01-08-2017 06:52 AM
105 12345
tools
    After reading this thread I set a reminder using Google Now and, like in your case, it did not give me a notification when the time came.

Another notification problem that I'm having with Google Now is the "time to leave" notification. It appears that it only likes certain addresses. For example, I made an "appointment" at the nearest UPS store and it gave me a time to leave notification. Tried it again using my work address and received no notification. This has been driving me crazy for a days now.
    10-28-2014 06:33 PM
    This is that bug that was mentioned in an AC article. For reminders, you have to tap the button after setting it with your voice. You're not supposed to have to but until the big is fixed, you have to.

I'd post a link but I'm on my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-28-2014 06:41 PM
    This is that bug that was mentioned in an AC article. For reminders, you have to tap the button after setting it with your voice. You're not supposed to have to but until the big is fixed, you have to.

That's not what we are referring to. This is when you set a reminder and there is no notification of the reminder that was set... Other than it sitting in Google Now
    10-28-2014 06:46 PM
    Same hear, launching by voice doesn't work when my Gear 2 is connected.
    Same here. It doesn't work when I have Android Wear installed. With the app removed, it works 100% of the time.

Bummer. Hope they fix it soon
    10-28-2014 06:50 PM
    Mine works with s voice turned off. I turned off s voice. Went to Google now settings. Trained my voice. Enabled the work even with a pass code option and now it works perfectly.

Beamed across the web from my Beastly Galaxy Note 4!!
    The options to make it work with screen off was greyed out on mine until I turned s voice back on. I wonder if now that it's back on I could turn s voice off and it still work ......
    10-28-2014 06:56 PM
    Same here. It doesn't work when I have Android Wear installed. With the app removed, it works 100% of the time.

Bummer. Hope they fix it soon
    I just tested this and came up with the same results. Clearly the Gear is the issue
    10-28-2014 07:20 PM
    Hello,
    has anyone noticed that okay Google does not appear to work from the lock screen. I have s voice completely disabled. I have been in the settings for Google and turned on the ability to recognize ok Google from the lock screen. Does anyone have the same problem and is there a fix for this?
    i don't think I ever attempted to TURN OFF S voice, I never double tap home screen button to activate s voice, but i know i have it because I just tried it right now and s voice turned on, it doesn't bother me to leave it alone, its not like its in my way.

But anyways i turned on "ok google" in settings> language and input> voice search>"ok google" detection. I check all 3 boxes, and retrain voice model. oh and also if you go back one page to "voice search", i have "Speech Output" On, and "Audio History" On. Im not exactly sure if "audio history" on is required for your issue but it does say "Required for features such as using "ok google" to start a voice search from any screen".

My OK Google works perfectly fine from any screen even when phone is locked and s voice is turned on. Should probably still work with S voice off like some others here have said, but i wouldn't know because i never turned mines off. If you have done all this and still don't work, try restarting your phone, that might help.
    10-28-2014 07:35 PM
    That's not what we are referring to. This is when you set a reminder and there is no notification of the reminder that was set... Other than it sitting in Google Now
    Exactly. The bug is when you set a reminder using GNow and nothing happens. But heck, I don't know....I have a toothache...
    10-28-2014 07:41 PM
    Mine stopped working too after a few days of it working. Using the Google launcher and went to Settings/System/Language and input/Speech/Voice Search to turn it "Always on" and even when screen is locked check box and works again.
    10-28-2014 07:46 PM
    Yeah I was wrong. It's a bug with timers and alarms. Sorry.
    10-28-2014 07:56 PM
    Android Wear was causing "OK Google" not to work for me. Removing the app fixed the problem.
    I didn't have to remove the app. It works fine when my Gear is not connected.
    10-28-2014 09:10 PM

Reminders working fine for me. When I tell google to remind me...it asks if I want to set the reminder. I say yes and its set.
    10-28-2014 09:13 PM
    Reminders working fine for me. When I tell google to remind me...it asks if I want to set the reminder. I say yes and its set.
    That's not the issue. The issues is that after you say yes and set it the app never actually reminds you.
    10-28-2014 09:42 PM
    That's not the issue. The issues is that after you say yes and set it the app never actually reminds you.
    OK, I'm actually getting the reminders. I've been using it a lot. Must be some app or setting causing that issue.

