look of the Note 4, but I refuse to pay at&t's bloated price. I tried to get customer service to tel me why the price was higher than Verizon's, but they kept telling me I could use the next program. But the payment is higher than my note 3.
    10-21-2014 10:46 PM
    See edit for Update. $100 off by calling Customer Service relations.
    10-21-2014 11:33 PM
    I too don't understand the reasoning for the higher price for the AT&T version especially considering that the earbuds were taken out of the box.

Written by the mighty S-pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!
    21stNow likes this.
    10-22-2014 03:04 AM
    I too don't understand the reasoning for the higher price for the AT&T version especially considering that the earbuds were taken out of the box.

Written by the mighty S-pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!
    And with no cdma radios, it is cheaper to make

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus
    10-22-2014 09:25 AM
    Bump, wanted to share my experience. 2nd update.
    10-23-2014 12:07 AM