10-24-2014 04:29 PM
26 12
tools
    Purchased my Note 4 from Verizon yesterday. I noticed this morning that there is what appears to be an air bubble at the edge of the button, like what appears when adding a plastic screen protector to a phone. Does anyone know if there is a protective film over the button like there was over the screen (for protection during shipping)? I'm hesitant to start peeling away at it, but it does look like a film of some type. Thanks.
    10-24-2014 08:41 AM
    Purchased my Note 4 from Verizon yesterday. I noticed this morning that there is what appears to be an air bubble at the edge of the button, like what appears when adding a plastic screen protector to a phone. Does anyone know if there is a protective film over the button like there was over the screen (for protection during shipping)? I'm hesitant to start peeling away at it, but it does look like a film of some type. Thanks.
    I didn't have one (or I still don't notice one) on mine, but I'm on AT&T. You seem to already know this, but I'd be careful about picking at the home button since that's where the fingerprint sensor is.
    10-24-2014 08:44 AM
    My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 didn't have one

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    10-24-2014 08:48 AM
    I didn't have one (or I still don't notice one) on mine, but I'm on AT&T. You seem to already know this, but I'd be careful about picking at the home button since that's where the fingerprint sensor is.
    If this isn't a removable plastic film, then I'm very disappointed with Samsung. The home button looks like garbage. This has to be film of some type. Unless anyone can confirm otherwise, I'll have to go back to Verizon today. I haven't taken this phone anywhere or done anything with it, mostly have had it sitting on my desk.
    10-24-2014 08:49 AM
    I honestly can't tell but I know the camera lens had one that was barely perceptible. If I hadn't read online that there was one there I probably would never have known. Same might be true for the home button though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    iamdld and scholaryoshi like this.
    10-24-2014 09:40 AM
    I honestly can't tell but I know the camera lens had one that was barely perceptible. If I hadn't read online that there was one there I probably would never have known. Same might be true for the home button though.

Totally missed that plastic on the camera
    10-24-2014 09:56 AM
    Can you take a phone selfie and show us? I'm interested to see what it looks like.

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    10-24-2014 09:58 AM
    I am interested too. But in the past, I have had first hand experience with crappy quality from Samsung, so I would return it if I were you.
    10-24-2014 10:08 AM
    Now that you mention it, I just looked at the camera lens and see a little bubble along the edge of the square surrounding the lens. Huh. I started to pick at it a little, but it doesn't seem to be easily removable. So I'm not sure if I should. Kinda like OP.
    10-24-2014 10:28 AM
    Now that you mention it, I just looked at the camera lens and see a little bubble along the edge of the square surrounding the lens. Huh. I started to pick at it a little, but it doesn't seem to be easily removable. So I'm not sure if I should. Kinda like OP.
    The lens did have a plastic protective film that I removed in the store. So you're safe doing that. I feel like it's the same situation here with the home button, but it's less obvious. I don't want to damage the home button, but it shouldn't look like it does (which is, that it looks like there is a thin film over it). Should be hard plastic, which won't look like this. I'll take it into Verizon, and have them either confirm that there is plastic film there, or replace the phone.
    10-24-2014 10:33 AM
    Take a piece of tape and stick it to it a few times. If there's plastic on there it will come off. That way you don't have to pick at it.

10-24-2014 10:35 AM
    My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 didn't have one

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Likewise for T-Mobile... no plastic right on the button.
    10-24-2014 11:03 AM
    Well, this article from androidcentral says there is, The first 5 things to do with your new Galaxy Note 4 | Android Central , but I don't see one on my N4 and don't want to keep scratching at the home key/scanner to find out. My scanner works great, so if there is, I guess it will have to fall off naturally.
    10-24-2014 11:57 AM
    Well, this article from androidcentral says there is, The first 5 things to do with your new Galaxy Note 4 | Android Central , but I don't see one on my N4 and don't want to keep scratching at the home key/scanner to find out. My scanner works great, so if there is, I guess it will have to fall off naturally.
    That's where I'm at. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

10-24-2014 12:11 PM
    Grrr I can't peel the cover off the camera lens! Any suggestions?

10-24-2014 12:15 PM

Mini needle nose pliers, or tweezers. Remember, it doesn't cover the lens itself -- it's a square piece of plastic covering the whole square lens opening, with a circular hole in the middle over the lens. So it doesn't actually interfere with photos.
    10-24-2014 12:20 PM
    Is it obvious when you look at the lens that there's a film on it. I dont see one on mine. I've got Verizon. Thanks.

10-24-2014 12:40 PM
    Yep I see that there is the center that has no cover. No luck with the tweezers. Gonna try the tape

10-24-2014 12:46 PM
    Be careful of the plastic on the lens so you don't scratch the paint on the outside of the camera module.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    10-24-2014 12:52 PM

Leave it alone.
    10-24-2014 12:57 PM

Tape.

10-24-2014 12:58 PM
    I've got Verizon too. It's hard to see but yeah there is a super thin film on the lens. A piece of scotch tape did the trick. I almost didn't see it come off. It's small and has a hole in the middle

10-24-2014 01:02 PM
    I think there was a plastic film on it - it is a finger print scanner, after all. I don't remember for certain, though. I'm curious to know what your findings are.
    10-24-2014 02:48 PM
    haha.. damn.. I went half way through the thread and checked out my cam lens and it felt like a plastic cover was on so I scraped it off.. its got the hole in it which I would have seen if I just scrolled down.. haha.. just leave it on.

I dont feel anything on the finger scanner..
    10-24-2014 02:54 PM
    I've got Verizon too. It's hard to see but yeah there is a super thin film on the lens. A piece of scotch tape did the trick. I almost didn't see it come off. It's small and has a hole in the middle

Thank you just used the tape method and it came off easily
    10-24-2014 04:20 PM
26 12