Galaxy Note 4 Backordered at T mobile

Anna Notte

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I spoke with them again yesterday and they told me it was going to be 2-6 weeks, so "I should be getting it anytime soon now". No, madame, it means it could take up to 6 weeks and I am not willing to wait so long for a phone, it's ridiculous. I've called some stores today and they didn't have any in stock. Pfft, a bunch of idiots, nothing else. I'm really tired. A representative told me that maybe Tmobile didn't have enough money to buy enough phones from Samsung. Yeah, because people are getting tired of your bullcrap. Tomorrow I'm going to some stores around and if I find one, I will cancel the order. If there are any mistakes and they fail to cancel the order, I receive one more phone for which I am held responsible, I am leaving Tmobile. I refuse to have to deal with this every time a phone comes out and I want it.

Kaiser Sosa

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I ordered my charcoal black Note 4 on the 10/22. It will be a jump upgrade. They charged my card on the 25th. As of today 11/2 status is still back ordered. Calling in is no help. One girl told me it would be shipped by last Friday... she was clearly telling me what I wanted to hear so I'd get off the phone. One person put me on hold.... and was just about to give me the status, when the call disconnected. No call back. This is my first jump upgrade and I'm very disappointed.

tcoke18

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I was wondering what is the status of the Galaxy Note 4 with Tmobile. I missed it on the 17th because no stores had it, then I called every store around me every day, but nobody had it. Yesterday I got tired of the nonsense and I decided to order it from a store. The status of the order changed from processing to backordered and my credit card hasn't been charged yet. Is anyone else having this problem? What's the word? When will it be shipping?

I ordered mine on the 23rd and was but on backorder on the 28th and was told that it had an expected shipping of 2-6 weeks.

Anna Notte

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Kaiser,
I am disappointed as well. I've been their customer for too long for this nonsense. Now I can't even check the status of the order online, their system is down. I can't wait until this foolishness is over!

JayFiveAlive

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Whelp, this is a mess. I actually was not able to cancel my order - they said once the order is cancelled it will take 72 hours to process, but the department that processes the cancellations are backed up over 10 days out... meaning it will take a minimum of 13 days to cancel your order. I'm not kidding. I tried cancelling the 29th and called about it on the 31st and was told it would still take another 5-7 days for that department to request the cancellation. I actually had reps on the phone say go ahead and go instore and Jump there, so I tried that... but I actually can't now. My Jump status is locked until I receive the new phone in the mail... I went in store, I called T-Mobile multiple times, everyone says their hands are tied until the phone ships or is cancelled.

I could have got the phone on the 28th in the stores... I'm still backordered and it's now day 6... if it still doesn't ship tomorrow, gah I don't know. All the stores around me are getting 3-4 Note 4's a day. How on earth are online orders so backordered :(

Oh I finally got a very nice rep who tried to help me and she said never ever use online to Jump because of this. She said always go to the store to upgrade your phone so that it's instant, you don't pay for shipping, and you can make sure there are no dead-pixels or other issues with the phone.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I called over 7 stores yesterday. Stores were sold out. I got lucky and stopped by a T-Mobile in a part of town I rarely visit and they had 2 white notes that they just got in. Extremely happy I didn't have to wait a week. Right place at the right time I guess.

Yes you where that happened to my buddy he went out on the release date to find a n4 to get in on that best buy promotion well of course they where all sold out but he just so happened in to one bb that had one phone for public man was he so happy

Posted via Android Central App

Anna Notte

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Jay,
They can cancel an order, but it takes 24 hours. Today, I went to several stores until I found one that had this phone. I told them I want to cancel the order and do the Jump in store. They told me that I had to wait at least 24 hours for the system to update. I don't care about their system, I want to do the Jump today or I am leaving the company and that's the end of it. I waited enough, I heard enough crap. I pretty much made a scene and got loud. The store manager was on the phone with customer service, I spoke with them, I called 611 again, only to be treated like crap. Well, fine then. If you, as a major company, don't care about your customers, they can feel free to leave - you aren't the only company out there, but you are the worst! I can't even begin to tell you the aggravation. I finally left, only to be told they would hold the phone for me until tomorrow.
Hours after, I called 611 again, because they feel the need to be yelled at to do something. Someone told me the order was in fact cancelled and I could go to the store and get the phone. I called the store, spoke with the manager, who told me it's not ready yet. This is, by far, the worst experience I have had with any company, period.

JayFiveAlive

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this is stupid!! That is what I mean though - they claim they will cancel, but that is not the case. I was escalated to a rep who was very knowledgeable and friendly (most are nice, but this one was extremely well spoken and 100% understood the situation). She was the one that told me their cancellation department is backed up 7-10 days. She said if we cancel, the order will wait with them for that long, then it's another 72 hours. I believe her as I had my initial cancellation in on the 29th and on the 31st they said no cancellation was even acknowledged by that department yet, but that they could see it on my notes. :( It's dumb, but the store people can't help and no one can help from what it sounds like. This really is the most frustrating upgrade experience ever. Keep us posted if they process your cancellation though as I may have to try that again. Something... anything... UGH!!

Anna Notte

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Jay!
I can tell you to get loud, even if you make a scene. They're more likely to actually do something to not lose you as a customer. That's not something I normally do, but they've long passed the limit of reasonableness.I no longer have patience with them and I refuse to wait anymore. The order is still showing as backordered, but by tomorrow I will call Tmobile again, so this will get resolved tomorrow or I will leave this idiotic company.
Nobody ever tried to tell me that it would take 10 days to cancel this order, I was way too furious to even hear a 24 hour delay.

Anna Notte

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Update: I called this morning, because the goddamn order was still showing. Long story short, they are just submitting the cancellation. They are beyond ridiculous. In 2 hours, I'll call again, nothing gets done in this f company. I'm writing a letter to corporate and still deciding whether I should continue to put up with their crap or leave.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
This is my understanding of a defective phone on Tmobile. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last year around Oct I purchased a Note 3 from Tmobile, paid for it outright.. I THOUGHT it was DEFECTIVE. I called Tmobile and told them I am returning this one and since I am in my 20 day return window to send me a brand new Note 3. The agent was kind enough to inform me that I will get another phone, but it will not be brand new. I told the agent that was UNACCEPTABLE. The agent agreed and told me this was the policy on replacements. She told me the only way I would get a NEW phone would be to return the defective one for a REFUND, and then repurchased another brand new one. Even if you got the Note 4 on the earliest day possible like I got mine on Oct 13, you are still not out of your return window. Any time you return one for another, you will not get a new one..

Just thought I would put that out there. I might be different with other carriers.
I got a brand new note 4 to replace my defective note 4. Happen to be returning my note 4 so I can go to Verizon

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Update: I called this morning, because the goddamn order was still showing. Long story short, they are just submitting the cancellation. They are beyond ridiculous. In 2 hours, I'll call again, nothing gets done in this f company. I'm writing a letter to corporate and still deciding whether I should continue to put up with their crap or leave.
I am leaving..... Took me an hour and a half to get a shipping label for the signal Booster and return my phone

JayFiveAlive

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Blah. I am going to call and try to get it cancelled. I'm really annoyed the lady convinced me to not cancel. It's now officially 8 days and no estimated ship date, still stuck in backordered processing.

---

Called and had it "escalated" - they claim 24 hours at most now, but I doubt it. They said they have no way of know when the phone will be in stock, so I don't think anyone should believe any of their timeframes right now :p

Last edited:

GunmetalR56

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I talked to 2 stores here in Atlanta yesterday that had both gotten a shipment of Note 4's and were selling through them quickly. I went ahead and picked one up.

