Note 4 signal strength

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile in San Diego NC, and so far, I've seen strong signals where I know T-Mo has strong signals. Inside stores or warehouse, where I know T-Mo fails, I'm still seeing little to no signal at all.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Verizon signal is very strong at home in Ypsilanti, MI.

I work near Ann Arbor, MI in Scio Township. My Note 3 always had problem inside the building, with no or very little signal. So far, on Note 4, I have been getting decent 3G in the building (4G outside).

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Verizon here , in my basement that's always a hard spot to get signal I was able to watch youtube and maintain a call at the same time . that's never really happened with any other phone ive owned on Verizon and ive had all of them I guess. im gonne go back down and try it again just to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile-Liberty Hill Texas. With my Note 3 I would usually get edge or no signal at all at home. Occasionally the phone would stay locked into the LTE signal on my way home from work for a little while. But with the Note 4, I'm now getting LTE at home continuously. I'm sure it is probably a coincidence with either a new tower or upgraded tower. But it's a welcome coincidence. Otherwise my signals have been strong all around Austin.

Posted via the Android Central App

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Sprint..Baltimore MD....4G but 1 bar...super fast tho. I can only imagine if I had 3 or 4 bars

Oh I have Sprint

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Plainfield IL, and my signal is 5 bars even in my basement. Does help tho AT&T tower is half a block away lol

jtaclas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting much better signal than from my nexus 5. But then again, that's just bars. They roughly have the same speed test results. The note 4 does hold on to LTE better and longer though. Also VoLTE is awesome!

Derek Stapleton

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I am trying Verizon for the first time. My reception has been great. No issues even get reception in areas I would lose signal before. I am very happy!

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprint..Baltimore MD....4G but 1 bar...super fast tho. I can only imagine if I had 3 or 4 bars

Oh I have Sprint
For some reason the Sprint version are only showing one bar when on LTE. The actual signal is better probably.
I am sure this will be fixed in a future release.
Good Luck!

twooit

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

Oh I have Sprint

That's surprising for sprint in an urban area. I have tmobile and live in Baltimore. I haven't seen less than 4 bars.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Tmobile Fort Lauderdale great signal, stays locked on 4G LTE at home and in most places. Found a few weak spots.

wooddale

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You guys getting 4G where you didn't get it before do you have a data connection? I have a Droid Maxx and sometimes it stays locked on 4G but really doesn't have a data connection. Thanks

GPtimes2

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
You guys getting 4G where you didn't get it before do you have a data connection? I have a Droid Maxx and sometimes it stays locked on 4G but really doesn't have a data connection. Thanks

I traded my Droid Razr Maxx HD for the Note 4 hoping it would hold a better signal. At work I would have to toggle airplane mode to get the 4G signal and then I would loose it at times with the razr. I would say it is a borderline area for reception witch is a good test for signal. With the note 4 I do have to toggle airplane mode to get 4G but it holds the signal better once I get it, So I would say it has slightly better connection. Both phones would show 3G instead of 4G when this happens. I never had either show 4G and not have what seemed like a connection. Hope this helps.

QBert

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Verizon, upgraded from the S3 a week ago. I have noticed much better signal in areas where I used to struggle with my S3. I haven't compared the actual signal strength, but performance is much improved (my guess is better radios in the Note 4), which is what matters to me.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
When I first got my verizon note 4 my signal strength was really a lot worse then my g3. Now I am getting full lte bars and strength very similar to my g3 at home. I think the phone might have had an outdated or bad prl.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got my note 4 couple days ago... the signal strength doesn't look too good... I came from an iPhone and usually I have 3-4 bars, but on the Note 4, I barely even get one or two bars, although the LTE is still fast even though the signal is low.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Charlotte nc. On vzw but not that great of a 4g connection surprisingly. 4g in Orlando FL was amazingly fast though.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad