Note 4 Camera/Focus Problem

bvbyckk

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Okay you guys, I think I figured it out!
What I did was go on mode (open your camera up and tap on the left bottom circle}
Then I tapped on Manage Modes and only selected Virtual Tour and unselected all the other ones.

Hope that help..

heathersimon

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Okay you guys, I think I figured it out!
What I did was go on mode (open your camera up and tap on the left bottom circle}
Then I tapped on Manage Modes and only selected Virtual Tour and unselected all the other ones.

Hope that help..

I unselected them all, including Virtual Tour, and that also seemed to help me. Hitting "reset camera settings" worked briefly but it would constantly go blurry again. Now it's just using "auto" and it's fine. I wonder if the rear-camera selfie mode was causing it - weird focal distance issues, perhaps. (And who'd want to use the rear-camera for a selfie with the N4, anyway? Makes no sense.) :)

jkevinmcg

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Went back to the t-Mobile store. They told me they won't replace it since it is outside the 2 week window (4 weeks-I was very busy and thought it was me doing something wrong until I spent a lot of time researching it this weekend). The will ship it to Samsung but want $20 from me. I bought a lot of phones at this particular store in the last 8 months. Won't be going back there again. just got off the phone with Samsung and they sent me a label to ship it back. Won't be buying Samsung phones again either. This is a widespread problem and the people I have spoken with at Samsung have never heard of it. $750 for this phone :-(. Never again!

Chrisp RNN

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
it seems the camera won't focus properly. The close up shots are high quality but for the far shots its all blurry. Its not even that far lets say around 4-5 feet and the picture is blurry. I can get sharp focus on objects closer than 3 feet consistently, even in low light.
other than that the phone runs perfect, anyone know what might be causing this

tmobile version btw

Hi. I have same problem.

Turn camera on, the give the phone a light shake. Problem solved. I'm sending mine back for refund.

scottadus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Its not hardware guys

I restarted my note 4 in safe mode and the autofocus is lightning fast and doesn't stick

so its definitely software or an app causing the problem

Turn off your note 4

then hold volume down while pressing power. as soon as it screen comes on with vibrate let go of power and hold volume down until you see your home screen

you will see safe mode on bottom left

laugh your camera and see, it fixes it. so its software or an app

only app i recently installed is instagram hammy

scottadus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
hmmm i restarted out of safe mode and now it seems to be holding

Its definitely a software thing either the phones software or an app

scottadus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I disable instagram in the application setttings and it seems to be still working after letting sit for 20 minutes. i think its instagram

instgram is preloaded on the note 4 which kind of pisses me off

scottadus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
its doing it again. but safe mode definitely keeps it working, I'm going to leave it in safe mode for an hour and if it stays working, i think we know for sure its software

Pinky Dlamini

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Well I am having s problem taking pics,it says unfortunately gallery has stopped

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• IMG_20150108_080124.jpg
    IMG_20150108_080124.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 51

mkanet

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
It looks like the issue was introduced with one of the Tmobile flavored enhancements to the Samsung Kitkat 4.4 ROM; specifically on the Note4 Tmobile build. It requires you to reset the accelerometer/gyroscope with a gentle shake motion of the phone after starting the Camera app.

Whatever it is, it's a service/app that forgets to let go of the accelerometer/gyroscope. Safemode prevents loading the offending tmobile background service/app (whatever it is). If someone figures out which tmobile service/app is misbehaving, please post here. I will do the same. It may be a hidden system service.

Its not hardware guys

I restarted my note 4 in safe mode and the autofocus is lightning fast and doesn't stick

so its definitely software or an app causing the problem

Turn off your note 4

then hold volume down while pressing power. as soon as it screen comes on with vibrate let go of power and hold volume down until you see your home screen

you will see safe mode on bottom left

laugh your camera and see, it fixes it. so its software or an app

only app i recently installed is instagram hammy

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Just got my Note 4 last Friday and when I launch the camera it won't focus right away even when selecting an object for it to focus on. It takes about a good 10 seconds for it to finally start focusing and is then fine. I just uninstalled Instagram and launched the camera again and it focused right away, will have to keep an eye on it. I upgraded from an S5 as I wanted the larger screen and the focus on that phone was immediate and very responsive. I'm on AT&T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret