Calendar Widget. Really only one?

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So far I only see the 2x2 Calendar widget. Is this really it? I miss the sizeable one that lists upcoming appointments. A 2x2 widget that tells me only what day it is is totally useless except for the rare occasional morning I know what day it is.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I think its only Verizon that kills the large calendar widgets. Very annoying since it shows tasks as well now.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to see a screen shot and/or more info. I am also Verizon. I'll try the one linked below too. I just liked what I had on the Note 3...

I'm on Verizon and I have 4 options including the full page widget.

Posted via the Android Central App

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
the samsung calendar widgets disappear if you change launchers (or at least change to nova like i did). ive seen this on my previous note 3 and on various samsung tablets.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
ee92bee022a20d6c0359e19fb61b9931.jpg

This is the one I will miss and would live to get on my N4. Anybody known if its available somewhere?

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Today calendar widget is a good one, you may want to give it a try.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.underwood.agenda&hl=en&token=_W71m2Wv

It's very nice, but it doesn't show tasks on the calendar.

Ummmm Never mind! This Today one(link below ) is beautiful and way better than what I had. Thanks everyone!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.underwood.agenda&hl=en&token=_W71m2Wv

It's very nice, but it doesn't show tasks on the calendar.

I just want one that will show tasks on the calendar. Is that so much to ask?

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I just want one that will show tasks on the calendar. Is that so much to ask?

Calengoo is awesome. It has 9 widgets and they show tasks (syncs with Google tasks) on them. They are scrollable and have customizable transparency.

If you like customizing your calendar and widgets to exactly how you want them, you will be in customization heaven. Fonts, colors, sizes, transparency, time & date display format, etc... You can set multiple reminders for events. You can back up your settings too so you can restore them later if needed.

The best part is that the month view shows readable text for both tasks and events. Most calendar apps just show useless bars. The month view is zoomable and scrollable.

There's a reason it's rated so high in the Play store. Well worth the money. And the developer is very responsive and adds features regularly.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.calengoo.android&token=SzuA4w-j

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Calengoo is awesome. It has 9 widgets and they show tasks (syncs with Google tasks) on them. They are scrollable and have customizable transparency.

If you like customizing your calendar and widgets to exactly how you want them, you will be in customization heaven. Fonts, colors, sizes, transparency, time & date display format, etc... You can set multiple reminders for events. You can back up your settings too so you can restore them later if needed.

The best part is that the month view shows readable text for both tasks and events. Most calendar apps just show useless bars. The month view is zoomable and scrollable.

There's a reason it's rated so high in the Play store. Well worth the money. And the developer is very responsive and adds features regularly.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.calengoo.android&token=sr2CD3ZF

And the widgets work well w/Nova Launcher. Resize them as big as you want.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, this looks almost perfect.

4 questions:

1) Does it show tasks in the agenda widget, or in a standalone widget?
2) Does it show the task in the app in the month/day view?
3) How does it show untimed tasks?
4) Will it show tasks from any other source, or just google?

TIA for all the help.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, this looks almost perfect.

4 questions:

1) Does it show tasks in the agenda widget, or in a standalone widget?
- yes, shows in agenda widget and has own standalone task widget. Both are scrollable/resizable (awesome).

2) Does it show the task in the app in the month/day view?
- yes, you can show or hide tasks in both. It's up to you.

- all tasks are shown together at either the top of the day or bottom - your choice.

4) Will it show tasks from any other source, or just Google?
- I don't think so. I'll check. But might be a good question for the developer. Maybe there is a plug-in for other task apps.

I've been using Calengoo for 4+ years and also heavily use the tasks feature. Can't live without it.

The Tasks settings menu scrolls for 6 screen worth of options.

If you have any other questions, please ask. I know it's tough to spend $5+ on an app. So if you need more info, glad to help.

For what it's worth, my wife is a calendar nerd. She tried them all and found this one to be the best that meets all her needs.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
- all tasks are shown together at either the top of the day or bottom - your choice.

Sorry, I meant where does it show undated tasks? Also, where does it show overdue tasks? Are they on the date due, or today?

4) Will it show tasks from any other source, or just Google?
- I don't think so. I'll check. But might be a good question for the developer. Maybe there is a plug-in for other task apps.

I already sent him an email. For me, this is the most important feature. If it supports exchange clients (as the current built in app does - but no widgets) its an insta-buy for me.

I know it's tough to spend $5+ on an app.

Not at all. If it will show my task, I would gladly pay twice that or more.

Thanks again for all the help.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I meant where does it show undated tasks?
It's your choice. There is an option for each view (day, agenda, week, month) to either display undated tasks or not. So your day and agenda views can show them and your week and month can hide if you choose. There is also a dedicated Tasks view that shows all tasks, separated into lists.

Also, where does it show overdue tasks? Are they on the date due, or today?
It's your choice. You can show them on the day they were due or have them rollover to be shown on today.

I already sent him an email. For me, this is the most important feature. If it supports exchange clients (as the current built in app does - but no widgets) its an insta-buy for me.

Not at all. If it will show my task, I would gladly pay twice that or more.
Good to know.
Hope it can. Reply back with his response. He's in Germany so might be tomorrow.

Some other settings for tasks :
- hide or show completed tasks
- tasks can be recurring
- can easily convert calendar events into tasks
- tasks can have a priority (1 to 5)
- tasks can have (or not have) due dates
- tasks can have zero or many reminders
- tasks (and events) can be snozed for set time periods (ie 5 min, 15 min, 1 hour, 1 day - add your own time periods of needed)

Thanks again for all the help.
Your welcome!

Any other questions, just ask.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.calengoo.android&token=_46iFKJv

Took your advice.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech