03-31-2017 11:46 AM
336 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    The camera is supposed to be lose unless active...... that is the OIS kicking it once the camera app is opened we have roughly 15 note 4s that I have issues at work and all rattle and all stop rattling once the camera is activated and they all seem to focus just fine.. here is a pic of one of our drones we flew yesterday:

Note 4 Camera/Focus Problem-20150623_155234.jpg
    06-24-2015 07:48 PM
    @DavidS72 - Glad you got it repaired. I wouldn't be surprised if you got a new display assembly since the display has to be removed to get to the motherboard connections in order to ultimately remove the camera module. I ordered the camera and may end up doing the repair myself but will decide later... 20 bucks for the module so if I chicken out its no biggie.
    06-24-2015 08:26 PM
    I'm having the same focus issues with my T Mobile Note 4, what really sucks is my friend has no such issues on her iPhone 6 plus, the pictures when they do focus are way way better on my Note 4 than on the 6 plus when I do A/B comparisons,,, I love my N4 and love the 6 plus less but I might be checking out the newest iPhone this September as the camera is very important for me,,,,, if I have to go back to an iPhone because of a camera I'm sooooo going to miss my N4,,, wonder if the focus issue will be resolved with the Note 5 ?????
    06-25-2015 11:54 AM
    Shame you can't use the $20 camera in stand-alone mode! Anyway, good luck and please keep us posted.
    06-25-2015 04:31 PM
    Just got my UK note 4 back from Samsung as the camera was buzzing badly when focusing. The notes from the repair just said recalibration done and resets and it has passed all tests.

I turn on the camera and straight away loud buzzing, waited 2 weeks and got nowhere I shall contact Samsung tomorrow
    07-03-2015 07:59 PM
    I have this problem on my Note Edge.
    07-04-2015 02:07 AM
    Note crap is one of the worst phone ever
    I replaced my note 4
    I just got it today
    The problem with the auto focus is a lose camera
    If you shake it it'll focus fast
    Now I have a new note and a new freaking problem
    The screen half of it is brighter then the rest wtf
    07-08-2015 03:38 AM
    Hitting the reset settings button in the camera settings worked for me it appears - thank you for posting the recommendation. Prior I was waiting 30sec to over a minute and pointing the thing at every object I could find to get it to focus. After doing this step it appears to focus just under 1-2 seconds.
    07-10-2015 02:32 PM
    I had this problem too... it started after I found the protective film and removed it.
    Finally fixed it by resetting picture size in the options to 1:1
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    07-12-2015 03:24 PM
    I had this problem too... it started after I found the protective film and removed it.
    Finally fixed it by resetting picture size in the options to 1:1
    Hello and welcome to Android Central!

This is something that I wouldn't have known about had I not watch one of the many YT Videos on the SGN.IV that addressed the protective film on the camera's lens. Glad I found out ahead of time.

Enjoy!
    07-12-2015 11:38 PM
    I exchanged my note4 for a newer note4
    The problem of the auto focus is loose camera
    If you shake it itll focus much faster

With the new note4 they fixed that problem
    Neo_ii_Droid likes this.
    07-16-2015 03:01 PM
    Follow up on mine, sent my phone in for camera module replacement and got it back last week. All is well with the camera now.

There's likely bad batches of camera modules out there.
    07-16-2015 06:14 PM
    auto, ive tried all other modes and it still does this, when i try selfie mode the photos come out perfect even long shots, the back camera works great for shots a couple inches away, as i move the camera back it blurs out
    07-26-2015 01:29 PM
    Try auto mode and zoom in and out. That works for me.
    07-26-2015 01:32 PM
    i just got a new Note 4 from ATT unlocked, and saw this issue, cant believe i have a $700 phone and doesnt work fine. I spent a lot of time reading different comments and tried everything. At this time i just see 2 solutions: 1 - get the camera module and replace it by my self 2 - make the ro.ril.sensor.sleep.control=0 root mod but i dont have any idea of how to do it.

Does all the member who replace the camera fix the problem?. Dont want the replace a module and have the same issue after all.

Best Regards,
    07-26-2015 09:27 PM
    i just got a new Note 4 from ATT unlocked, and saw this issue, cant believe i have a $700 phone and doesnt work fine. I spent a lot of time reading different comments and tried everything. At this time i just see 2 solutions: 1 - get the camera module and replace it by my self 2 - make the ro.ril.sensor.sleep.control=0 root mod but i dont have any idea of how to do it.

Does all the member who replace the camera fix the problem?. Dont want the replace a module and have the same issue after all.

Best Regards,
    Before you decide to replace the module yourself be aware that the screen has to be separated from the motherboard to reconnect the ribbon cables of various components that need to be removed during the replacement process. If you're skilled in removing screens this can be a risk worth taking, if not then consider warranty replacement or taking it to a phone repair shop.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    07-27-2015 11:53 AM
    thanks a lot for your advice, now i wonder if the module is the real problem, at least i tried everything and the only fix is to shake or hit the phone.
    07-27-2015 02:23 PM
    thanks a lot for your advice, now i wonder if the module is the real problem, at least i tried everything and the only fix is to shake or hit the phone.
    If when the issue is happening you're hearing a buzz/squeal sound from the camera then yes that's the optical image stabilizer having trouble stabilizing the lens. The module replacement will fix that.

I can tell you that prior to having mine replaced when I'd shake the device around there'd be a clicking sound from the camera as if the lens was rattling around inside. That sound is less pronounced now that the camera was repaired. Also when the issue was occuring (and the buzzing sound was heard) if I faced the camera straight up momentarily and brought it back to point horizontally it would often temporarily fix the issue. I found this to be much more effective than slapping the phone around.

There are obviously different issues for different people. I'm specifically speaking of the hardware issue where the OIS has issues and it makes noise and the camera cannot function properly when it occurs.
    07-27-2015 05:07 PM
    i dont hear any noise from the rear camera, but the focus do work when i shake or hit the phone. If i use another app and goes back to the camera it works just fine but after a few min. or maybe an hour or 2 it doesnt focus again.
    07-27-2015 05:25 PM
    i dont hear any noise from the rear camera, but the focus do work when i shake or hit the phone. If i use another app and goes back to the camera it works just fine but after a few min. or maybe an hour or 2 it doesnt focus again.
    May not be hardware then in your case. Especially if the focus issues never appear in other camera applications.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    07-27-2015 11:21 PM
    seems that facebook, etc has the same issue if i try to use the camera, no fast focus. At this point im sending my note 4 to samsung and replace under warranty. I think is the best option.
    muzzy996 likes this.
    07-27-2015 11:35 PM
    It's the hdr mode shut off..not the protective lens you retards
    08-06-2015 09:53 PM
    I had issues with my new note 4 edge which I got about 3 months ago frm overseas. So I did not have the option of getting a new one....The camera literary took about 1- 2 minutes to get the focus right and sometimes more. I tried all methods like clearing cache, changing the settings, having just auto mode, HDR off..etc and non seems to work. Then finally, I just tapped the middle screen and yay... it worked. As soon as u switch on the camera on ur note 4 edge, trying tapping the middle of the screen couple of times and the focus comes almost instantly in seconds!
    08-12-2015 01:09 PM
    Try tapping the phone couple of times after u on the camera... it focuses immediately...
    08-12-2015 01:12 PM
    Try tapping the phone couple of times after u on the camera... it focuses immediately...
    No it does not... That is what I used to do with my Nexus all the time. On the Note 4 it does nothing. I've literally tried everything but i'm fed up with the camera and the Note 4.
    08-13-2015 04:10 PM
336 ... 910111213 ...