03-31-2017 11:46 AM
336 ... 1011121314
tools
    thanks so much you have made me very happy
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-18-2015 09:50 AM
    The camera reset did help minimize the time to start focusing, tremendously.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-18-2015 10:06 AM
    Found this fix on another sight... so far so good.. i just marked all the modes.. keeping my fingers crossed

EDIT: It looks like it is also required to go under the Camera app "Mode"; select "Manage Modes"; and, only select "Virtual Tour". Not sure why, but that mode needs to be there; or, this fix wont work.
    08-19-2015 09:18 AM
    Try going to mode settings and making sure all are marked.. especially virtual mode. . I marked them all and after 4 weeks of problems it seems to be working. .
    08-19-2015 09:20 AM
    The camera reset did help minimize the time to start focusing, tremendously.

And... Back to normal. It actually won't even focus until I smack it.

08-19-2015 01:46 PM
    And... Back to normal. It actually won't even focus until I smack it.

Check your settings within the camera or try another app. I use Camera FV-5, but there are lots of good ones out there.
    08-19-2015 11:53 PM
    Same focus problem on my camera, quick shake with camera on solves the problem
    08-29-2015 06:45 AM
    If your camera isn't focusing correctly you got a defective phone and need to have Samsung repair or replace it. My first note 4 wouldn't focus unless u hit it on the side a bunch of times. Got it replaced and have no problems with it at all now

08-29-2015 03:07 PM
    Many different phones, many different issues. Mine seemed to clear up some when I selected Mode / Managed Modes and cleared all modes checked. It's focusing faster on Camera start up, not 100% but more so on it's own than having to shake it, alter close to far focus, etc.

It's been an unfortunate pain considering the camera has good picture taking ability, but if you can't get the shot at the second you need to, it's useless.
    09-13-2015 06:52 PM
    They had to replace my phone at 6 1/2 months because it was progressively worse until NO focus at all. Note 4 was on backorder, it took almost 2 weeks to get the swap out phone. Works beautifully again.
    Sadly, they charged me a discounted amount for shipping And they would not replace the expensive screen protector that went with the defective phone. I wouldn't have been able to take it off and manage to re-affix it smoothly in any lifetime! I'm still paying monthly for it too!

09-14-2015 07:18 AM
    They had to replace my phone at 6 1/2 months because it was progressively worse until NO focus at all. Note 4 was on backorder, it took almost 2 weeks to get the swap out phone. Works beautifully again.
    Sadly, they charged me a discounted amount for shipping And they would not replace the expensive screen protector that went with the defective phone. I wouldn't have been able to take it off and manage to re-affix it smoothly in any lifetime! I'm still paying monthly for it too!

What carrier do you have? Also, I am curious to know the color phone of your replacement and whether it comes with 5.1.1 out of the box. I have TMobile, and the Loyalty Department was able to credit me the shipping cost, $20 for the irreplaceable screen protector, and another $20 for the inconvenience. I had to ask for these things though.
    09-14-2015 07:36 AM
    I have TMobile also. I called & whined enuff that they did give me a $50 inconvenience fee. But! They had said the phone would come next day...I had to call and ask where you send my new phone? Someone rowing a boat from Japan to bring it directly to me? Then they told me backorder, 2 weeks...blah blah. I had to pay $5 shipping which they hadn't mentioned either. Had to call and ask what is this charge on my bill?!?! LOL! If they hadn't been on backorder also, I'd almost talked them into downgrading and sending an S5. I don't use the 'Note' apps anyway. Then I asked for, OK, send me S6 instead. If I wanted to start payments from $00 paid...NOT! I figured they shoulda sent new S6 and transfer what I'd paid in 5 months on my note 4...too bad, they wouldn't go for it, not for lack of trying on my part!

I still think they should cut the $1.35 or $1.65 a month I will be paying for another 15 months for that fabuloso screen I had. Tax and fees on all that I imagine. Plus I'm probly paying top dollar for a refurb phone.

At least I have the sweet camera again. I guess I tuckered out the poor thing taking 1500 pics of anything and everything in a short amount of time.

