What options do you enable/disable in Developer Options?

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I generally like turning on USB Debugging, mostly because I am used to having it turned on for an old app that let me tether my device without having Verizon charge me for tethering (although I use the Wireless Hotspot now so that's no longer necessary). I also had to leave it on in order to root my old Android devices. What features do you turn on/off and why? No need to get specific if you're doing some "proprietary" stuff on your phone.

If you haven't enabled Developer mode, you have to go to your Settings, About Phone, scroll down to Build Number and tap it several times. If you're not sure what Developer Mode is then you probably shouldn't bother enabling it since I know some people will want it just to have it without knowing what it's for.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I enable developer options to turn down animations to off or .5 and to turn on usb debugging.

Oh yeah I forgot about the animation items. I wonder if it helps much considering how many cores we have on our devices, although from a minimalist's perspective, I can see wanting to get rid of all the extra "cutesy" stuff that is just meant as eye candy.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Oh yeah I forgot about the animation items. I wonder if it helps much considering how many cores we have on our devices, although from a minimalist's perspective, I can see wanting to get rid of all the extra "cutesy" stuff that is just meant as eye candy.

All of the animations drive me insane along with the "bloop" sound. I turn that sound off as well. I like the minimalist feel, the phone is super fast with the animations at a minimum.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
All of the animations drive me insane along with the "bloop" sound. I turn that sound off as well. I like the minimalist feel, the phone is super fast with the animations at a minimum.

I can see that "blooop" sound being a bit irritating. I'm not sure who that's supposed to impress.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Apparently the Koreans do. They have allot of rice patties so water is always on their mind!

That bwip sound is annoying like nails on a chalk board.

Posted via the Android Central App

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow, turned off animations as I did with my note 3 and this thing is super quick lol

GALAXY NOTE 4, GO BIG OR GO HOME

MrVang2525

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
The only thing that is more annoying than the bwip sound, is the person having serious issue with other ethnic background. Haven't you ever heard of the term,"Don't like it, then don't get it!" AIn't nobody forcing you to listen to it. All it takes is a little bit of brain knowledge and motor skill to flip that switch off. Even a baby knows how to to turn it off just by observing what each button does and just flip it off without a complaint.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
How, may I ask, do you turn off the "bloop" sounds? I cannot see this anywhere in my dev options menu although, it's probably staring me right in the face. The bloop sound I'm talking about is the one when you say, open a link in twitter or any other app, and it opens the browser about 3/4 screen in a window and the little dot you can touch to close, expand the window, etc. makes the sound when touched. Thats the one I'm concerned about. The other bloop sounds in the regular settings menu have already been disabled.

Also, to go along with this post, I turn off all animations in dev options. So far, that is all.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance