Hi all. My Verizon preorder should come in to Best Buy tomorrow, but I have one question I haven't been able to have answered that will determine if I pick it up or not.

Has anyone here tried and seen first hand if App to SD works on 4.4.4 on the Note 4, and if the moved apps work alright? When I tested the demo in Best Buy, I saw the button in app info to move apps, but there was no SD card in the demo units to test it and see if the apps work after they are moved over.

On my Note 2, I stayed on 4.3 just due to the SD card changes, and do not want the Note 4 if I cannot move Apps to SD with 4.4.4. That feature was my saving grace on the Note 2 because I tend to put a lot of games on my phone and was always running out of space with a 64gb card even. If someone could answer this for me, that would be great. Thanks all.
    10-22-2014 09:48 AM
    It probably doesn't.
    Google killed that feature on 4.4 and so far only some low end devices saw that functionality come back and only thanks to some OEMs. The Note 4, as far as I know, lacks that ability just like all the other flagship devices.
    10-22-2014 10:06 AM
    Anyone else able to chime in or test this for me? This will determine whether I buy it or not.
    10-22-2014 10:48 AM
    Anyone else able to chime in or test this for me? This will determine whether I buy it or not.
    I only have two of my apps on SD but they work perfectly fine.
    10-22-2014 11:02 AM
    I only have two of my apps on SD but they work perfectly fine.
    That gives me some glimmer of hope. It wouldn't be so bad as I could normally just take it home and always return it if I needed to, but I am giving up my unlimited data plan to get this phone, so I want to make sure it's worth it before I give that up. Thanks.
    10-22-2014 12:21 PM
    That gives me some glimmer of hope. It wouldn't be so bad as I could normally just take it home and always return it if I needed to, but I am giving up my unlimited data plan to get this phone, so I want to make sure it's worth it before I give that up. Thanks.
    You better also ask if he/she rooted the phone to get access to that functionality. Or if he/she already had the apps there and THEN updated to 4.4. Because he/she didn't get it from Google on a new phone with 4.4

I really think the safest is to assume that you will NOT be able to do anything useful with the SD card just like you can't do it on any non-rooted 4.4 KitKat flagship phone.
    10-22-2014 03:42 PM
    I am a newbie and a layman, a year with the Note 3, and 9 days with the Note 4. If buying the Note 4 depends on putting apps on the sd card, then don't get your hopes up. For all other smartphones too. Maybe in you get and old phone, with and old android OS, you might can do it. But, in today's world. I don't think so. Hope I am wrong..I would LOVE to put apps on my sd card.

Luck to you,
    10-22-2014 03:51 PM
    I can tell you first hand it works. Got my Note 4 from AT&T this past friday. Installed all my usual apps and moved them all to the sd (34gb External SD Card). I'm on 4.4.4 and no root here since I have at&t phone. All apps work flawlessly.Note 4 Question about App to SD-screenshot_2014-10-22-15-57-50.jpg
    10-22-2014 03:53 PM
    yesit does work, all my map data for here tansferred over too no issues

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-22-2014 03:59 PM
    Moved many apps which I use once a while and they run fine.

Using HTC One M8.
    10-22-2014 04:01 PM
    It probably doesn't.
    Google killed that feature on 4.4 and so far only some low end devices saw that functionality come back and only thanks to some OEMs. The Note 4, as far as I know, lacks that ability just like all the other flagship devices.
    This isn't true. I have an unrooted Note 3 with 4.4.2 and over 200 apps on my SD card. If you don't know what you are talking about, then just don't respond instead of making things up. And my phone was never rooted and it only ever had KitKat on it since I bought it new in April.
    xtremevicky likes this.
    10-22-2014 04:46 PM
    Any advanced to this other than freeing up memory?
    10-22-2014 04:49 PM
    You better also ask if he/she rooted the phone to get access to that functionality. Or if he/she already had the apps there and THEN updated to 4.4. Because he/she didn't get it from Google on a new phone with 4.4

I really think the safest is to assume that you will NOT be able to do anything useful with the SD card just like you can't do it on any non-rooted 4.4 KitKat flagship phone.
    No root, stock out of the box Note 4, running 4.4.4, loaded the apps after I got the Note 4. It works...
    10-22-2014 05:17 PM
    This isn't true. I have an unrooted Note 3 with 4.4.2 and over 200 apps on my SD card. If you don't know what you are talking about, then just don't respond instead of making things up. And my phone was never rooted and it only ever had KitKat on it since I bought it new in April.
    I know what's in 4.4 by Google. Not what's in that abomination Samsung calls TouchWiz. Which is why I used the word "probably". You should get more acquainted with its meaning

Samsung put the feature back on their phones. Great. Must be to compensate all the other horrible bloatware it puts in too. At the end of the day, if the Note 4 has the feature, that answers the OP question.
    If it doesn't and you're just lying, well, then that's most definitely not my problem. :P
    10-22-2014 06:52 PM
    I know what's in 4.4 by Google. Not what's in that abomination Samsung calls TouchWiz. Which is why I used the word "probably". You should get more acquainted with its meaning

Samsung put the feature back on their phones. Great. Must be to compensate all the other horrible bloatware it puts in too. At the end of the day, if the Note 4 has the feature, that answers the OP question.
    If it doesn't and you're just lying, well, then that's most definitely not my problem. :P
    All your posts in this thread are lies. You clearly have an agenda here. If the only way to support your agenda is by lying, that should tell you something.
    10-22-2014 07:08 PM
    Any advantage to this other than freeing up memory?
    No? Eggos? Hot pockets? 😆
    10-23-2014 03:16 PM
    All your posts in this thread are lies. You clearly have an agenda here. If the only way to support your agenda is by lying, that should tell you something.
    Yup. Me and My Agenda. You must not take your tin foil hat, lest me and My Agenda get you. God forbid you'd do some reading.

God, give me patience...
    11-09-2014 07:47 AM