Note 4 "Ok Google" Not working

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: "Ok Google" Not working

I disabled voice wake up in S Voice and now "OK Google" works fine.

Had both active on my last phone, I guess now it's one or the other. Guess I'll stick with Google only since S Voice is not activating the mic when it opens.

Tried this and didn't work for me

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

Had both active on my last phone, I guess now it's one or the other. Guess I'll stick with Google only since S Voice is not activating the mic when it opens.

Thanks buddy. This worked for me. Now it works perfectly.

Posted via Android Central App

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Hmmm...just might be. I really don't want to factory reset, but I just might so I can check one app at a time.

Yeah I wouldn't go that extreme. Good luck. Sorry my suggestion didn't help

Posted via the Android Central App

tauzins

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 4 "Ok Google" will not work, have tried everything

I was starting to think that my phone was messed up, so its still giving issues for you guys?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

see what kind of impact it has on battery life, not sure it worth the trade off.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

No both work for me. I suspect a rogue app.

You were right, rogue app. I took the plunge and did a reset. I checked app by app and found the problem was LastPass.

Specifically it's the auto fill app login option that causes the issues. S Voice behaves badly when that option is enabled.

shadows 101

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

I had the same problem, i don't know why it had stopped working, i even did a master reset, and started working again, but then for some odd reason it wasn't working again,only if I opened google. The thing is once you activate s voice, with that "hi galaxy", the phone listens for that instead of "ok google ", so what i did was go to the s voice settings, and you have to clear the history as if you never opened it, it will tell you that if you want to use again, you will have to agree with the terms again,so i said ok. I went back to my home screen, and i said "ok google" and it worked.😆

pokerdude

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
ok google does not work from lock screen

Hello,
has anyone noticed that okay Google does not appear to work from the lock screen. I have s voice completely disabled. I have been in the settings for Google and turned on the ability to recognize ok Google from the lock screen. Does anyone have the same problem and is there a fix for this?

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: ok google does not work from lock screen

My husband had to "set it up" to get OK Google to work from the lock screen and when the screen is off.

He had to give his voice print to get it to work that way.

Wish I could help you more - I'm still playing around with the phone and haven't found that function yet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk Pro.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

You were right, rogue app. I took the plunge and did a reset. I checked app by app and found the problem was LastPass.

Specifically it's the auto fill app login option that causes the issues. S Voice behaves badly when that option is enabled.

glad you found it.

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

In my case, I had to "turn on" s-Voice (otherwise the checkbox for "ok google" always on was grayed out, saying my language was not supported).

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I found that I hadn't even activated S Voice yet and I was still having problems. Or similar problems, really -- OK Google works fine for me from the home screen, but there's a slight delay in response when I say it on the lock screen and it only works sometimes when the screen is off.

Some of this might be related to the training of the voice model. If you go into Google Now (the blue plain Google icon if you're using TouchWiz and not the Google Now launcher), hit Settings > Voice > "OK Google" Detection, and you'll see the option to train/retrain the voice model. Also the options to have it always on and to allow it to work when locked.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: ok google does not work from lock screen

Hello,
has anyone noticed that okay Google does not appear to work from the lock screen. I have s voice completely disabled. I have been in the settings for Google and turned on the ability to recognize ok Google from the lock screen. Does anyone have the same problem and is there a fix for this?

Mine seems to work on the locked screen but I trained "my" voice just like the previous post..