12-03-2016 02:47 AM
97 1234
tools
    I see you have power saving on -- so that may be why.

If it is like that even with it off .. I guess Sprint just decided to clump it all? .
    It remains that way whether on or off. and seeing how it would've been I actually prefer it. One stop shop. Check your batterystats and the click upsm or psm if I feel my battery is dying too fast. Or hell get a quick charge before I leave if I'm near the charger.
    10-23-2014 12:44 PM
    I put it on if I need some fast charging, other than that I leave it off.

GALAXY NOTE 4, GO BIG OR GO HOME
    10-23-2014 02:22 PM
    The way I look at it is the battery and charger were designed to work together. If the charger was doing this on a regular battery I would be concerned with possible long term damage. I trust the engineers that this combo will work all the time together. Mine is always on.
    Good Luck!
    UniQue WerkX and akutch34 like this.
    10-23-2014 03:00 PM
    I see you have power saving on -- so that may be why.

If it is like that even with it off .. I guess Sprint just decided to clump it all? .
    Is having power saving mode on all the time bad?
    10-23-2014 03:37 PM
    Is having power saving mode on all the time bad?
    No - it won't hurt anything .
    thegame161 likes this.
    10-23-2014 03:38 PM
    Yep -- No worries about the battery. It is replaceable if anything did happen but honestly .. by the time that happens you will likely be looking for a new phone. I am going to enjoy the quick charging feature so I can always be mobile.
    I keep it on and it works great! In fact, I've found my battery life is about 30% longer than on my Note 3.
    UniQue WerkX likes this.
    10-23-2014 03:58 PM
    Yea sprint doesn't have "battery". It says "power saving"

Posted via the Android Central App
    Mom2Ninjas likes this.
    10-23-2014 08:36 PM
    Its strange because earlier when I asked about the fast charging, my fast charging option was grayed out. Now it seems to be ok.
    10-23-2014 11:24 PM
    no ! I only turn it on when needed
    Michael Maloney1 likes this.
    10-24-2014 02:26 AM
    I keep it on all the time.
    10-24-2014 02:34 AM
    I charge my phone at night when I go to bed... but just normal... no fast charging.. then during the day.. if I see my batterly is getting a bit on the low side before I leave for home.. I will fast charge it to give it a good boost... then slow charge it again that night...
    Hope that's not bad for the battery... ?
    10-24-2014 03:11 AM
    I keep the fast charging on all the time. Of course, I wait for my battery to drain low before using it of course. No need to charge it if it is 80% or higher. I don't see any harm in keeping it on all time time. It is there for a reason.

UniQue WerkX likes this.
    10-24-2014 04:49 AM
    I am sure Samsung put this feature through testing before mass producing it. These batteries are only good for a couple years at most anyway and by that time you will be typing on your new note 6.
    Or just buy another battery. With replaceable batteries, yay Samsung, this isn't the burning issue it would be on other devices.
    UniQue WerkX and Andrawer like this.
    10-24-2014 06:36 AM
    i was told by samsung to not keep it on due to overheating. your are only supposed to turn ont he feature when you wish do get the 30 min quickcharge, after taht turn it off. it is not meant for charging the battery full but only for the short reccomended increments to turbo charge. this was according to samsung 2 days ago when i talked to the rep. just my opinion but i wouldnt
    10-24-2014 01:28 PM
    no ! I only turn it on when needed
    yes you right, only on when needed then turn it off per samsungs instructions. it will cause overheating in the phone. thats info right from samsung.
    10-24-2014 01:29 PM
    yes you right, only on when needed then turn it off per samsungs instructions. it will cause overheating in the phone. thats info right from samsung.
    Hmm. That is an interesting curveball. Thanks for posting that. But I have to say, just went back to the manual they make available online and it says nothing of the sort. There is just an innocuous recommendation to use fast charging. Why would anyone recommend using something dangerous and not bother to set out any caveats?

You would think that if there were indeed a problem, they'd make that clear. But instead, the phone comes with an auto cue the first time you charge it: "Do you want to use the adaptive charger?" and says nothing else. That would certainly seem likely to make people use it all the time if there isn't going to be a warning to the contrary. After all, if they don't give you a downside, why would anyone want to turn fast charging off? Barring some warning on a downside, surely no one thinks slow charging is a good thing. Once a user turns this on, how many people are really going to keep turning it off and on 5 times a day or every time you go near a charger?? Not many, I'd guess.

It wouldn't be the first time we've heard something from a poorly trained CSR dealing with a brand new feature that they don't really know about. But I'd like to see ANY official documentation that suggests it is dangerous to the phone per se (as opposed to perhaps shortening battery life over a year or so..)
    10-24-2014 02:27 PM
    Its strange because earlier when I asked about the fast charging, my fast charging option was grayed out. Now it seems to be ok.
    "grayed out" mine will go grayed out when I plug it into a usb port on my PC, aka slow charge. Im guessing it will gray out if I use my old GSiii charger as well.
    10-24-2014 04:05 PM
    What is a brick?
    11-04-2014 02:44 PM
    I just called Samsung, and they said there is no reason to turn this off; I've had it on for 3 weeks, and never overheated my phone or battery..
    Its like getting a 4k tv, and only watching it in low def because you dont want to stress the processor...

It wouldnt be an option if it was dangerous for the phone, so stop treating the phone like a tender princess and use it like its intended to be used.

And, I worked for the world leader in battery charging technology for 12 years, so I know alot about this topic...
    11-04-2014 02:51 PM
    What is a brick?
    When we say "Brick" we mean the part of the charger that plugs into the wall and the USB cord plugs into.. the "charging brick" .
    akutch34 likes this.
    11-04-2014 02:51 PM
    There is just an innocuous recommendation to use fast charging. Why would anyone recommend using something dangerous and not bother to set out any caveats?
    I just called Samsung, and they said there is no reason to turn this off; I've had it on for 3 weeks, and never overheated my phone or battery..
    It's definitely not "dangerous" by any means to use fast charge ever, or continuously. And I doubt that the difference in temperature between normal charge and fast charge is noticeable without monitoring equipment.

The most likely reason I can see for having the ability to toggle it on/off is that it does increase stress on the battery to do it--even if it is stress that is designed in and accounted for in the design of the device and the battery itself.

Do I think anyone will harm their phone or their battery by using the fast charge function? Absolutely not. Do I think there will be a news story within the next 6 months about some poor soul who set their pillow on fire while fast charging? Yep, because you can't make this stuff up in America any more.

I think it is possible that it will shorten the service life of the battery to use fast charge every night to charge, even when you don't need to. But that is a relative statement, too. I have yet to own a smartphone that I didn't wind up replacing the entire device with a new one around the same time the battery's performance started to degrade. I doubt that it will be much different with the Note 4.

Want to use fast charge every night? Go for it, I doubt you'll ever notice a problem.

Want to turn off fast charge when you don't feel it is necessary? Go for it, I doubt you'll notice the difference in service life.
    monsieurms likes this.
    11-04-2014 03:40 PM
    I don't care if it affects the battery. The ability to replace degraded batteries is why I buy devices with removable batteries.
    Statastic and UniQue WerkX like this.
    11-04-2014 06:39 PM
    Go to setting>power saving.

11-04-2014 08:17 PM
    Lol. OK so yours says battery.

Whereas mines only says powersaving.

I'm not understanding what the issue was
    Settings/battery top of Window. There's a battery setting and there's a power saving setting.
    11-05-2014 12:00 AM
    I don't keep it on. I charge my phone overnight pretty much every night. Ergo no need to make it work any faster. If I need it I use it.
    11-05-2014 04:17 AM
97 1234