Yes lollipop version came loaded and ready to go with both Note 4s. I bought mine near end of January 2015 and replacement came mid August.
    My honey has the S5 and I was in there resetting or whatever he wanted it to do a couple weeks ago. I upgraded his to lollipop no problems. He wanted his wallpaper back tho. we got the S5 Feb. 2015,

09-14-2015 11:18 AM
    Takes one to know one

09-14-2015 11:26 AM
    To have a physical keyboard again would be close to heaven on earth!
    But...on the other hand...we wouldn't have the many wonderful smart keyboard apps to prove we are idiots, completely, totally clueless as to what we want to say.
    Then, I think of the many, many entertaining times, usually driving a long distance for vacations and such, I laughed so hard I couldn't breath, or I would fear the unwelcome tiny TT incidents from uncontrollable laughter...so much pleasure derived from the amazing invention of speak to text apps.
    Wow, so much fun...I think I still want my 'real' keyboard back.
    With 2 medium thumbnails you always had near 0 mis-keyed mistakes...
    Thanks for the memories

09-14-2015 11:48 AM
    i was having the same problem tried evrything but failed most people said it's a hardware issue.. than i was frustrated i knock on the speaker near front cam and then back cam and tell u what it worked out for me..try this one hope this will work for you also.. may be bcz the magnet on the speaker or dust on the points of cam was having the problem.
    09-21-2015 02:01 AM
    I have a note edge and have the same issue as the majourity of you also. Took the film off and played with all settings. Auto mode should always be good enough. Have reset camera settings but problem is still there.
    Xperia z5 premium is my next phone. Samsung have disappointed me this year. 😕

Posted via The Note Edge
    09-24-2015 03:09 AM
    I have a Note Edge with the same issue. It's not bad and I can get it to focus, either a light tap or by quickly having it try to focus close then far away by quickly turning the phone. I had thought about replacing the camera sensor but I'm not sure if I want to bother doing the work since I'll have to replace the digitizer as well.

I do have a question. On my phone if it's not focusing when I first turn it on I've found that it's focusing as close as possible. Can someone(s) else try this test. Turn your camera app on. On mine (I haven't installed 5.1 yet) the round focusing circle comes up showing it's trying to focus. If it's blurry don't hit or tap it. Just put your hand in front of the sensor about a foot away and slowly move it closer. On mine once you are about 2 to 3 inches away my hand is in focus. Home many others do the same.

I'm wondering if the sensor is focusing on the protective glass. I've removed the plastic protective film but never the less the sensor could be trying to focus in on the glass and is at it's limit on how close it can focus. It might explain why changing how it focuses, from spot to meter or area, is a fix for some people. It looks to be pretty easy to replace the glass so if others are having the same issue I'm thinking of removing it and trying to see if it focuses as it should. I'll buy a replacement glass and see if that helps. I'm thinking there could be either some microscopic dust or fine scratches in the glass that the camera is picking up on but you can see with your eye.
    09-25-2015 03:22 PM
    Have you tried the respective focus mode?

Focuses on what you tap on the screen.
    09-28-2015 03:37 PM
    This is due to a software issue in some of the phones. I spent about a half hour on the phone with Samsung and with Tmobile. I was sent a new phone because even after them troubleshooting this would not work properly. The new phone started doing it again so they are sending me another phone. I don't feel I am being nitpicky because for the price of this phone it should work perfectly. They claim that the later phones that were made should not have this problem. Folks please don't let this go without checking with the manufacturer and your service provider.
    10-16-2015 08:45 PM
    This is due to a software issue in some of the phones. I spent about a half hour on the phone with Samsung and with Tmobile. I was sent a new phone because even after them troubleshooting this would not work properly. The new phone started doing it again so they are sending me another phone. I don't feel I am being nitpicky because for the price of this phone it should work perfectly. They claim that the later phones that were made should not have this problem. Folks please don't let this go without checking with the manufacturer and your service provider.
    Your TMobile refurbished replacement phone comes with 5.1.1 or still 5.0.1?
    10-16-2015 09:02 PM
    I had the same problem, except in addition my camera was making a lite grinding noise. I took to carrier and they replaced phone.

10-16-2015 09:12 PM
    I had this exact problem when I got a replacement phone. If you give it a bang to the palm of your hand the focus changes slightly. It's a hardware problem for sure, I walked back in 2 days after receiving it and did another warranty exchange. If you aren't within warranty or have insurance look into cell phone repair, they may or may not be able to replace your camera.

Posted via the Android Central App Note 4
    10-21-2015 03:57 AM
    Going into camera app, only selecting the virtual tour mode seem to have resolved the focus issue with my note 4 vzw.

Thank you for this thread!
    10-21-2015 11:58 PM
    The problems is Hardware, I just took it to change the camera (hardware) to a repair shop, and problems fixed, the new camera is focusing right away always, with the last one I had to hit it a little bit and it will focus. Samsung and T-Mobile didn't care about their customers and prefer to avoid the problem that will cost millions of dollars. Next time double check a Samsung/T-Mobile before the 15 day windows so you can return it.
    11-06-2015 03:12 AM
    I have the same problem sometimes. And first 3 months all is ok. And i think after Android 5.0 this priblem begins. Sometimes all is ok 2-3 days then some time again ficus problem. I have N910C international version.

I hsve recorded video if this issue and posted it to YouTube.

https://youtu.be/YF0taNytnks
    11-13-2015 02:11 PM
336 ... 1011121314