03-31-2017 10:46 AM
336 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Hi Mike,
    I know there's a one year manufacturer warranty. I'm actually in the middle of using it right now. Weather conditions have delayed my phone delivery so I have to wait a few more days until I get my phone back from Samsung. I'm only asking Nicole because instead of going through Samsung, if att would just send me a new phone, that would be much more efficient than me sending my phone in for service like I already have. It's a better deal if you ask me, getting a new phone instead of a repair on your old phone.
    I decided not to go through Samsung because they were going to "fix" it, and it would take forever.. I bought my phone at att, but if you have att and bought it from walmart, they will warranty it. Just call an att store near you and ask if they have a warranty claim center near by that will swap it out, if they don't you call att warranty claim and they will ask you some questions then send you a new phone.
    02-18-2015 05:08 PM
    This is as per T-mobile!!

Reset the Camera settings and retest.
    From the Home screen, open the Apps tray.
    Tap Camera.
    Tap the Settings icon.
    Tap Reset settings.
    Reboot the device into Safe Mode and retest. If the camera is able to focus while in Safe mode, a 3rd party app has been installed and will need to be uninstalled.
    If the above steps do not work contact customer care.

It seems like it may be a hardware component, so an OTA may not present a fix, only a device exchange. If I end up with more information, I will be sure to share.

Otherwise, please follow the steps, I definitely understand it may not be related to third parties, but for now, those are the steps we have to try, and if they don't work, feel free to contact us directly so we can reference the IMEI and explore any needed exchange options!

If any new info comes up, I'll be back to share!

Hot off the presses

#note4nearsighted

#note4focusgate
    sledgie#AC likes this.
    02-19-2015 02:33 PM
    Just got my phone back from samsung yesterday. Everything works perfectly. Camera focuses right away. No GPS signal losses. Got a brand new screen. The only thing that really sucks is the chrome part of the aluminum band has a bunch of tiny scratches now, but they can only be seen at certain angles and in light. Wish I contacted att instead for a replacement, but now I'll know for next time.
    02-21-2015 01:32 PM
    So what's the fix? My new note 4 takes forever to focus. It focuses quickly very very close shots but it's blurry on every setting.
    02-21-2015 05:41 PM
    Def had the same issue and went to AT&T store and they looked at the phone. They determined that it was able to replaced so they ordered me one and now I'm waiting on it. But on the good side they let me keep my old phone until the new one came in.
    02-22-2015 06:05 PM
    I'm having the same camera focus problem. Has anyone who received a replacement or exchanged for a new one started having trouble after some time has passed? I'm worried if I exchange my phone at AT&T since I'm still within the 14 day period that I might develop this problem after a few months and be stuck with it. If it's going to be a huge cluster to own a Samsung product I would rather give another company my business.
    02-23-2015 04:51 AM
    I'm having the same camera focus problem. Has anyone who received a replacement or exchanged for a new one started having trouble after some time has passed? I'm worried if I exchange my phone at AT&T since I'm still within the 14 day period that I might develop this problem after a few months and be stuck with it. If it's going to be a huge cluster to own a Samsung product I would rather give another company my business.
    I wouldn't worry about that at all. I've seen this issue a lot in these forums and certainly had it myself with my first Note 4. From what I've experienced myself and read here you either have the issue all the time or not. It does not seem to be something that develops.

I would recommend going to the AT&T store as close to yesterday as possible and having the device replaced. When they replaced my device the replacement was/is flawless and the camera operates as expected.

...or if you have, due to this experience, lost faith in the Note 4 I can personally attest that the Note Edge is a great alternative and could have easily been named the "Note 4 Plus", "Note 4 Elite" or "Note 4 Extreme". The -200 mah in battery is negligible and is not noticeable on mine.
    02-23-2015 10:04 AM
    I had my first Note 4 for 7 days and exchanged it as it took 10-15 seconds before it would focus on anything regardless of the distance and tapping on the screen to select focus of an object. I'm on 2 full weeks with the replacement and it is still locking focus automatically within 1 second of launching the camera. With my first unit it was probably the the third day of having it that I finally launched the camera app and started playing with it and noticed the issue, so I'm assuming it had it from day one and wasn't something that developed over time. I was starting to doubt my purchase decision when I encountered this but in getting my replacement and having the camera function as it should I'm a very happy owner and glad I stuck with it.
    02-23-2015 03:20 PM
    THE QUICK SHAKE fixes it for me! Samsung Note 4 on Tmobile, CM12 nightly ...

It was always opening completely blurry (just not autofocusing) on the main camera, and crystal clear on the selfie camera ... I'd noticed though that sometimes it went away and then would focus after that, so I thought there might be some random fix ... Tapping autofocus wouldn't do it, switching cams back and forth didn't do it, QUICK SHAKE OF PHONE made it immediately focus. Next time it focused immediately as well. Who knows if will always work, but definitely worth a shot for an easy quickfix!!

Haalycon thank you !!
    02-25-2015 10:51 AM
    So your going to be shaking a $700 device to make the camera work? Def get an exchange for that device. Worked for me!
    02-25-2015 03:34 PM
    This is a known issue, call your carrier so that they can get you a new phone. it's not software!
    02-25-2015 03:36 PM
    So your going to be shaking a $700 device to make the camera work? Def get an exchange for that device. Worked for me!
    My thought was if constantly shaking the phone intentionally might have some negative effect.

G3 πŸ“±πŸ­
    02-25-2015 04:11 PM
    Absolute!! Your going to cause more harm than good. I've seen seem post where people say you need to "light tap" or "hit the device" to get it to work. Yea, keep hitting the device and see what comes loose. I got a new Note 4-and it's a huge difference when it comes to the camera, it's instant. The bad thing is, I forgot to get a new screen protector . So, waiting for that to come. In the mean time, using my Note 2 which is still a solid device.
    02-26-2015 10:17 AM
    Mine will not focus at distances more than ~4"...in any mode... Even the front facing camera is blurry at short distances.
    02-28-2015 12:23 PM
    I purchased my note 4 thru EBay,...it is unlocked...my carrier is ATT thru Straight Talk.... My rear camera will only focus up to 4-5"s with everything being blurred....my front camera is blurred for both near and far shots. Where can I have this looked at and repaired ?

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-28-2015 08:03 PM
    I just did a online Video Chat with Samsung... JUST NOW... The Tech said they have no ideal this is going on, Said Samsung hasn't heard of this.. I was reading him posts from this and he still didn't know.. I sent him a link and he said "oh" .. Then he said it isn't a software issue or it would have been addressed and fixed.. Told me to return the phone and see about getting another one.. WOW .. and I paid full price for this phone..

I love the Note 4 Screen
    I love the Camera

I don't ever pull out the pen .. I wish there was another phone that compared to the Screen (Size) and (Look) and the camera.. I dont want to go down in size with the Galaxy 6 because it is smaller... This Sucks..

What should I do ???????

Patrick
    02-28-2015 08:32 PM
    How did you contact Samsung ? Where are they located in the USA ?

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-28-2015 09:15 PM
    I just did a online Video Chat with Samsung... JUST NOW... The Tech said they have no ideal this is going on, Said Samsung hasn't heard of this.. I was reading him posts from this and he still didn't know.. I sent him a link and he said "oh" .. Then he said it isn't a software issue or it would have been addressed and fixed.. Told me to return the phone and see about getting another one.. WOW .. and I paid full price for this phone..

I love the Note 4 Screen
    I love the Camera

I don't ever pull out the pen .. I wish there was another phone that compared to the Screen (Size) and (Look) and the camera.. I dont want to go down in size with the Galaxy 6 because it is smaller... This Sucks..

What should I do ???????

Patrick
    Go ahead and return the phone for a replacement. ... or get a Note Edge.

πŸ”‹from the Note 4βœ’ πŸ“’
    03-01-2015 02:15 AM
    I have found a permanent fix...first i open the len outside and found the camera is kinda loose and not fixed position. So i placed something under it to let it not moving around..after that the camera is focus clear instantly every time
    03-02-2015 10:32 AM
    I figured out a way to fix this problem
    Open the Camera -----------> Select Mode------------> Select Manage Modes------------> deselect all the Modes.
    After I did this I never had the camera focus problem.
    I believe it has to do with the Modes so I'm guessing it's a software problem.
    NexusGirlX and robgi1 like this.
    03-03-2015 10:10 PM
    I had the same problem. I took mine to a Samsung Repair Center here in Atlanta Georgia. It is located at 950 West Peachtree Street, Atlanta, Ga., 30309. The technician looked at the camera and determined it fixable. I could take close up shots accurately at about 1- 2 feet away, but anything further was blurry. Auto Focus was trying to focus. But did not. The Repair Center replaced the camera module since it was under warranty for free! Give them a call. Or call Samsung about it.

Samsung issued over the phone a repair ticket. The Atlanta Samsung Repair Center's ph# is 404-748-4088. Good Luck! Oh and BTW they replaced the camera in about an hour and a half!!!! They did a great job! I dropped it off that morning and picked it up after work.
    03-08-2015 01:50 AM
    I figured out a way to fix this problem
    Open the Camera -----------> Select Mode------------> Select Manage Modes------------> deselect all the Modes.
    After I did this I never had the camera focus problem.
    I believe it has to do with the Modes so I'm guessing it's a software problem.
    This seems to be the fix. Thank you!
    03-08-2015 03:10 AM
    glad i found this thread. i have the same issue. ill take my N4 back to ATT tonight! thanks for everyones input
    03-10-2015 03:13 PM
    hello
    I am from Romania. I buy galaxy note 4 dual sim sm-n9100. I have problem with camera photo on this phone, because focalization of camera durring 30-40 sec. I talk with samsung from hong kong an from romania.
    they don t resolve my problem.
    I see on this forum post of one person and he said:
    1.open camera photo
    2.push button mod
    3.disabled all modes, remaining gest automatic
    4.restart phone

with this solution I resolve my problem with focalization camera. now focus of camera principal durring 2-3 sec.
    thanks for people of this forum, because they help me to find an solution, not samsung...
    robgi1 likes this.
    03-10-2015 04:26 PM
    Thanks, removing the plastic on the lens solved the problem for me. I couldn't even tell that there was plastic on the lens until I tried to remove it. Took a couple of attempts.
    03-11-2015 01:10 PM
336 ... 56789 ...