10-29-2014 06:25 AM
49 12
tools
    So far all I have on my phone is a tempered glass screen protector. I have been debating back and forth about if I should put a case on it or not. I love the feel of the device and dont want to add any extra bulk to it. I kept my G3 caseless and it worked out well, but of course the Note 4 is bigger and more prone to drops and scratches due to the metal so Im not sure what to do.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-24-2014 07:02 PM
    The first thing I do when getting a new phone is install a glass screen protector and a case.

Got a case but no glass, feeling naked and unprotected.

What to do??
    Dont let your phone get another phone pregnant lol

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4
    DL1991 likes this.
    10-24-2014 07:20 PM
    Just got mine yesterday morning. It was naked all day. Just picked up an S5 and a tempered glass screen protector for my Note and love it. I don't plan on buying a case any time soon.
    10-24-2014 08:10 PM

Right?!? Then we would have mini note 4's running around with half baked specs and 720p screens. ....

felloffthetruck and DL1991 like this.
    10-24-2014 09:11 PM

Be great if it did go ahead and have offspring. Oh Yea!
    10-24-2014 09:40 PM
    Huh? It does? No protector=No protector. I guess so, but why is no protection better?

Posted via Android Central App
    There is no protector that is as good as NOT having a protector...get it now? In other words, you can't beat a naked screen. That's what it says, and you can't - for clarity, brightness, fingerprint elimination and viewing in direct sunlight. True that there is no screen protection - but that's the price to pay if you want to use the phone as it was intended for.
    10-24-2014 09:50 PM
    There is no protector that is as good as NOT having a protector...get it now? In other words, you can't beat a naked screen. That's what it says, and you can't - for clarity, brightness, fingerprint elimination and viewing in direct sunlight. True that there is no screen protection - but that's the price to pay if you want to use the phone as it was intended for.
    I'm still not sure why you've had such a horrible experience with Zagg Glass. I've gone naked and I've also used Zagg Glass and I noticed no difference in clarity, feel, viewing in direct sunlight and fingerprint accumulation. I am way pickier than the average person to the point I notice every little scratch, ding, creak, fingerprint, dust, etc. I would never use Zagg Glass if it worsened my experience at all but it doesn't.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    10-24-2014 10:33 PM
    Crazy not stupid. LOL (not towards anyone here)

I will always use a Screen Protector, the Display is too important to **** up. I am trying something and going with a Sleeve this time, I'm getting sick of cases sometimes that I even sold my LG G3 Spigen Ultra Hybrid and went with a brand back Skin.
    10-24-2014 10:47 PM
    Let it roam!
    10-26-2014 05:21 AM
    Yea this little shiny metal edge part literally attracts scratches. I have a few myself. I never complained about the plastic because it's very durable. I'm almost afraid to put it in a real case (using an s view).

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    ??? back when i had the iphone 4s it didn scratch?
    10-26-2014 06:47 AM
    ??? back when i had the iphone 4s it didn scratch?
    I've never had an iPhone so maybe it's something they do better than samsung...putting metal on phones. I don't care for it. But the shiny part is very thin so the phone should still be in good condition.

10-26-2014 10:00 AM
    I've never had an iPhone so maybe it's something they do better than samsung...putting metal on phones. I don't care for it. But the shiny part is very thin so the phone should still be in good condition.

Maybe
    10-26-2014 10:01 AM
    Anyone using the Samsung Note 4 cover?

Yep. Got the Galaxy Note® 4 Protective Cover, BLUE for $15.00 and it will be my primary cover. Rugged with extended padding at each corner BUT somehow it is feels and is very thin. Quality also. Wish I had the black one but it was on backorder of course.

Also had the spigen Perfect-fit case which is very thin but doesn't protect the top/bottom edges of the N4. After a small mark and hearing other scratch stories I decided I wanted 4 side protection.

So, the Samsung Cover case feels great, thin, rugged, nice grip, quality feel and look BUT I will say the raised lip prevents the TouchId swipe from working at all. But I think Samsung implementation of touchid is at joke anyway compared to the iPhone 6+.

I'd highly recommend Samsung's cover case.
    reesh11 likes this.
    10-26-2014 05:06 PM
    Yep. Got the Galaxy Note® 4 Protective Cover, BLUE for $15.00 and it will be my primary cover. Rugged with extended padding at each corner BUT somehow it is feels and is very thin. Quality also. Wish I had the black one but it was on backorder of course.

Also had the spigen Perfect-fit case which is very thin but doesn't protect the top/bottom edges of the N4. After a small mark and hearing other scratch stories I decided I wanted 4 side protection.

So, the Samsung Cover case feels great, thin, rugged, nice grip, quality feel and look BUT I will say the raised lip prevents the TouchId swipe from working at all. But I think Samsung implementation of touchid is at joke anyway compared to the iPhone 6+.

I'd highly recommend Samsung's cover case.
    I was in the process of ordering the black one when I saw it was back ordered. It said to allow 4 weeks for them to get it. Sheesh. I'm glad that it works well and I will be stalking samsung.com until it becomes available.

10-26-2014 05:15 PM
    Did you scratch the class or the faux leather battery cover?
    10-26-2014 08:31 PM
    I don't understand why you would need a case? Isn't a screen protector enough? If you're buying a case to protect the back of the phone there's no point because you can easily replace it for $10
    10-26-2014 08:32 PM
    I don't understand why you would need a case? Isn't a screen protector enough? If you're buying a case to protect the back of the phone there's no point because you can easily replace it for $10
    The edges can't be replaced. Metal isn't very forgiving when dropped.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    Yk Chin likes this.
    10-26-2014 08:44 PM
    I'm only gonna use it in bed and then put it carefully in its box when I'm done and it isn't going anywhere until I get a otterbox

Guys if your rich then cool but I'm very not my note 4 is one of nicest things iv had in years and will probably have in yrs to come

.....so I'm gonna take super good care of it I recommend you do to

I'm in the same boat here and feel totally the same way.

10-26-2014 11:29 PM
    The case is to protect the phone, not the phone case which is replaceable. Good protective case will absorb the shock when you accidently drop your precious phone onto an unforgiving surface. It's better safe than sorry. No matter how careful, sometimes accident does happen & can't be avoided. It's alright if you feel there's no need for a protective case. To each of his own.
    10-26-2014 11:45 PM
    No case here as of yet. Don't think I'm going to get one either. Same with screen protector doubt I'm going to get one of those either
    10-27-2014 01:37 AM
    NEVER had a screen protector. Never had a scratch. I do have a case for some occasions though. Spigen. Thin capsule I think it is.
    10-27-2014 09:44 AM
    I am going naked...dont like to hide my phone.
    10-28-2014 10:57 PM
    Was going to get a case but after 2 weeks of naked I'm really digging the feel of this baby. I was a little nervous at first. But now I'm good.

Still gonna get a case for those days outside of my average day. Like I'm going to a music festival this weekend and I rather not be naked.
    Yk Chin likes this.
    10-29-2014 02:14 AM
    I've got a screen protector, and no case... yet. The only case Best Buy had in stock was that S View thing. I want a real case, that will actually protect my phone. Should have planned ahead and ordered one before the phone was released, but I didn't, so now I have to go naked for a week while I wait for my case to arrive.
    10-29-2014 06:25 AM
49 12