So if I want to transfer all pics and videos from note 3 to note 4 using Google+ pictures, after all the pics get back on my phone can I turn Google plus off and disable it? It's killer on the battery for some reason. I'm afraid of all the pics disapearing if I disable it.
    10-23-2014 09:13 AM
    So if I want to transfer all pics and videos from note 3 to note 4 using Google+ pictures, after all the pics get back on my phone can I turn Google plus off and disable it? It's killer on the battery for some reason. I'm afraid of all the pics disapearing if I disable it.
    You could use Smart Switch as well. Or upload to dropbox. A good way to bypass Google upload.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk
    10-23-2014 09:26 AM
    Why not just put them on Google Drive and leave them there rather than keeping them local on your phone? I keep all mine there and they are easy to access and transfer/send as needed. You get 15gb for free and they are available from anywhere and on any device as long as you have Internet access.
    10-23-2014 09:29 AM
    Why not just put them on Google Drive and leave them there rather than keeping them local on your phone? I keep all mine there and they are easy to access and transfer/send as needed. You get 15gb for free and they are available from anywhere and on any device as long as you have Internet access.
    Sounds good. Do I access that through Google plus? How do I do that? Sorry, I'm used to Verizon cloud 😕
    10-23-2014 10:37 AM
    Sounds good. Do I access that through Google plus? How do I do that? Sorry, I'm used to Verizon cloud
    No not through Google+, you would just need to set up Google Drive. If you already have a Google account (Gmail) you already have the free space allotted on Google Drive. All you need to do is go into your Gallery, select what you want to move to Google Drive, hit the share button and select Google Drive. When you access Google Drive you can create folders and move your files around as needed. When moving your images you probably will want to do it while on wifi to avoid using a lot of your plan data. Once they're on Google Drive you can view and share them just as though they were stored locally on your phone through the Google Drive app as long as you have an Internet connection either through wifi or cellular data.

The other method of backing up your images on Google+ also stores them in your Google Drive space but does not show them through the Google Drive app. Instead you use the Photos app to view them. That is just a shortcut to the Photos section in Google+. Under these circumstances, you have the option of uploading at full resolution or a reduced resolution of 2048 x 2048. If you choose the reduced resolution you have unlimited storage of images. Whereas if you choose the full resolution, anything over 2048 x 2048 counts against your available Google Drive space. I don't find this method as user friendly for my needs, I prefer just using Google Drive but the process of backing up photos to Google Drive is a manual process, while using Google+ for this purpose can be set to backup automatically.

Hope this helps.
    10-23-2014 11:36 AM
    No not through Google+, you would just need to set up Google Drive. If you already have a Google account (Gmail) you already have the free space allotted on Google Drive. All you need to do is go into your Gallery, select what you want to move to Google Drive, hit the share button and select Google Drive. When you access Google Drive you can create folders and move your files around as needed. When moving your images you probably will want to do it while on wifi to avoid using a lot of your plan data. Once they're on Google Drive you can view and share them just as though they were stored locally on your phone through the Google Drive app as long as you have an Internet connection either through wifi or cellular data.

The other method of backing up your images on Google+ also stores them in your Google Drive space but does not show them through the Google Drive app. Instead you use the Photos app to view them. That is just a shortcut to the Photos section in Google+. Under these circumstances, you have the option of uploading at full resolution or a reduced resolution of 2048 x 2048. If you choose the reduced resolution you have unlimited storage of images. Whereas if you choose the full resolution, anything over 2048 x 2048 counts against your available Google Drive space. I don't find this method as user friendly for my needs, I prefer just using Google Drive but the process of backing up photos to Google Drive is a manual process, while using Google+ for this purpose can be set to backup automatically.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the detailed explanation! I've got it!
    10-23-2014 11:54 AM
    As Mhunter said you can use Google + for auto backup. I have it just auto backup full photos to it so I won't have to worry if my phone decides to die on me or whatever happens.
    10-23-2014 01:37 PM
    Can you have them automatically go to Google Drive after you take a picture so you don't need to keep moving them?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-23-2014 02:05 PM
    I have my google+ set to only back up when on the charger and on wifi.

10-23-2014 02:08 PM
    Can you have them automatically go to Google Drive after you take a picture so you don't need to keep moving them?

No Google Drive doesn't have an auto backup setting for pictures, only through Google+. Dropbox will do that though and I use that as a fail safe to make sure nothing gets lost.
    TechNut79 likes this.
    10-23-2014 02:09 PM
    No Google Drive doesn't have an auto backup setting for pictures, only through Google+. Dropbox will do that though and I use that as a fail safe to make sure nothing gets lost.
    That sucks. I wish they'd make that an option.

10-23-2014 02:11 PM