How Does Nova affect the Note 4?

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I am considering using the Nova Prime launcher. Not that there is anything wrong with the edition of touchwiz that's running on the Note 4, but i would like to mess around with different icon packs and such.

What sort of functionality do you loose when you switch the launcher?

Warmart

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
There's supposed to be a thumbtack like icon for saving action memos/notes to a chosen desktop screen but mine is missing (didn't try before I put Nova on and I'm not taking Nova off :cool:). I do, however, get a count of notifications on my Facebook icon (I don't have Messenger installed so idk about it).

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I recently switched from Apex to Nova Prime because Nova finally added a "Lock Desktop" feature. So far I haven't had a problem adding any of the Samsung widgets.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I spent all of 2 minutes with T-wiz before Nova made it onto my Note 4 :) . As for the Thumbtack/Note on Home Screen thing, here is a workaround:
I minimize the note, that way it ends up as a bubble on my home screen, that reminds me that I have a pending note, and the great bonus is that it shows up on all screens.

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I have to clean my Gmail. Just cleaned my Yahoo mail the other day.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-24-16-04-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-24-16-04-05.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 382

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Without starting a new topic - is Nova launcher the best one out there?

Very subjective, but I've used several and Nova seems to give the most options and works very well all around. I could be wrong but I believe it is the most popular of all the 3rd party launchers. It's definitely my favorite and suits my needs the best.

So, to answer your question, I give you a definitive YES. 😆

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I think Nova was the original launcher and it was my first. Then Apex came along and had some features that Nova lacked. I switched to Apex and didn't look back until I got the Note 4. Now it looks to me as if Nova has caught up with and passed Apex so I switched back to Nova Prime.

marselisgn3

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

honestly its a matter of personal choice. But Nova and Google launcher are among the most favourite for Android users. And if you ask me I'd say Google. The far left home screen swipe that gets You to google now beats anything. But again its a personal choice. I like google now. But in the end I use touchwiz, :)

kabeeo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
This is my first Samsung phone. On all of my Droids I always used Go Launcher EX as I found it to be the most flexible (changing the name, color and font of icon names; great transitions, etc). For now I am trying to hang in there with TouchWiz as it is all new to me.

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I installed Nova Launcher Saturday night and I am really digging the smoothness of everything. Not sure what all I can do with it, so I need to read some articles or watch some YouTube videos.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
honestly its a matter of personal choice. But Nova and Google launcher are among the most favourite for Android users. And if you ask me I'd say Google. The far left home screen swipe that gets You to google now beats anything. But again its a personal choice. I like google now. But in the end I use touchwiz, :)

If you want the best of both worlds, use the nova launcher, and put the Google Now widget on the far left home screen ;)
like so:
Screenshot_2014-10-21-16-38-56.jpg

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
iv hade my note sense sat and been using it stock touch wiz but have used nova prime on my last two phones touch wiz is ok on the note 4 but i miss the customazation of nova for sure being able to size everything and having the shortcuts double tap to do this swip up to do that is very nice one less thing on your home screens things you use alot i had google now on the swip up shortcut was always nice and fast getting to it on my s4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463