How do I learn to use my new Note 4?

blmjr

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
There's no instruction manual w this thing and I know I'm only using 1% of what it can do. The carrier (ATT) has very basic how to get started videos.

For example, I know there is a way to shoot a business card and have it read the text and put it in my contacts but can't find it w Google, just too many hits.

Any "must see" videos or a step-by-step run down of all the features or detailed how to?

Thanks!

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Add the S Note widget, or just go into the app. The camera option through S Note is how you take pics to convert to text and edit. I think there's a "Note 4 manual" application in the play store. If not, you can probably find it on Samsung's website.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

skittlepop

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Well, I tried to post a link but don't have enough posts. There is a video on YouTube by DetroitBORG by the title "Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Unboxing and Review". It is excellent and overwhelming...in a good way! Really touches on so many features. Best tutorial I have seen so far.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I think the best thing to do is to swipe down from the top of the screen and hit the little gear at the top, that gives you Settings. Then start on the left, tap on everything under Quick settings and become familiar what is there. Go on to Connections then Device than Controls and General finally Applications. When you get done you will have familiarized yourself what is there and what your phone will do, and you should have set some things the way you think they should be. At least you will have figured out why it is or isn't doing what it is doing and where you can make it do what you want. It will take a while but will help you know what the heck you are looking at with the rest of the beast.

Well then there is YouTube

There's no instruction manual w this thing and I know I'm only using 1% of what it can do. The carrier (ATT) has very basic how to get started videos.

For example, I know there is a way to shoot a business card and have it read the text and put it in my contacts but can't find it w Google, just too many hits.

Any "must see" videos or a step-by-step run down of all the features or detailed how to?

Thanks!

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
The point is, you got TOO MUCH PHONE!! :D

Don't feel bad, I am in the same boat as you!! :D The Note 4 is a high end smartphone. I am a layman, my Note 3 was way, way over my head. And I had the nerve to get a Note 4, which is so far over my head, I need a telescope to see it.. :D

You are going to have to feel your way around it. One way I learned some moves was to go to a BestBuy and latch on to a Samsung rep. Yeah, I know, some of them don't know Jack, but some of them do, I usually set around and say, "how you do this", "how you do that". .And I usally pick up a few moves. You know going to learn it all quickly, it is a learning curve, I tell you that...

Luck to you... ;)

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
When I had the Note 3 YouTube was my go-to for tutorials. People post loads of "tips and tricks" videos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

Thanks!

There's quite a few how-to vids on Youtube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz