Is there a plastic protective film on the home button that should be peeled off?

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Purchased my Note 4 from Verizon yesterday. I noticed this morning that there is what appears to be an air bubble at the edge of the button, like what appears when adding a plastic screen protector to a phone. Does anyone know if there is a protective film over the button like there was over the screen (for protection during shipping)? I'm hesitant to start peeling away at it, but it does look like a film of some type. Thanks.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Purchased my Note 4 from Verizon yesterday. I noticed this morning that there is what appears to be an air bubble at the edge of the button, like what appears when adding a plastic screen protector to a phone. Does anyone know if there is a protective film over the button like there was over the screen (for protection during shipping)? I'm hesitant to start peeling away at it, but it does look like a film of some type. Thanks.

I didn't have one (or I still don't notice one) on mine, but I'm on AT&T. You seem to already know this, but I'd be careful about picking at the home button since that's where the fingerprint sensor is.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 didn't have one

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have one (or I still don't notice one) on mine, but I'm on AT&T. You seem to already know this, but I'd be careful about picking at the home button since that's where the fingerprint sensor is.
If this isn't a removable plastic film, then I'm very disappointed with Samsung. The home button looks like garbage. This has to be film of some type. Unless anyone can confirm otherwise, I'll have to go back to Verizon today. I haven't taken this phone anywhere or done anything with it, mostly have had it sitting on my desk.

DarkUncle

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I honestly can't tell but I know the camera lens had one that was barely perceptible. If I hadn't read online that there was one there I probably would never have known. Same might be true for the home button though.

Posted via the Android Central App

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I honestly can't tell but I know the camera lens had one that was barely perceptible. If I hadn't read online that there was one there I probably would never have known. Same might be true for the home button though.

Totally missed that plastic on the camera

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I am interested too. But in the past, I have had first hand experience with crappy quality from Samsung, so I would return it if I were you.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Now that you mention it, I just looked at the camera lens and see a little bubble along the edge of the square surrounding the lens. Huh. I started to pick at it a little, but it doesn't seem to be easily removable. So I'm not sure if I should. Kinda like OP.

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Now that you mention it, I just looked at the camera lens and see a little bubble along the edge of the square surrounding the lens. Huh. I started to pick at it a little, but it doesn't seem to be easily removable. So I'm not sure if I should. Kinda like OP.

The lens did have a plastic protective film that I removed in the store. So you're safe doing that. I feel like it's the same situation here with the home button, but it's less obvious. I don't want to damage the home button, but it shouldn't look like it does (which is, that it looks like there is a thin film over it). Should be hard plastic, which won't look like this. I'll take it into Verizon, and have them either confirm that there is plastic film there, or replace the phone.

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Take a piece of tape and stick it to it a few times. If there's plastic on there it will come off. That way you don't have to pick at it.

DarkUncle

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Grrr I can't peel the cover off the camera lens! Any suggestions?

Mini needle nose pliers, or tweezers. Remember, it doesn't cover the lens itself -- it's a square piece of plastic covering the whole square lens opening, with a circular hole in the middle over the lens. So it doesn't actually interfere with photos.

jthouston

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Is it obvious when you look at the lens that there's a film on it. I dont see one on mine. I've got Verizon. Thanks.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Yep I see that there is the center that has no cover. No luck with the tweezers. Gonna try the tape

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Be careful of the plastic on the lens so you don't scratch the paint on the outside of the camera module.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2