Anna Notte

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Jay!
I spoke with countless representatives on this, I've gotten beyond imagination. Here's the solution: a backorder cannot be immediately cancelled, but if you nag them enough, they will hurry it. Once the order is cancelled and you are told by everyone so, you'll learn that you still don't have a confirmation email, and the order still shows on your end. Then, they'll tell you they're submitting a hafsa research/search/whatever, which cancels it immediately. Nope, you still can't jump because they already switched the IMEI numbers, and you appear as not qualified for Jump. They will cancel that too, but it will take another 24 hours for it to show.
I called Tmobile at least 7 times today. That's the newest update: I need to wait until 12:30 tomorrow to be able to Jump. I am writing a long letter to corporate because I find this to be extremely annoying and aggravating. I do not have to go through all this every time a phone comes out and I want it. This is ridiculous. They need to offer me some sort of incentive to remain in this idiotic company. Otherwise, I am finishing paying everything and I'm leaving.
They will not give you a time frame for when the phones will be available to ship out. Nor will they immediately cancel the existing order. Anything you do from this point on will only irritate you beyond belief. Apparently, the whole cancelling a backorder and jump is new to all of them so they're figuring out how to manipulate the system so I can get out of it and jump in the store. Let alone that I spoke with so many representatives, this entire time I have only been dealing with the store manager who is holding a Note 4 for me, in white. If something happens to it, if they sell it, or whatever else, there will be no Nth chance. I am disgusted with this company.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Jay!
I spoke with countless representatives on this, I've gotten beyond imagination. Here's the solution: a backorder cannot be immediately cancelled, but if you nag them enough, they will hurry it. Once the order is cancelled and you are told by everyone so, you'll learn that you still don't have a confirmation email, and the order still shows on your end. Then, they'll tell you they're submitting a hafsa research/search/whatever, which cancels it immediately. Nope, you still can't jump because they already switched the IMEI numbers, and you appear as not qualified for Jump. They will cancel that too, but it will take another 24 hours for it to show.
I called Tmobile at least 7 times today. That's the newest update: I need to wait until 12:30 tomorrow to be able to Jump. I am writing a long letter to corporate because I find this to be extremely annoying and aggravating. I do not have to go through all this every time a phone comes out and I want it. This is ridiculous. They need to offer me some sort of incentive to remain in this idiotic company. Otherwise, I am finishing paying everything and I'm leaving.
They will not give you a time frame for when the phones will be available to ship out. Nor will they immediately cancel the existing order. Anything you do from this point on will only irritate you beyond belief. Apparently, the whole cancelling a backorder and jump is new to all of them so they're figuring out how to manipulate the system so I can get out of it and jump in the store. Let alone that I spoke with so many representatives, this entire time I have only been dealing with the store manager who is holding a Note 4 for me, in white. If something happens to it, if they sell it, or whatever else, there will be no Nth chance. I am disgusted with this company.

I'm ditching them because it takes 20 phone calls and nothing happens .....as it is I was wondering how I need to return my note 4 and signal booster and took about 7 different departments and had to change to each one twice for about 90 minutes ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JayFiveAlive

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Jay!

Sounds like we are close to the same point in this process. My order was finally cancelled officially and now I'm calling in to check my IMEI status. I really like T-Mobile, but this experience sucks. I won't leave them, but I will definitely not order online with them again. The nearest store to my house is very kind and happy to hold a phone for me until the mess is cleared up as well.

----

Called and they said my IMEI is free to Jump again, though online doesn't say it is... going to go to the store today hopefully :X

Last edited:

Anna Notte

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Jay,
I used to love Tmobile, but all it takes is one huge mess like this for people to get annoyed. Unlike you, the store which I am dealing with is not kind at all, I hope I never have to see them again! Yes, they are holding the phone, but that's the least they can do, since they didn't bother to do anything else or help me understand anything; I did everything on my own. So, that's part of their job, nothing out of the ordinary.