10-31-2014 02:48 PM
50 12
tools
    How do you do this?
    Which part? if you are asking about the widget, you can go into the app drawer and select the widgets tab, and look for the "google now" one, and place it on the left most screen. and uncheck infinite scrolling of screensn (in the Nova settings)

hope this is what you asking about. If not, let me know what part of my screen shot you are asking about.
    10-28-2014 02:59 PM
    What's the difference between Nova and the paid version a.k.a Nova Prime?

Posted via the Android Central App
    The prime opens up more features than the free version, that has to do with look and feel enhancements of the launcher. One of my favorites is the gestures on the home screens. for example I can swipe down from anywhere on the screen to bring down the notification panel, or pinch to zoom to open up the gallery, or swipe down with two fingers to say open wifi. All these can be customized to do different things.
    10-28-2014 03:12 PM
    Which part? if you are asking about the widget, you can go into the app drawer and select the widgets tab, and look for the "google now" one, and place it on the left most screen. and uncheck infinite scrolling of screensn (in the Nova settings)

hope this is what you asking about. If not, let me know what part of my screen shot you are asking about.
    im guessing you have to uncheck the infinite scrolling? i dont see a google now widget..
    scratch that found it lol
    Nitro211K likes this.
    10-28-2014 03:31 PM
    im guessing you have to uncheck the infinite scrolling? i dont see a google now widget..
    hmm, it should be there in the app drawer. Alternatively you can press and hold the home screen>>widgets>>Google search>>Google now (4x4)
    steveinil likes this.
    10-28-2014 03:35 PM
    I am loving Nova Prime on my N4. It has been very smooth and I love the additional customization features.
    10-28-2014 06:31 PM
    When you remove the s pen on a non touchwiz launcher, do you get the air command?

10-28-2014 06:37 PM
    When you remove the s pen on a non touchwiz launcher, do you get the air command?

I just checked this with Nova and air command pops up when s-pen is detached.
    10-28-2014 06:40 PM
    What's the difference between Nova and the paid version a.k.a Nova Prime?

from Play Store

Unlock the following extras by purchasing Nova Launcher Prime
    • Gestures - Swipe, pinch, double tap and more on the home screen to open your favorite apps
    • Unread Counts - Never miss a message. Unread count badges for Hangouts, SMS, Gmail and more using the TeslaUnread plugin
    • Custom Drawer Groups - Create new tabs or folders in the app drawer
    • Hide Apps - Keep a clean app drawer by hiding never used apps
    • Icon Swipes - Set custom actions for swiping on app shortcuts or folders
    • More scroll effects - Such as Wipe, Accordion, and Throw
    10-28-2014 07:26 PM
    I've never used a launcher before and usually just relied on ROOT with my classic Thunderbolt for customizations so pardon my stupidity here but, is it easy to go back to TouchWiz in the event that I dislike Nova?
    10-28-2014 09:03 PM
    I've been using Nova prime since I got my Note 3 and use it again on my 4. I have tried a few other launchers, but always go back to Nova prime. I don't have the widgets for Google now set up, but I've assigned a double tap on the home screen to open Google now.
    10-28-2014 09:32 PM
    I think this why I don't mind (love) TouchWiz because it works with Nova Prime, not that others (hTc, LG, etc.) have any issues.

Nova is amazing!
    10-28-2014 09:36 PM
    I've never used a launcher before and usually just relied on ROOT with my classic Thunderbolt for customizations so pardon my stupidity here but, is it easy to go back to TouchWiz in the event that I dislike Nova?
    Sure, you can do that two ways. You could keep Nova installed and just make Touchwiz the default when you hit the home button, or you can simply uninstall Nova, and Touchwiz will be back in service. Hope this helps.
    chuckawd likes this.
    10-29-2014 07:50 AM
    Mainly just widgets like

