Note 4 "Ok Google" Not working

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This is that bug that was mentioned in an AC article. For reminders, you have to tap the button after setting it with your voice. You're not supposed to have to but until the big is fixed, you have to.

I'd post a link but I'm on my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Reminders working fine for me. When I tell google to remind me...it asks if I want to set the reminder. I say yes and its set.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Reminders working fine for me. When I tell google to remind me...it asks if I want to set the reminder. I say yes and its set.
That's not the issue. The issues is that after you say yes and set it the app never actually reminds you.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
That's not the issue. The issues is that after you say yes and set it the app never actually reminds you.

OK, I'm actually getting the reminders. I've been using it a lot. Must be some app or setting causing that issue.

The one thing I hate, is that it's hard to track down the exact cause of a problem.

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
As a side note (no pun intended :D) I really wish the OK Google volume wasn't tied into the media volume. When I listen to something from my phone speaker at my desk it's typically pretty low...say 30-40%. But when I go to use OK Google that is not nearly enough volume for it...especially if I ask it a question where she is going to respond with a Wikipedia read-out for example.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
i have tried several things and no luck tried with s voice off on ok google works from every screen except lock it works when locked when its charging though lol. and if i hit the home button but dont unlock just wake the phone and say ok google it works.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 4 "Ok Google" will not work, have tried everything

My experience so far is that Google Now does not work consistently with the Wake Up command feature. Maybe I am not doing something right. I have turned off/on SVoice, disconnect my Gear 2, etc. Perhaps a future update is needed.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
As a side note (no pun intended :D) I really wish the OK Google volume wasn't tied into the media volume. When I listen to something from my phone speaker at my desk it's typically pretty low...say 30-40%. But when I go to use OK Google that is not nearly enough volume for it...especially if I ask it a question where she is going to respond with a Wikipedia read-out for example.

Ha ha, "ACCORDING TO WIKIPEDIA"

MichaelDarker

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
That's not true, I had set up my Note 4 weeks ago and it worked fine..at first, then, nothing. It doesn't even work anymore when I'm on my phones home screen where the Google search box is present, now, nothing. I had it where my phone was off, "Okay Google," and yayyy, so cool to use but now..well, you know, nothing..

I find this 'tool' very useful and am working on trying to find a fix. I must say, it appears that ever since I bought my Samsung Gear Circle blue tooth head phones, is when it stopped working. Have you connected anything to your device? I should have read some of the responses before jumping in on the fun responding, guess I'm a bit anxious at the moment but, hopefully you've found a fix..

mikedillin

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Screenshot_2014-11-29-15-31-18.jpgScreenshot_2014-11-29-15-31-10.jpg

The note 4 is different for some reason svoice is in control of all.
I have disabled it, then reinabled it then formated my phone for the second
time to try to resolve. It always comes back to controling my voice control.
note 3 worked great and i could train my voice with google. I always disable svoice
because I dont like the way it works.
Now I dont even like google voice!!!
sombody please help!
Thanks
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
T-mobile
4.4.4 android

rsplatpc

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
If your screen is turn off, and you say Ok Google, and hear the noise but the screen stays off and you can't really do anything, ENABLE the lockscreen, then it will work from screen off, apparently currently you have to have the lockscreen enabled for it to wake up to a normal Google Now screen like the Moto X does

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 4 "Ok Google" will not work, have tried everything

I'm sick of this. I've tried everything. Ok Google command only comes through when I'm on the google search screen. Period!

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm sick of this. I've tried everything. Ok Google command only comes through when I'm on the google search screen. Period!

I was having that problem from the google now launcher. What I did was go to the google search app, not the google now screen to the left, then select the menu button on the top left, then select settings. From there I selected "voice", then " google now detection" and I was able to enable it from any screen and when screen is off while charging.

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I was having that problem from the google now launcher. What I did was go to the google search app, not the google now screen to the left, then select the menu button on the top left, then select settings. From there I selected "voice", then " google now detection" and I was able to enable it from any screen and when screen is off while charging.

Thanks, I tried that too. But while trying to find a fix for the delayed travel reminders I came across a fix in another forum. The suggestion was to go to manage apps and clear the cache under Google Services Framework, then force stop. Itried that and restarted phone....so far so good. I'm still playing around with it, but it is opening the app from lock screen.