Note 4: Do you keep fast charging on?

BarfingMonkey

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
There has to be a reason why they have an option to turn it off. I'll use it when necessary, but I keep it off, since I keep it charging from my computer.

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
K
5997b35a383aea3c16fb8f0a368502d1.jpg
4205e956c0adc70259c515579b0c76ad.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
There has to be a reason why they have an option to turn it off. I'll use it when necessary, but I keep it off, since I keep it charging from my computer.

When charging from the computer it won't use it even if it is enabled. You will notice fast charging when you plug into the wall -- the phone will scroll the message that the Adaptive Fast Charger has been connected.

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I see you have power saving on -- so that may be why.

If it is like that even with it off .. I guess Sprint just decided to clump it all? :).
It remains that way whether on or off. and seeing how it would've been I actually prefer it. One stop shop. Check your batterystats and the click upsm or psm if I feel my battery is dying too fast. Or hell get a quick charge before I leave if I'm near the charger.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I put it on if I need some fast charging, other than that I leave it off.

GALAXY NOTE 4, GO BIG OR GO HOME

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
The way I look at it is the battery and charger were designed to work together. If the charger was doing this on a regular battery I would be concerned with possible long term damage. I trust the engineers that this combo will work all the time together. Mine is always on.
Good Luck!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Do you keep fast charging on?

Yep -- No worries about the battery. It is replaceable if anything did happen but honestly .. by the time that happens you will likely be looking for a new phone. I am going to enjoy the quick charging feature so I can always be mobile.

I keep it on and it works great! In fact, I've found my battery life is about 30% longer than on my Note 3.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Its strange because earlier when I asked about the fast charging, my fast charging option was grayed out. Now it seems to be ok.

JaneGI

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I charge my phone at night when I go to bed... but just normal... no fast charging.. then during the day.. if I see my batterly is getting a bit on the low side before I leave for home.. I will fast charge it to give it a good boost... then slow charge it again that night...
Hope that's not bad for the battery... ?

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I keep the fast charging on all the time. Of course, I wait for my battery to drain low before using it of course. No need to charge it if it is 80% or higher. I don't see any harm in keeping it on all time time. It is there for a reason.

Posted via the Android Central App

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

I am sure Samsung put this feature through testing before mass producing it. These batteries are only good for a couple years at most anyway and by that time you will be typing on your new note 6.

Or just buy another battery. With replaceable batteries, yay Samsung, this isn't the burning issue it would be on other devices.

Michael Maloney1

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

i was told by samsung to not keep it on due to overheating. your are only supposed to turn ont he feature when you wish do get the 30 min quickcharge, after taht turn it off. it is not meant for charging the battery full but only for the short reccomended increments to turbo charge. this was according to samsung 2 days ago when i talked to the rep. just my opinion but i wouldnt

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon