Hi all,

I have noticed that if I have location services turned on and then active ultra power saving mode and then turn it off again,location services does not turn back on and I have to go into the shortcuts to turn it back on.Does anyone think it should do this as I would have thought it would go back to the state it was in before it was turned off.

Go easy on me as its my first post on the site lol
    10-22-2014 05:04 PM
    Not necessarily. Ultra power saving mode turns almost everything off so I wouldn't be surprised if location didn't turn back on automatically.

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    10-22-2014 05:11 PM
    Yeah, that is an issue,FOR SURE! and must be solved! There is no reasonable justification for the Ultra power saving mode to work that way. when it is turned on and then off, it MUST! revert al the changes!!!!!! There's not even a warning about that, so at least you know that the stupid option isn't intelligent... anyway, im very angry about that. You know, toggle location on, toggle location in the camera options... every time you use ultra power saving mode... hate it hate hate it... Cmon! developers, 700€ isn't a joke!! These problems are the joke!

(I'm very disappointed with the Note4 (i came to the dark side from IOS to Android), not only the constant lag (even if you're writing, or whatever) that pisses me of when writing and i notice that several words are repeated... even posting on Facebook or sharing something in whatsapp, it double posts!!! I have to exit and enter (or refresh if in internet browser) the chat for the repeated posts to vanish.)
    12-13-2014 09:01 AM
    Yeah, that is an issue,FOR SURE! and must be solved! There is no reasonable justification for the Ultra power saving mode to work that way. when it is turned on and then off, it MUST! revert al the changes!!!!!! There's not even a warning about that, so at least you know that the stupid option isn't intelligent... anyway, im very angry about that. You know, toggle location on, toggle location in the camera options... every time you use ultra power saving mode... hate it hate hate it... Cmon! developers, 700€ isn't a joke!! These problems are the joke!

(I'm very disappointed with the Note4 (i came to the dark side from IOS to Android), not only the constant lag (even if you're writing, or whatever) that pisses me of when writing and i notice that several words are repeated... even posting on Facebook or sharing something in whatsapp, it double posts!!! I have to exit and enter (or refresh if in internet browser) the chat for the repeated posts to vanish.)
    This post is a joke.
    12-13-2014 09:08 AM
    Me too have the same problem with the location and ultra power savingmode...And The update of yesterday doesn't resolve it...have you resolve it?
    12-26-2014 06:16 AM
    Me too have the same problem with the location and ultra power savingmode...And The update of yesterday doesn't resolve it...have you resolve it?
    The easiest way is to turn it back on after turning off UPM.
    12-26-2014 06:34 AM
    I can understand but every time turn it on off on off it's boring
    12-26-2014 06:51 AM
    I can understand but every time turn it on off on off it's boring
    If the only thing I need to to to get a potential 10 days of standby/usage on my galaxy note edge is pull down a menu and tap an icon to turn on a function after i turn iff UPM I'm happy to.do it. Lol. Noting boring about having to tap an icon.

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich (And i'd like to point out anything but a fad or gimmick !!) Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. Which has a Samsung Gear S and Samsung Gear Circle paired to it. ✒✒
    Katrina White1 and domy_deg like this.
    12-26-2014 06:56 AM
    I Hope samsung resolve it ,in The new update isn't resolved....in s5 this doesn't happen
    12-27-2014 01:10 AM
    The issue persists...
    All that technology is to make things easier, not to slow you down... And from an amazing phablet like Note4 i do expect better software. I still use UPM when I need it, but I forget to turn Location ON in the camera app, and I only realise that when I see several pictures with no location... I would use UPM much more if it worked in a more PRO way... disappointment.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Nexusfan likes this.
    02-21-2015 09:30 PM
    I agree with Proudo. If UPSM changes system settings, it should restore them when disabled. Or at least there should be a separate "Normal Mode" button which does.
    04-10-2015 07:46 PM