10-22-2014 07:56 AM
    I actually don't like the lollipop material design lol... Reminds me to much of ios

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    10-22-2014 07:57 AM
    With the Nexus 6 being released with lollipop and rivaling the N4 spec wise, samsung will probably move as fast as possible to get it to the N4.

Posted via the Android Central App
    DreamSTi and atrain311qes109 like this.
    10-22-2014 08:52 AM
    I will not make mistake again, last time I rushed to update my note 3 from JB to KK, the results was simply bad. I will not trust anything put out by google until its fully reviewed by many many many users.
    lazerproof likes this.
    10-22-2014 09:46 AM
    I will not make mistake again, last time I rushed to update my note 3 from JB to KK, the results was simply bad. I will not trust anything put out by google that is subsequently modified by Samsung until its fully reviewed by many many many users.
    Fixed.
    The KK update went without a hitch on my Nexus devices, so the issues you experienced were likely resulting from flaws in Samsung's editing of the update to make it work with the modified version of Android they issued on the N3.
    10-22-2014 10:01 AM
    I totally agree. Proceed with caution.

10-22-2014 10:02 AM
    I remember wifi issues when KK finally came out on the Note 2 in May, and that was after it had already been pushed out to the Note 3 and the S4 weeks earlier. Different devices, but still. What's maddening is that the carriers supposedly take another couple of months after Samsung releases the update, so you'd think during all that time they'd pick up on anything Samsung had missed. Not.
    10-22-2014 10:22 AM
    Fixed.
    The KK update went without a hitch on my Nexus devices, so the issues you experienced were likely resulting from flaws in Samsung's editing of the update to make it work with the modified version of Android they issued on the N3.
    does it matter for Note users? I don't think so.

plus, to claim that KK update came with no problem on Nexus devices, is...... not true. You may want to hesitate a bit before blaming sammi, LOL

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/06...tkat-problems/
    https://productforums.google.com/for...us/c2n0i9-RzlU
    Some Nexus 4 users running into issues after installing KitKat
    10-22-2014 10:40 AM
    does it matter for Note users? I don't think so.

plus, to claim that KK update came with no problem on Nexus devices, is...... not true. You may want to hesitate a bit before blaming sammi, LOL

Android 4.4.4 KitKat Problems Plaguing Nexus Users
    https://productforums.google.com/for...us/c2n0i9-RzlU
    Some Nexus 4 users running into issues after installing KitKat
    Well, to be fair, I was trying to correct your error of omission, wherein you voiced distrust for what you implied to be solely Google's update. You did not receive an update by Google, but rather Samsung's modification to that update. It is certainly possible that any error Samsung devices running Touchwiz might suffer from OS updates can be attributed to Google, but by no means are they the only chef in the kitchen - Samsung should be indicated as another possible contributor.

As to my claim that there were 0 issues with updating to KK, my stated claim was 100% accurate as it specifically referred to my experience on my devices - I did not generalize that claim to all devices. Where it mattered for Note users is that it demonstrated that the problem may lie with Samsung's development rather than with Google's.
    10-22-2014 11:22 AM
    I will not make mistake again, last time I rushed to update my note 3 from JB to KK, the results was simply bad. I will not trust anything put out by google until its fully reviewed by many many many users.
    Did kit kat break your note 3 data connection?it ruined mine when i had it and that's why i upgraded to the Note 4

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4
    10-22-2014 11:46 AM
    Did kit kat break your note 3 data connection?it ruined mine when i had it and that's why i upgraded to the Note 4

**** an upgrade that was supposed to better your device instead forced you to upgrade? Wow, I may not upgrade to Lollipop at all.
    10-22-2014 12:11 PM
    Kind of irrelevant given this is a Samsung forum. Wherever it comes from, any update should be viewed with caution after what KK did to the GN3.

Fixed.
    10-22-2014 12:30 PM
    Where it mattered for Note users is that it demonstrated that the problem may lie with Samsung's development rather than with Google's.
    mmm...

Atrocious change to battery life after Note 3 KK update
    Atrocious change to battery life after Nexus KK update.

I will just leave it at that for others to figure out where the problem lies.

PS, sure, not everybody will have the problem, but they are surely significant enough to be seen everywhere online.
    10-22-2014 12:37 PM
    Kind of irrelevant given this is a Samsung forum. Wherever it comes from, any update should be viewed with caution after what KK did to the GN3.
    As I indicated in an earlier followup to that post, it was only provided in evidence to the fact that an earlier poster may have been 'jumping the gun' in blaming Google for a faulty update. I certainly don't want to give the impression that I'm bashing Samsung or their products - I actually like a number of the things they've done for the industry.

And to point, it's generally prudent to view any update from anyone with caution. For my part, I'd rather delay that instant gratification of an updated OS a few days to make sure that it's not causing massive headaches to others, first.

I will just leave it at that for others to figure out where the problem lies.
    You order a salad at a restaurant. The chef prepares it, the waiter brings it out. Ravenous, you dive in. A few bites later you notice a hair lying across a leaf of lettuce in the corner.

Do you immediately presume the chef must be to blame, or consider the possibility that anyone who has taken possession and control of that plate since it left the chef's hands might alternatively be responsible.

That's my whole point - I'm not trying to absolve Google or to accuse Samsung, but to point out that the reverse, which was the implied thrust of your initial post, is equally ill-advised.
    10-22-2014 12:38 PM

Same here. If Note 4 still has that problem it's going back as time for different phone

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    10-22-2014 02:28 PM
    My N3 upgraded without a hitch.

Anywho, everyone knows...or should know...that to back up your data, upgrade to new update, do a factory reset.....restore phone....Done.
    10-22-2014 03:46 PM
    My N3 upgraded without a hitch.

Anywho, everyone knows...or should know...that to back up your data, upgrade to new update, do a factory reset.....restore phone....Done.
    I did do all of that. Most everyone on these forums know that, doesn't change the fact it screwed up my phone

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    10-22-2014 04:04 PM
    Sadly you'll be limited by you're carrier when they decide to roll this (Lollipop update) out to everyone.
    10-22-2014 04:09 PM
    I like some of the material design, but I think they are getting carried away with the colors. The 5.0 messaging app theme looks like it should be called "gay pride."

10-22-2014 04:16 PM
    I like some of the material design, but I think they are getting carried away with the colors. The 5.0 messaging app theme looks like it should be called "gay pride."

It has a few colors... last i check my stock samsung mms app does as well.. oh and touchwiz ui, as well as textra sms and many others. Youre correlation of color to gay pride is a little odd...

10-22-2014 09:22 PM
    It has a few colors... last i check my stock samsung mms app does as well.. oh and touchwiz ui, as well as textra sms and many others. Youre correlation of color to gay pride is a little odd...

Have you used the stock 5.0 messaging app? It has almost every color of the rainbow in it.

Also, I didn't correlate it to color in general. I was specifically referring to the theme of this particular app.
    10-22-2014 09:23 PM