Calendar
    S health
    Facebook unread badge

All the s pen features will work.
    There's an option for a Facebook unread badge and other unread badges. You need to have the Tesla Unread for Nova plugin installed. Then go into Nova Settings > Unread Counts > TeslaUnread Settings and scroll toward the bottom and select Facebook under Labs. Works great on my Note 4.
    10-29-2014 08:11 AM
    There's an option for a Facebook unread badge and other unread badges. You need to have the Tesla Unread for Nova plugin installed. Then go into Nova Settings > Unread Counts > TeslaUnread Settings and scroll toward the bottom and select Facebook under Labs. Works great on my Note 4.
    yeah I'm using nova now and nothing is missing
    10-29-2014 08:15 AM
    I got 1Weather when Weatherbug Elite screwed its paid customers. It has a GREAT widget that has Google Now built in. I haven't quite looked up screenshot yet or I'd post it.

I've been using Nova prime since I got my Note 3 and use it again on my 4. I have tried a few other launchers, but always go back to Nova prime. I don't have the widgets for Google now set up, but I've assigned a double tap on the home screen to open Google now.
    10-29-2014 11:03 AM
    I'm just shocked no widget is missing from touchwiz
    10-29-2014 11:04 AM
    Without starting a new topic - is Nova launcher the best one out there?
    I've used multiple launchers and I feel it's a matter of preference. Nova is the best for me because it's the simplest with just enough customization. I used to be a GO launcher fan but they got a little Ad happy. Apex and Smart launcher seem to be gaining in popularity.

Best way to find out what you like is to download them and try them out because attempting to describe the features of them is impossible.

ashifpa and Brandwin like this.
    10-29-2014 11:25 AM
    I'm just shocked no widget is missing from touchwiz
    There are a couple from the Calendar that are missing. In TW, when I select the calendar widget, I get a choice of 4 different widgets, including a nice transparent monthly calendar. Using Nova, when I select calendar, it just drops the standard daily one on the screen and thats it. I can't choose any of the other 3.
    10-29-2014 01:02 PM
    There's another thread about this somewhere. From it I got turned on to "Today" Better than stock calendar. Nice widget. I use Nova too.

There are a couple from the Calendar that are missing. In TW, when I select the calendar widget, I get a choice of 4 different widgets, including a nice transparent monthly calendar. Using Nova, when I select calendar, it just drops the standard daily one on the screen and thats it. I can't choose any of the other 3.
    10-29-2014 01:44 PM
    Big thing for me missing from Nova, or any other launcher besides TW, is the feature that lets you pin an action memo to a home screen. I really like that feature as with the Note 4's screen resolution I can actually read those mini post-its.

Does anyone know of a widget that can do similar, as a 1x1?

Michael
    10-29-2014 03:20 PM
    Yes, I have to clean my Gmail. Just cleaned my Yahoo mail the other day.

Thank you for posting this picture and sorry to get off topic, but I have a question please, as I have always wondered why my gmail icon doesn't show the 'number' of messages? I have looked in the settings but can't seem to find how to make it show that. Thanks for any help.
    10-31-2014 02:20 PM
    Thank you for posting this picture and sorry to get off topic, but I have a question please, as I have always wondered why my gmail icon doesn't show the 'number' of messages? I have looked in the settings but can't seem to find how to make it show that. Thanks for any help.
    If you DL the TeslaUnread app and use it with Nova it will provide this.
    10-31-2014 02:25 PM
    If you DL the TeslaUnread app and use it with Nova it will provide this.
    Thank you for your reply. I use the stock launcher (and still using Note 2....Note 4 soon!) so I guess it cannot be accomplished with stock.
    10-31-2014 02:30 PM
    Thank you for your reply. I use the stock launcher (and still using Note 2....Note 4 soon!) so I guess it cannot be accomplished with stock.
    right. purchase Nova Launcher Prime, then download/install Tesla Unread. Set up all of the items you want badges for.
    GregMargie likes this.
    10-31-2014 02:42 PM
    I recently switched from Apex to Nova Prime because Nova finally added a "Lock Desktop" feature. So far I haven't had a problem adding any of the Samsung widgets.
    What do you like better about Nova over Apex?
    10-31-2014 02:48 PM
50 12