The one thing I hate, is that it's hard to track down the exact cause of a problem.
    10-28-2014 11:38 PM
    Yes, I disabled the S-Voice Wake-Up feature and now Ok Google works from any screen! Thanks for the assist!
    10-29-2014 09:48 AM
    As a side note (no pun intended ) I really wish the OK Google volume wasn't tied into the media volume. When I listen to something from my phone speaker at my desk it's typically pretty low...say 30-40%. But when I go to use OK Google that is not nearly enough volume for it...especially if I ask it a question where she is going to respond with a Wikipedia read-out for example.
    10-29-2014 09:52 AM
    i have tried several things and no luck tried with s voice off on ok google works from every screen except lock it works when locked when its charging though lol. and if i hit the home button but dont unlock just wake the phone and say ok google it works.
    mikedillin likes this.
    10-29-2014 10:00 AM
    My experience so far is that Google Now does not work consistently with the Wake Up command feature. Maybe I am not doing something right. I have turned off/on SVoice, disconnect my Gear 2, etc. Perhaps a future update is needed.
    mikedillin likes this.
    10-29-2014 10:20 AM
    As a side note (no pun intended ) I really wish the OK Google volume wasn't tied into the media volume. When I listen to something from my phone speaker at my desk it's typically pretty low...say 30-40%. But when I go to use OK Google that is not nearly enough volume for it...especially if I ask it a question where she is going to respond with a Wikipedia read-out for example.

Ha ha, "ACCORDING TO WIKIPEDIA"
    Blipstein likes this.
    10-29-2014 11:31 AM
    That's not true, I had set up my Note 4 weeks ago and it worked fine..at first, then, nothing. It doesn't even work anymore when I'm on my phones home screen where the Google search box is present, now, nothing. I had it where my phone was off, "Okay Google," and yayyy, so cool to use but now..well, you know, nothing..

I find this 'tool' very useful and am working on trying to find a fix. I must say, it appears that ever since I bought my Samsung Gear Circle blue tooth head phones, is when it stopped working. Have you connected anything to your device? I should have read some of the responses before jumping in on the fun responding, guess I'm a bit anxious at the moment but, hopefully you've found a fix..
    mikedillin likes this.
    11-29-2014 12:27 PM
    Note 4 "Ok Google" Not working-screenshot_2014-11-29-15-31-18.jpgNote 4 "Ok Google" Not working-screenshot_2014-11-29-15-31-10.jpg

The note 4 is different for some reason svoice is in control of all.
    I have disabled it, then reinabled it then formated my phone for the second
    time to try to resolve. It always comes back to controling my voice control.
    note 3 worked great and i could train my voice with google. I always disable svoice
    because I dont like the way it works.
    Now I dont even like google voice!!!
    sombody please help!
    Thanks
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    T-mobile
    4.4.4 android
    11-29-2014 06:40 PM
    if you are not using svoice this option is grayed out
    11-29-2014 06:44 PM
    If your screen is turn off, and you say Ok Google, and hear the noise but the screen stays off and you can't really do anything, ENABLE the lockscreen, then it will work from screen off, apparently currently you have to have the lockscreen enabled for it to wake up to a normal Google Now screen like the Moto X does
    11-29-2014 09:54 PM
    I'm sick of this. I've tried everything. Ok Google command only comes through when I'm on the google search screen. Period!
    01-14-2015 03:35 AM
    I'm sick of this. I've tried everything. Ok Google command only comes through when I'm on the google search screen. Period!
    I was having that problem from the google now launcher. What I did was go to the google search app, not the google now screen to the left, then select the menu button on the top left, then select settings. From there I selected "voice", then " google now detection" and I was able to enable it from any screen and when screen is off while charging.
    01-14-2015 04:01 AM
105 12345