Just curious if anyone is able to see emojis when they are sent to your Note 4 and if people can send yours when you send them? I thought it was just an Android issue because on my HTC One I could only every see emojis in text messages when it was sent in a group message and now it's the exact way on my Note 4. Well, I have a friend who has a Galaxy S5 and she can see emojis no matter what phone they are sent from, whether group message or not, and she's using the stock samsung messaging app and done nothing to her phone to show emojis. It has been working like that since day one. I don't know if I have to change something in the settings or what but I've become really agitated by this because, of course, Samsung is no help with this issue so if anyone could let me know their results I'd greatly appreciate it.
    10-23-2014 06:22 PM
    If your having an issue with emoji, open your messages app, tap the three dot menu button (upper right of screen), tap settings, tap text messages settings, tap input mode, select automatic. See if that helps
    bwright16 likes this.
    10-23-2014 06:50 PM
    in my text message settings theres only one thing in it "Auto Combination" and that is all there is.
    10-23-2014 07:01 PM
    in my text message settings theres only one thing in it "Auto Combination" and that is all there is.
    What carrier are you on? You may want to try a different messaging app, Textra or Chomps are good alternatives. Hangouts works good too. One of them may allow you to send and receive them if this is an issue with your carrier and the standard messaging app.
    bwright16 likes this.
    10-23-2014 07:15 PM
    I'm with Sprint. Maybe that is why. I have tried Chomp and Handscent and only a select few of emojis would go through and those were the only ones I can receive as well.
    10-23-2014 07:36 PM