Note 4 Camera/Focus Problem

DCuell12

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
it seems the camera won't focus properly. The close up shots are high quality but for the far shots its all blurry. Its not even that far lets say around 4-5 feet and the picture is blurry. I can get sharp focus on objects closer than 3 feet consistently, even in low light.
other than that the phone runs perfect, anyone know what might be causing this

tmobile version btw

DCuell12

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
auto, ive tried all other modes and it still does this, when i try selfie mode the photos come out perfect even long shots, the back camera works great for shots a couple inches away, as i move the camera back it blurs out

DarkUncle

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Might be the protective film is still on your camera lens? Wasn't the easiest peeling that sucker off and might not never have known there was one there if I didn't read about it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
In low light, you will have little depth of field. That means that only the area within the focusing square will be sharp. The square, by default, is in the center, but you can move that square around with your finger to place over the part of the picture you want to be sharpest. In brighter light you will have greater depth of field, where foreground and background will look sharp without having to do anything with the focusing priority.

Posted via Android Central App

anaphora68

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
This is not true.

I'm experiencing the same issue. Any mode, HDR on or off. There is an issue with the camera focusing. I've used other camera apps, as well.

Any other phone doesn't have this problem. It seems like the focus isn't locking. I can confirm this does NOT happen on a Moto X 2014, Droid Maxx and iPhone 6 Plus.

In low light, you will have little depth of field. That means that only the area within the focusing square will be sharp. The square, by default, is in the center, but you can move that square around with your finger to place over the part of the picture you want to be sharpest. In brighter light you will have greater depth of field, where foreground and background will look sharp without having to do anything with the focusing priority.

DCuell12

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
yeah its taking blurry photos from 2-3 feet away on every mode. Selfie mode/front camera work perfect, the rear camera works only if u take a photo from a couple inches away in fine detail.

skippyg

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
It could be a hardware issue because if you look at the photon thread with pics taken most are further than a couple onches away

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Might be the protective film is still on your camera lens? Wasn't the easiest peeling that sucker off and might not never have known there was one there if I didn't read about it.

Just found film over lens. It's not easy to spot and peel off. Certainly would affect picture quality.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Crap, just noticed mine is still on also...

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

anon(3012187)

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

LOL had my phone for 3 days and NOW I'm pulling the film off! Thanks :) Side note, I took 2 pics last night that came out pretty good for having the film there :)

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
My problem is with Selective Focus. It does not work. When I select that mode it wants me to shoot from less than 1.5 feet away. If I shoot from further away, first tapping the screen on what I want to be in focus, I get a message that it can't find the object. Or I get something like "unable to detect the contrast". Furthermore I don't get any indication in preview of the three ranges mentioned in the user manual.

Have you had similar experiences?

Leo3013

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Im having the same issue. Exactly how you describe it. Just wont focus properly. I was taking pictures outside on a clear sunny day and just wouldnt focus. I removed the protective plastic when i first got the phone.

Have you solved the issue?

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
lol guys, the protective film doesn't cover the sensor. it covers everything around it. taking it off changes nothing. mine is still on and my pictures are perfect. it has a cut out hole in the center for the sensor.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Solved the problem - had to read the instructions better. Seems like this mode is limited because the item you want in focus has to be less than 1.5 feet from the camera...but given that limitation, it does work.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing this also. Bad focus. Plastic lens cover is removed

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Is the lens protector also on the Verizon N4? I'm not seeing one and there definitely isn't a separate cutout for the actual lens..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair