Note 4 RAM Discussion

MadMexican73

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
clearing ram

So how can I clear more space from my alplications? I stop running apps but it still seems like I could clear more memory. This is what I currently show on my note 4 is this to much? Could I clear more?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-22-00-39-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-22-00-39-31.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 520

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: clearing ram

You can use apps like Clean Master.

But any ram not used is bad ram. So it's not necessarily a bad thing when ram is used.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

yea.. no matter what i closed and disabled allot of the bloatware the lowed I had was still 1.89 gig running. they must have allocated that in some way.. no slow down on this thing even with tons of crap running. I guess we dont need to worry about it as much anymore.

ktopp

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 How much RAM does everyone have in use when no applications are running?

What would a normal range be? I'm using about 2.24gb with all applications closed

gdhampton7

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: How much RAM does everyone have in use when no applications are running?

Same here... Miss the clear ram button

Posted via Galaxy Note 4

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Let your phone handle the memory management. You will not run out of memory. You will just end up wasting unnecessary time worrying about it and your phone will run slower because you removed too many things from the memory.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

mcgarrymurr

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 3GB of RAM...?

I've been playing with my note 4 for a while and notice that even idle with no apps running it still uses about 2GB of RAM. What was the point of upgrading the RAM if the OS takes up so much to begin with?

Anyone know any causes/resolutions to this?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: 3GB of RAM...?

I've been playing with my note 4 for a while and notice that even idle with no apps running it still uses about 2GB of RAM. What was the point of upgrading the RAM if the OS takes up so much to begin with?

Anyone know any causes/resolutions to this?

That is the point of upgrading the RAM. If it only had the standard 2GB, there would be little room for other apps to run, so they give it 3GB so there is plenty available for non-system apps.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Honestly it is fine. Android manages RAM very efficiently and will clear stuff out when needed :).

skippyg

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

Be thankful. Android does a good job of ram management. If it didnt or you had much less ram your apps would load slower or have to reload everytime during app switching/multi tasking. Its putting it to good use

mcgarrymurr

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

Be thankful. Android does a good job of ram management. If it didnt or you had much less ram your apps would load slower or have to reload everytime during app switching/multi tasking. Its putting it to good use

Thanks, this is reassuring!

InfinitiFX35

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

This is disappointing to hear. I am always having to run a RAM cleaner on my Razr Maxx to stay below 90% used. Sounds like I may end up in the same boat.