Note 4 Camera/Focus Problem

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
The problem with my camera is not blurriness, but graininess. It's EXTREMELY grainy, you wouldn't think it's a 16 MP camera, my old S3 had a better and clearer camera. If I used the flash and hold the phone up close to a subject, it is clear buy you can still see weird grains in the back ground. On top of that, I can't always use a flash, especially in people's faces or in clear daylight... It looks kinda silly

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Now My phone had a problem with focusing and it was fixed with settings and the Meter setting by putting spot.

MY can hear a rattle when I Shake the phone and its clear that its the camera.
Would Samsung fix this? Did yours rattle when you shook it also?

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Now My phone had a problem with focusing and it was fixed with settings and the Meter setting by putting spot.

MY can hear a rattle when I Shake the phone and its clear that its the camera.
Would Samsung fix this? Did yours rattle when you shook it also?

URiURi

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Howdy and greetings from Germany,

just found this thread searching for a solution about that focus problem.
Some wrote the edge wouldn't have this problem.
I have an edge and don't have this problem, my GF has an edge too and she is facing the same problems mentioned here.
I'll try the suggestions I read here about reset preferences, deselecting modes, etc. this coming weekend.
Thanks for those hints in advance

Question: Where can I find the HW-Rev. mentioned in a post few pages back?

Dan29466

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
My daughter just came to me with this problem on a Note4 that we got for her yesterday. None of the settings made any difference, so I turned the phone off and slapped it against my palm with the camera hitting the fleshy part of my palm twice, then turned it over and smacked the screen against my palm twice. Viola, problem solved.

Dan

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
My daughter just came to me with this problem on a Note4 that we got for her yesterday. None of the settings made any difference, so I turned the phone off and slapped it against my palm with the camera hitting the fleshy part of my palm twice, then turned it over and smacked the screen against my palm twice. Viola, problem solved.

Dan

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
After "experimenting" with some of the settings on my SGN.IV Camera, I've found that when I manually set the Exposure Value (+2) and Metering Mode (Matrix) the failure to focus or other focusing problems some are experiencing are almost nil. What I've found that when doing indoor shooting (mostly of food and the like) I would experience that camera still trying to focus on the object/subject. And that would mostly be while the Metering Mode is set to Spot. When set to Matrix, the focus is pretty much instantaneous. That's what I've observed with my specific Note.IV's Camera. Of course Your Methods May Vary accordingly so.

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I never would have believed this would work, but I read on another forum where someone posted a similar fix. I have had a Verizon Note 4 since November and I was about ready to give up on it because of the focusing issue. My prior phone was a Note 2 and I loved the camera on it so I was really excited about all of the improvements to the N4 camera, but the focusing problems rained hard on that parade. Early this week, I was seriously thinking about ditching the N4 and Verizon and getting the new Blackberry and going back to TMobile, but something told me to Google "Note 4 focusing issue" and boy was it an eye opener. The fix I read was similar, turn phone off and smack the back side of camera end of phone in palm of your hand at least 6 times, power on and the problem should be fixed and it was however, a second beating might be necessary or at least thats what I read. It focuses instantly now at any distance and I have taken dozens of pics in bright sunlight as well as inside in normal and low light and the pictures are phenomenal. I can't help but wonder if the problem is directly related to the Optical Image Stabilization getting stuck since I read where it is a mechanical process. Either way, the problem is gone and I am content once again with my Samsung phone, but that new BB sure sounds like a neat phone especially for those that love physical keyboards.

Last edited:

Petegunns

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Although you may want to keep your stock setup, if you are willing to root, there is a phenomenal ROM that addresses the camera issues in dramatic fashion. Just search Poprocks V3 on XDA. It's a lollipop TW ROM for most variants... Top benefit for me is the fact that my note runs cooler, battery lasts forever, and keeping with the point of this thread, the camera is now epic.

Sent from my Palm Pilot

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I had a focus issue with my original Note 4, it literally took 10-15 seconds before it would focus on anything and shaking it did nothing. I reset all the camera settings and it still didn't work so I tried resetting the phone to factory which didn't fix the issue either. I exchanged the phone (only had it for 12 days) and the new one was perfect. Fast forward 3 months and I'm noticing this one starting to do the same but with a little shake it will focus right away were as this didn't work with the original one. Seems to be a pretty common problem with the camera's in the Note 4. A co-worker with a Note 4 just had to exchange his because when he launched the camera app it would read camera failed... even with a factory reset.

IrishRoverGS

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
OK... I didn't think it would work either but Slapping it on my knee dd it..

Thanks Samsung for another pile of JUNK!!

Time to move on to another Manufacturer ..!:cool:

Kyle Hopkins

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
My note 4 does not focus. Not on anything any further away that 2 feet. I can eventually get it to focus but I should not have to go through holding my hand infront of it and slowly pulling it away to get the thing to focus.

Burkeffs

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same exact problem with my camera. First 5 or 6 months the note 4 rear camera was FLAWLESS. Even with the protective film lens on. I took it off when it was still perfect and a couple weeks later it got blurry. I tried taking focused pics with her on AND off still with no luck. I tried every mode and the same blur happens on snapchat and my camera. Even happens when I'm taking a picture in a lighted room. I've exhausted every possible way to make it better by messing with settings. Please tell me Im not screwed

Burkeffs

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Wow I just wrote the longest message and this cite wouldn't even post it. BASICALLY, I've tried all and every suggestion in this thread, and it's still blurry. Please tell me Im not screwed