I use Scout for GPS almost daily. Every time I enable GPS, I get a nag from Google's location service that reads
    "Let Google help apps determine location. This means sending anonymous location data to Google, even when no apps are running."

I can select disagree or agree. What sucks is the "Don't show again" check box is only enabled if I select Agree.

I always disagree and I always will. Is there a native way to permanently remove this nag or would rooting help?

Any insight appreciated.
    10-22-2014 08:30 AM
    If you just leave GPS on, the OS enables and disables it dynamically as an app calls for it. In my experience it uses essentially no more battery to just leave it on all the time. The OS has become (over the years) very efficient at knowing when to use GPS and when not to.

You should be able to disagree one time, leave GPS on and the disagree will stick forever.

I don't know of a way to remove the prompt if you hard shut the GPS every time you're done with it.
    If you just leave GPS on, the OS enables and disables it dynamically as an app calls for it. In my experience it uses essentially no more battery to just leave it on all the time. The OS has become (over the years) very efficient at knowing when to use GPS and when not to.

You should be able to disagree one time, leave GPS on and the disagree will stick forever.

I don't know of a way to remove the prompt if you hard shut the GPS every time you're done with it.
    10-22-2014 08:42 AM
    I'm still getting a pop-up window nag with the GPS enabled. Frustrating. Maybe it'll get the hint after I reject it a few times.
    10-22-2014 09:28 AM
    I'm still getting a pop-up window nag with the GPS enabled. Frustrating. Maybe it'll get the hint after I reject it a few times.
    I know that on a past OS version, it literally did take a few time to get the hint. They had a counter in there. Not sure if that is still true.
    I always leave the GPS on in my S4. No battery drain when it has auto shut down.
    10-22-2014 09:48 AM