Is there a plastic protective film on the home button that should be peeled off?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I've got Verizon too. It's hard to see but yeah there is a super thin film on the lens. A piece of scotch tape did the trick. I almost didn't see it come off. It's small and has a hole in the middle

Posted via the Android Central App

Alexander Burnside

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I think there was a plastic film on it - it is a finger print scanner, after all. I don't remember for certain, though. I'm curious to know what your findings are.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
haha.. damn.. I went half way through the thread and checked out my cam lens and it felt like a plastic cover was on so I scraped it off.. its got the hole in it which I would have seen if I just scrolled down.. haha.. just leave it on.

I dont feel anything on the finger scanner..

joemg

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I've got Verizon too. It's hard to see but yeah there is a super thin film on the lens. A piece of scotch tape did the trick. I almost didn't see it come off. It's small and has a hole in the middle

Posted via the Android Central App
Thank you just used the tape method and it came off easily

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Did an exchange at my local Verizon store. Have a perfect home button now, with no air bubble or discoloration under the lamination.

On a side note, what a great phone this is! Really, really like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781